[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Mission Sims » The Simulators » Training Sims
Training Sims
Divebomber311Date: Tuesday, 07-Dec-2010, 10:51 PM | Message # 1
Big Three Member
Group: Users
Please sign up for a fast simple test battle. Use of 5 ships each and defenses for one side. if we have multiple people we can do mutilple sims.

I am Divebomber311
One of the Original Big Three Managers
Head of the Once Feared Shadow Dragon Syndicate
Conflict will rage again
You Will fear my fleets again!

Merkillum_VeersDate: Wednesday, 08-Dec-2010, 2:38 AM | Message # 2
Original Site member
Wish to sign up for the Sim please

RippyDate: Wednesday, 08-Dec-2010, 5:37 AM | Message # 3
Original Site Side Manager
Signing on.

Sadly enough, they just keep dying...
--
My characters!

Divebomber311Date: Wednesday, 08-Dec-2010, 10:57 AM | Message # 4
Big Three Member
Rippy Will lead the GA who are Defending.

Veers will lead the attacking empire.

Both choose 5 different ships...no fighters for this battle. Matt also choose a station.

post here your ship choices

I am Divebomber311
Conflict will rage again

Merkillum_VeersDate: Wednesday, 08-Dec-2010, 12:20 PM | Message # 5
Original Site member
Nothing to crazy..

Constraint Class Command Destroyer x1
Allegiance Support Star Destroyer x1
Imperial Star Destroyer Mk X x1
Carrack Cruiser x2

RippyDate: Wednesday, 08-Dec-2010, 2:19 PM | Message # 6
To make it relatively even...

Mon Cal Mediator Battlecrusier Daystrom
Mon Cal Blue Diver Heavy Cruiser Callisto
Rejuvenator Star Destroyer Valour
2x Ranger Gunships Archer 1-2

Station in orbit is a Rendili StarDrive Space Platform

Attackers always go first, so you're up when we get going, Veers. smile Good luck.

--
My characters!

Merkillum_VeersDate: Wednesday, 08-Dec-2010, 5:26 PM | Message # 7
Original Site member
Alright, cool. Goodluck as well, hopefully I don't mess up to badly... Never done this before.

----post---

This attack should go well. Information was provided that an enemy fleet was stationed near an outpost planet, and that the planet itself was not well defended. Moff Veers ordered the attack, however unsure what was actually at the site, and the fact he was more into tactics then raw firepower, he ordered the drop out of Hyperspace in Mid Orbit. Also, he attacked from the rear, as informants said that portion of the planet was the least defended.

As soon as they dropped out of Hyperspace, the ships opened fire on anything within range.

Constraint Class Command Destroyer (Imperial Might) Opens fire on Valour with Ion Cannon Batteries and Torpedoes. Turbo Laser batteries and Heavy batteries against the Daystrom. Remaining 100 Turbolasers against Archer.
(Valour 100 Ion Cannon Batteries, 100 torpedo's. Daystrom is attacked with 100 Heavy Turbolasers Batteries, 100 Turbolaser batteries. 100 turbolasers against Archer 1)

Allegiance Support Star Destroyer (Empires Bounty) Opens Fire on Valour with its Ion Cannons, Torpedo's and Turbolaser Cannons. Archer 2 fired upon with Heavy turbolaser Batteries.
(Valour 50 Ion Cannons. 20 Torpedo's, 50 Turbolaser cannons. Archer 2 100 Heavy Turbolaser Barreries)

Imperial Star Destroyer Mk X (Thunderclap) Opens Fire on Valour with Ion Cannons Batteries. Archer 1 with Heavy Turbolaser Batteries. Archer 2 with Torpedo's.
(Valour 50 Ion Cannon Batteries. Archer 1 60 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries. Archer 2 40 Torpedo's.)

Carrack Cruisers (Shadow and Assassin)
Focus Fire on Valour with Ion Cannons, and Turbolasers against Daystrom.
(40 Ion Cannons vs Valour, 20 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries against Daystrom)

Merkillum_VeersDate: Wednesday, 08-Dec-2010, 5:30 PM | Message # 8
Original Site member
(Hope that is a good first battle post. If not let me know what I can do to improve it)

RippyDate: Thursday, 09-Dec-2010, 7:57 AM | Message # 9
The small fleet stood waiting patiently over the planet. The pieces had been set, and it was only a matter of time until the Imperial fleet would meet them in glorious combat.

Commodore Alexander Wendigo stood on the bridge of the Daystrom, biding his time. Intelligence had reported of a small Imperial fleet inbound and Wendigo had been deployed with a detachment of Commander Hamat's forces from the 1st fleet. The Daystrom and the other ships of the Alliance remained poised for the coming attack.

The station, put by the planet for orbital defense, charged it's weapons. It would coordinate it's attacks along with the Daystrom.

The attack came swiftly, but the task force stood ready. Most fire was concentrated on the Valour, but some was scatted to the Mediator battleship that Wendigo's flag sat on. "Divert shield power to forward for all ships, move into a defensive position. Return fire on my mark!" The Commodore's eyes flared with determination.

"Sir, the Valour is reporting moderate damage, with shields brought down low and ion damage abroad. The Archers took a heavy spread of turbolaser fire, and 2's shields are down. Daystrom recieved some heavy turbolaser fire from the Carracks." The Commodore nodded and assesed the situation. With ships on their rear and fore he had some strategic thinking to do.

"Bring the Valour and Callisto around and open fire on the rear vessels, full laser and torp spreads. Have the Daystrom and Archers fire on forwardly." The orders distributed the Commodore waited anxiously for the enemy to make their move.

--
BATTLE REPORT:
(( do we have damage values for the torps and lasers fired? I'm trying to dredge up how to manage my damage taken? ))
--
Daystrom targets the Imperial Might: 30 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 105 Turbolaser Batteries, 70 Ion Cannon Batteries, 17 Proton Torpedoes (aimed at Command Tower shield generators)
Daystrom targets the Empire's Bounty: 60 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 105 Turbolaser Batteries, 70 Ion Cannon Batteries, 17 Proton Torpedoes (aimed at the Command Tower shield generators)
Space Platform targets the Imperial Might: 40 Turbolaser Batteries, 40 Double Laser Cannons (aimed at the Command Tower shield generators)
Space Platform targets the Empire's Bounty: 40 Turbolaser Batteries, 40 Double Laser Cannons (aimed at the Command Tower shield generators)
Archer 1 targets the Imperial Might: 4 Turbolaser Cannons, 4 Heavy Quad Laser Cannons, 4 Concussions Missile launchers (aimed at the Command Tower shield generators)
Archer 1 targets the Empire's Bounty: 4 Turbolaser Cannons, 4 Heavy Quad Laser Cannons, 4 Conc. Missile Launchers (aimed at the Command Tower shield generators)
Archer 2 targets the Imperial Might: 8 Turbolaser Cannons (aimed at the Command Tower shield generators)
Callisto turns around and engages the Thunderclap: 36 Turbolaser Batteries, 24 Laser Cannon Batteries, 20 Ion Cannon Batteries (aimed at the Command Tower shield generators)
Callisto targets the Assassin: 36 Turbolaser Batteries, 24 Laser Cannon Batteries, 20 Ion Cannon Batteries (aimed at the bridge)
Valour is turning and will be able to engage the rear enemies next round (engines damaged from barrage)
--
(( I'm very rusty to Steve, any advice you can offer to us would be appreciated. I don't remember values for weapons as well so I think we'll need that to assess damage ))

--
My characters!

Divebomber311Date: Thursday, 09-Dec-2010, 10:14 AM | Message # 10
Big Three Member
((Ok Gentlmen first round of Combat has passed. A few pointers for both of you. First of neither of you has really put in a formation. While that is not neccessary it can be the specifics you put into your posts that can make the difference between victory and defeat. Another thing is we dont know where either fleet is. Neither the GA or the Empire posted where their ships are. This is a minor thing but again could cost the battle in either direction. Matt I love how you are specifing EXACTLY where you are directing your fire. Now for the damage....we no longer use a damage chart...we have one stored away in case we decide to go back to it...but for now damage is done on an honor system. Use your best judgement. Remember if someone feels their opponent is posting light in damage they will call admin and admin will make a ruling. But so long as you do your best on taking damage...your not going to be admonished for it.))

I am Divebomber311
Conflict will rage again

RippyDate: Thursday, 09-Dec-2010, 2:04 PM | Message # 11
(( PHEW, honor system is great. If you can't pick out what my damages are I'll post 'em right here:

Daystrom: Shields at 77%
Valour: Engines and critical systems partially disabled, tactical weapons are still powered; shields at 56%
Archer 1: Shields at 41%
Archer 2: Shields down, ship vulnerable ))

--
My characters!

Merkillum_VeersDate: Friday, 10-Dec-2010, 5:47 PM | Message # 12
Original Site member
The battle had started. Their first strike against the enemy, arriving close to them had paid off and many ships were damaged. However, not enough, and the counter strike was more focused then their initial assault. Veers looked over at his admirals under his command, who started to shout out damage reports.

"They are targeting our primary shield generators! Damage is light however Grand Moff Sir."

The rear Admiral spoke next. "The Bounty and Thunderclap have taken up position on our flanks. Awaiting your orders. The Carracks are to the rear. The enemy is turning to engage them, and one is reporting that is shields are critical. However, their weapon systems are still active, as are their engines. However, another barrage like that, and they will be finished. The other reports no damage."

The last admiral on the bridge spoke. "Two of the enemy vessels are in bad shape. One has no shields left. The other has been damaged by the Ion cannons and is having trouble. However, their weapons are still functional." Veers nodded and issued his orders.

"Move in and Tractor Beam in that smaller craft. One barrage from the Ion Batteries towards its primary reactor should prevent it from Trying to self destruct or escape. All other weapon batteries focus on the Flagship. Send more of our Ion Batteries to the disabled ship, focus on its weapon systems. Torpedo's to its shield generators, to knock them out. Have the assassin ram the Callisto. Eject as much of the crew as they can before. Get the names of those that stay behind so when we win this battle, they are remembered. Have the Shadow fly to the rear of the Callisto, and stay out of its primary fire arcs, low and rear. Have it continue to fire on the Daystrom's rear and the Valor. Have the Bounty send off its assault shuttles to board and take the Valour. Use the Zero G suits in case there are hull breech's they need to go through."

The three Star Destroyers reformed to make a V shape, the Flag at the top, the other two on its lower flanks. The Assassin moved to ram the bridge of the Callisto, and small shuttles departed to capture the Valour. Escape pods were ejected from the assassin. The shadow moved to the rear and below the Callisto, to stay out of its fire arc as best as it could, while firing on the flagship.

((Damage: Imperial Might: Shields to 60%. light hull damage from torpedo.
Empires Bounty: Shields down to 25%.
Assassin: Shields gone, light hull damage.
Thunderclap: shields down 75%))

((next round of actions:
Imperial Might: Moving toward Archer 2 within Tractor Beam Range. 50 Ion Cannon Batteries to Archer 2 (Targeting Main Reactor) Tractor Beam locked on Archer 2, pulling it into bay. (May need another turn for that)
50 Ion Cannon Batteries towards Valour's Weapon Platforms. 100 torpedo's toward Valour (Shield Generators).
200 Turbolaser batteries toward Daystrom (Targeting Primary Reactor) (Heavy Batteries Recharging).
Empires Bounty: Moved into position to the rear left of Imperial Might. Opening Fire on Archer 1
50 Torpedos, 50 Ion Cannons (Heavy Batteries Recharging)
Thunderclap: Moved into position to the Rear Right of Imperial Might. Opens Fire on Daystrom
50 Ion Cannons, 40 Torpedos. (Primary Reactor)
Assassin: Diverting power to engines, Ramming Callisto's bridge.
Shadow: Moved under and behind Callisto. Firing on Daystrom: 20 Ion Cannons (Primary Reactor)(Heavy Batteries Recharging)

Merkillum_VeersDate: Friday, 10-Dec-2010, 5:49 PM | Message # 13
Original Site member
((Alright, I added more detail, and hopefully, my damage stats were enough. Kinda hard to judge myself though :P I think I did well.

Again, Steve if not, let me know what I can do to improve them))

Divebomber311Date: Friday, 10-Dec-2010, 10:31 PM | Message # 14
Big Three Member
((So Far gentlemen it looks far improved. As for damages one thing id point out is torpedos would impact and detonate against shields...so you are probably posting high on hull damage.)) Other then that...well done guys

I am Divebomber311
Conflict will rage again

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 11-Dec-2010, 2:05 AM | Message # 15
Original Site member
(( I thought Torps pass through shields.... hence why they were used to blow up Death Star 1 which was ray shielded, and hence why astroids were able to damage the hulls of the Imp star Destroyers... both solid objects...

Forum » Mission Sims » The Simulators » Training Sims
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024