[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Mission Sims » The Simulators » Training Sims
Training Sims
Divebomber311Date: Saturday, 11-Dec-2010, 2:09 AM | Message # 16
Big Three Member
Group: Users
If ships were just ray shielded yes they would. The Death Stars port had heavy ray shields but no projectile shields. We dont differeniate between the two for sake of everyones sanity. Asteroids could hit imp stars since a ship that large in an asteroid belt would take several thousand impacts. Shields would go out. Also asteroids have far more mass then a torpedo would and would do more damage...weakening shields faster.

I am Divebomber311
One of the Original Big Three Managers
Head of the Once Feared Shadow Dragon Syndicate
Conflict will rage again
You Will fear my fleets again!

RippyDate: Sunday, 12-Dec-2010, 8:59 PM | Message # 17
Original Site Side Manager
The Daystrom shook violently as the next round of fire from the Imperials passed over the task force. Commodore Wendigo gripped his Command chair, and took a seat as a series of violent shakes emanated through the Mediator battlecruiser. "Sir, shields are low, heavy weapon batteries are charging fleet wide. Our primary reactor was targeted. Fleet reports coming in as we speak."

The flag officer sifted through the reports before a verbal status came from his dedicated communications officer. "Sir, the Daystrom remains shielded after a turbolaser and torpedo barrage. Light ion cannon damage was absorbed and compensated for. Our main reactor took serious damage and shields hover around 35%. The Archer 2 is being tractored by their flagship, and it is almost totally disabled. Most crucial systems are down, including weapons and self destruct. Shuttles have been dispatched to the Valour, it's shields are down after a massive torpedo assault. It appears like... sir, the enemies gunships are maneuvering for a ramming strike and for a rear strike on the Callisto. The Archer 1's shields are in severe conditions."

Alex took in the information as it came at him. "We're not finished fighting yet," said the Commodore with a spark of defiance gleaming in his eyes. "Form up the remaining ships, with the Valour in the middle and surrounded by the Daystrom in the fore, Archer 1 on the port, and the Callisto in the rear. Have the Callisto fire the brunt of it's assault on the ramming vessel and remaining weapons on the other gunship. Turn the Archer's firepower on the shuttle's inbound to the Valour and on the flagship. Split the Daystrom's tactical as well. Coordinate the space platform's weapons with the Daystrom, instead splitting between the flag and the support destroyer."

Wendigo sat back and waited for the enemy's commander to make his next move. The man was obviously well versed, but the Commodore intended to give him the fight of his life. He only hoped it didn't cost him his life...

--
BATTLE REPORT
Daystrom: Shields at 36%
Valour: Tactical systems half disabled; engines and critical systems partially disabled; shields down.
Callisto: Primary reactor partially affected; engines reduced to 75% power. Shields at 100%.
Archer 1: Shields at 7%
Archer 2: Shields down. All systems down sans life support. Tractor beamed.
Space Platform: Shields 100%.
-
Daystrom targets the Imperial Might: 105 Turbolaser Batteries, 70 Ion Cannon Batteries, 17 Proton Torpedoes (Heavy weapons recharging))targetting the shield generators - turbolasers & proton torpedoes, main reactor - ion cannons)
Daystrom targets the assault shuttles bound for the Valour: 30 Turbolaser Batteries, 17 Proton Torpedoes
Daystrom targets the Empire's Bounty: 75 Turbolaser Batteries, 70 Ion Cannon Batteries (targeting the shield generators - turbolasers, main reactor - ion cannons)
Callisto turns and targets the Assassin: 36 Turbolaser Batteries, 24 Laser Cannon Batteries, 20 Ion Cannon Batteries (Turbolaser and Laser Cannons aimed at engines, Ion Cannons aimed at main reactor)
Callisto targets the Shadow: 36 Turbolaser Batteries, 24 Laser Cannon Batteries, 20 Ion Cannon Batteries (Turbolaser and Laser Cannons aimed at shield generators, Ion Cannons aimed at tactical systems)
Valour targets the shuttles inbound: 17 Ion Cannons, 12 Quad Laser Cannons, 6 Proton Torpedoes
Archer 1 targets the shuttles inbound to the Valour: 4 Turbolaser Cannons, 4 Quad Laser Cannons, 4 Concussion Missiles
Archer 1 targets the Imperial Might: 4 Turbolaser Cannons, 4 Quad Laser Cannons, 4 Concussion Missiles (aimed at the shield generators)
Space Platform targets the Imperial Might: 40 Turbolaser Batteries, 20 Double Laser Cannons (aimed at bridge)
Space Platform targets the Empire's Bounty: 40 Turbolaser Batteries, 20 Double Laser Cannons (aimed at bridge)

Sadly enough, they just keep dying...
--
My characters!

Merkillum_VeersDate: Thursday, 23-Dec-2010, 11:38 PM | Message # 18
Original Site member
((Sorry for the delay. Holidays and everything like that...))

The battle continued to rage. Veers looked about in silence as laser fire streaked across the sky. Things were going well, but not well enough to suit him. The admirals continued to gather intel on the current settings. Suddenly, there was a violent explosion, and the ship rocked a bit, while alarms started to sound.

"Moff sir, our forward shields are down! Our bridge is vulnerable! Also, reports stating there is some ion damage affecting some of our systems. Engine power is down to 75%. Ship we tractor beamed is in the docking bay, waiting to be boarded."

The assassin rocked from an explosion to its primary engine systems, and the ion energy streaked across the ship. However, its momentum allowed it to crash into the side of the Callisto, though it did not self destruct as was the original plan.

The Shadow took a barrage of fire from the Callisto, as it moved into position, and the admirals continued to speak. "Shadow is reporting light damage." Another explosion, this time from the Bounty. "Bounty is reporting heavy damage to shields, and hull breech on its bridge. The shuttles are taking some damage, two have been destroyed. Those men will be remembered."

More rocking, and two admirals grabbed veers, and pulled him out into the hall. Then another explosion, just as the doors sealed. A large whooshing sound was heard, as veers growled. "bastards." After a minute, force-fields were in place, and men two comm officers, exited the bridge. Veers growled and made his way deeper into the ship, to the emergency bridge.

As they walked, he spoke with the comm officers. "Alert the comm in the emergency bridge. tell them to relay orders. Turn the ship hard to port, and broadside the Daystrom with everything we got. Target their main reactors and shields... I want that ship to explode. Have the Thunderclap focus all its fire on the on the other Ranger class vessel and the Daystrom. Have whatever the Bounty has left target the Callisto. Have it prepare to jump into hyperspace. Shadow target the callisto as well. See if it can't target the position near the Assassin's impact zone, as that should get us access to the interior. Order the troopers to prepare for cracking into that ship in the bay."

((Imperial Might: Forward shields gone, Bridge damaged. Engines at 75%. Sensors damaged.
Empires Bounty: Forward shields and Bridge gone. Warp Engines at 50%
Thunderclap: Shields at 80%
Assassin: Completly disabled. Crashed into side of Callisto.
Shadow: Shields at 50% Weapons at 80%))

Imperial Might: Turns to its side, targets daystrom. 50 torpedo and 50 Heavy turbolasers against shield generators. 50 torpedo and heavy turbolaser against the Main Reactor.
Callisto targeted with 100 Ion Cannon batteries (Main Reactor)
Archer 1 targeted with 200 turbolaser batteries. (Half to main reactor, other half at ship due to sensor damage)
Archer 2 locked into docking bay.
Empires Bounty: Turns around. Prepares to Warp.
Fires on Callisto. 50 Ion Cannon (Shield Generator) 20 Torpedo's (Shield Generator). 50 Heavy Turbolaser cannons (Shield Generator)
Fires on Daystrom (100 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries (Main Reactor)
Thunderclap: Moves to protect Bounty.
Tagets Daystrom with 60 Heavy Turbolaser batteries (bridge)
Targets Archer 1 20 Torpedo (Bridge)
Targets Callisto 50 Ion cannon batteries (Main Reactor)
Assassin: Dead in the water, impacted side of Callisto
Shadow: Opens Fire
Targets Callisto 7 Heavy Turbolaser (Hull breech)
Targets Archer 1 17 Ion Cannons. (Main reactor)

(Alright, there the posts... sorry for the long delay again, and again, hope it is satisfactory.
Again, looking for critiques on how I did )

RippyDate: Friday, 24-Dec-2010, 2:44 PM | Message # 19
(Not a big deal, but you might want to refer to it as hyperspace and not warp smile

"Sir, the Callisto has been impacted! Archer 2 has been dragged into their flag and we're receiving fire."

Commodore Wendigo turned to deliver orders to the waiting officer, but was cut off as the bridge of the Daystrom abruptly was obliterated by the force of the Imperial's attacks. Command shifted to the executive officer, Commander Paul Lokar, who sat concentrating in the auxiliary bridge of the Daystrom. With their bridge destroyed the center of operations switched to the much safer center of the ship, where Lokar decided on their next course of action. "One more decisive strike on the Might will bring down their commanders; Intel suggests VERY high ranking members onboard that vessel."

Paul nodded. "Salvage all weapons and bring the Imperial Might down with our last breath. Have the Callisto cut off the Bounty's escape route no matter what, and cut their corvette down. Let the Captain of the space platform know command could be switching to him soon."

Orders delivered the remaining crew of the Daystrom waited patiently and anxiously for their results.

--

Archer 2 PoV:

Lieutenant Commander Bradley Calle pulled the blaster pistol slowly out of his command desk, checking it's powerpack and switching the safety off. "All crew, this is Commander Calle. Prepare to be boarded. Guard possible entry points and fight to your dying breaths. For the Alliance!"

--

Daystrom: Bridge destroyed; engines at 21%; tactical systems at 50%
Valour: Tactical systems half disabled; engines and critical systems partially disabled; shields down.
Callisto: left shields down, hull damage sustained; 75% of tactical systems in order. Shields at 100% forward, right, and back.
Archer 1: Destroyed, all crew killed
Archer 2: Life support only system active. Crew preparing to be boarded.
Space Platform: Shields at 100%

--

45 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries fired at the Imperial Might, bridge
105 Turbolaser Batteries fired at the Imperial Might, center mass
70 Ion Cannon Batteries fired at the Imperial Might, primary reactor
17 Proton torpedoes fired at the Imperial Might, center mass
35 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries fired at the Empire's Bounty, engines
17 Ion Cannons fired at the Empire's Bounty, engines
12 Quad Laser Cannons fired at the Empire's Bounty, bridge
6 Proton Torpedoes fired at the Empire's Bounty, bridge
54 Turbolaser Batteries fired at the Thunderclap, shield generators
36 Laser Cannon Batteries fired at the Thunderclap, shield generators
30 Ion Cannon Batteries fired at the Thunderclap, primary reactor
40 Turbolaser Batteries fired at the Thunderclap, shield generators
20 Double Laser Cannons fired at the Thunderclap, shield generators
40 Turbolaser Batteries fired at the Shadow, shield generator
20 Double Laser Cannons fired at the Shadow, shield generator

--
My characters!

Merkillum_VeersDate: Friday, 24-Dec-2010, 10:16 PM | Message # 20
Original Site member
((heeh warp :P However, I do have one small problem... all the systems on Archer 1 were disabled, as your post indicated. So, how did it self destruct? Only system it had according you your last post was life support.))

RippyDate: Saturday, 25-Dec-2010, 7:44 AM | Message # 21
(( I guess you might be correct; I think at the time I was theorizing that they just drew on life support since they wouldn't really need it in 5 seconds. I'm under the impression that self destruct is a fairly basic but powerful operation but if needbe I'll remove it . I can specify diverting the life support, if you'd like))

--
My characters!

Viper7784Date: Saturday, 25-Dec-2010, 1:27 PM | Message # 22
Big Three Member
Thats if it was just pure ray shields but most ships have deflector shields which is a combination of Ray and Particle Shielding. Why the asteroids tore up the sds is because they overwhelmed the shields. causing the damage.

By the power invested in my torpedos, I now pronounce you DEAD.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 25-Dec-2010, 3:21 PM | Message # 23
Original Site member
((My understanding is that for a ship to self destruct, its reactor would need to overload, and since the reacotr is shut down, it has no ability to do so. I will wait on a ruling, incase I am wrong.))

KalThanatosDate: Saturday, 25-Dec-2010, 6:50 PM | Message # 24
Original Site Manager
(I agree in favor of Meers on this. It is all about what you write and how you write. The post does say all systems were down except life support. Which means everything is down. Doesn't matter how it was meant to read, it matters how it will be.)

RippyDate: Saturday, 25-Dec-2010, 7:50 PM | Message # 25
(( I agree after reading through my post; editing now. My apologies, Veers. ))

--
My characters!

Merkillum_VeersDate: Tuesday, 04-Jan-2011, 5:59 PM | Message # 26
Original Site member
((sorry everyone, Holidays were kicking my arse, and trying to find a job hasn't been a picnic. But getting to a post now))

Veers walked into the secondary bridge, as the ship swayed back and forth from the turbolaser fire. He looked as some comm officers started to make their reports. "Moff sir, the fleet is getting battered by alliance ships. While three of their ships are for the most part disabled, and their flagship is at a disadvantage, the Callisto is still seeming full operational and so is their Space station defense. While only one of our ships is disabled, only one is full functional." Veers sighed a bit, before asking. "What about the landing party on valor?" "Major Nox reports they are making their way to the main reactor. Hopefully they should be able to get the hyperdrive access and mkae the jump to meet us at the designated location. The bounty is making the jump now, and the Shadow is requesting to do so." Suddenly more fire on the ship, and the Comm spoke. "External sensors are offline. Hull at 60%. Weapon systems down 25%."

Veers nodded. "Tell the Thunderclap to remain and cover our retreat. See if it can't defend the Valor. However, if their shields fall to 25% tell them to jump. Have the shadow divert all its power to shields and engines. Get it out of danger. As much as I hate retreat, I had come and accomplished my goal. We should be able to get some technology and information off the drive of the captured ship, and if the Valor escapes, that's even more information about the Alliance that we can use. Have us jump as well. This ship is taking allot of damage, and there is no cause for it. Divert remaining power to shields and Hyperdrive Engines."

-----POV raiding party------

Major Nox threw a detonator down the corridor, and watched as some men flew from behind their wall. His men continued to push forward. As Veers had planned, the enemy went to protect the bridge. He hoped that meant the engineering bay was less guarded, so they could get out of this mess they were in. He left 2 shuttles worth of troops to guard their passage incase the bridge saw to it to bring about reinforcements.

"Sargent, protect the engineers, we are going to need them to hack the system and get control away from the bridge. Make sure the R2 units are safe as well." Nox just hoped that they would get this ship away, and he would live. However, as they made their way into engineering, he knew what must be done. He would plant the charges so if they were over run, the ship at least would be no more. "Men, we are on our own. We must make it to the main reactor terminal so we can take control, and jump to safety. Fight with all your might!"

----Imperial Might Docking Bay-----

Lt. Samuel had his troopers surrond the vessel. However, they were ordered not yet to attack, only make sure that the ship remained powered down, and that no one tried to escape. Once they were out of harms way, Veers had a plan for attacking the vessel, and wished to be there for when the raid took place. Samuel just hoped the Grand Moff Knew what he was doing.

Damage:
Imperial Might: Bridge gone, forward shields gone, left shields down to 70%, Hull at 60%, Sensors gone.
Empires Bounty: Bridge Gone, Forward Shields Gone, Left Shields 80%, Hull at 90%, Engines at 80%, Hyperdrive Engines at 50%
Thunderclap: Shields at 60%
Shadow: Shields at 20% Weapons at 80%
Raiding Party-some casultys
Attack:
Imperial Might: Power diverted to Rear shields, Hyperdrive Engines. Making the Jump to Hyperspace
Empires Bounty: Went to Warp (Out of combat)
Thunderclap: Firing at Daystrom
25 Ion Cannon batteries (Main Reactor)
20 Torpedos (Main Reactor)
Fires on Callisto
25 Ion Cannons (Main Reactor)
20 Torpedos (Exposed Hull)
Moves to protect the imperial Might
Shadow: Fires on Daystrom
17 Ion cannons: (Main Reactor)
Prepares to Jump to Hyperspace
Raiding Party: Makes its way into Engineering Bay, Attempting to take over the main reactor. Hacking system to jump to Hyperspace. Setting Charges.

Forum » Mission Sims » The Simulators » Training Sims
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024