[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Planetary Resources
Planetary Resources
KaelDate: Tuesday, 03-Nov-2009, 12:51 PM | Message # 1
Big Three Member
Group: Administrators
Hey Guys,

Here is what I have for Planetary Resources so far. Please look over them. I'm pretty sure these were the original build times. Also, should we have a limit to how many stations can be built per planet, or leave it unlimited? I am leaning towards a limit based on the Rank of the planet.

Resources –

Each planet is capable of building its own defenses in addition to supplying ships for fleets. These defenses are usually static and cannot be moved. They fall into the following categories:

Land to Space Defenses – These are defensive weapons, like planetary Ion Cannons, Torpedo Launchers and Turbolaser Cannons that can strike up to the Middle Orbit. Each one of these Defenses takes 1 week to build.

Heavy Planetary Turbolaser Cannons take one month to build but can strike to High Orbit.

Land to Land Defenses – These are defensive weapons that are based on the ground and can only affect vehicles and ships within the atmosphere. They are mostly static and are used as defensive weapons during a ground assault. 10 of these weapons are built a week.

Starfighter Bases – These bases house starfighters either in skyhooks or on the ground. They are usually used to maintain order and to discourage smugglers and pirates from preying on cargo ships, but in a time of war, they are pressed into action to defend the planet. Each Starfighter Base holds 100 fighters, usually 20 Interceptors, 60 Fighters, and 20 Bombers. A Starfighter Base takes 1 month to build.

Shield Generators – These defenses shield the planetary surface from being orbital bombardment. They also prevent ships from making it down to the surface. Most Shield Generators create a protected area that is dome shaped and appears in Low Orbit. Smaller vessels, like landing craft and fighters can move around the edge of the shields and then attack underneath it. Until the shields are down, the planet is protected from assault in space. Each Shield Generator takes 1 month to build and its coverage is for one hemisphere of the planet. The only planet to have full shield coverage is Coruscant. If the shields are up on Coruscant, nothing can get in or our.

Orbital Stations – These are stationary bases in orbit around the planet. Unless otherwise noted, they are all in Middle Orbit. They range from supply depots and service stations to battlestations bristling with weaponry. Most have enough weapons to engage capital warships, shields to defend themselves and many house starfighter squadrons to defend the planet and assets in the system. Some even have the facilities to build starfighters. Each station is built at a rate of 100 meters per day.

Divebomber311Date: Tuesday, 03-Nov-2009, 10:57 PM | Message # 2
Big Three Member
Group: Users
yeah those look good. One suggestion I have is the changing of the Planetary shields. All Metropolis planets can have full shield coverage. When those shields go up nothing goes in or out with out precautions (I'm thinking of like on coruscant where you have to send a messagae what your carrying, and your ship name. They verify and if you pass you can enter.

I want this to to promote actual battles for planets. Even if a fleet is destroyed the planet has a chance. The Empire will use torpedo spheres to attack a planet or large capital ships (or large numbers of ships) The GA will use specialized commando units to take shields down. We will also increase the amount of damage that a shield can absorb.

I am Divebomber311
One of the Original Big Three Managers
Head of the Once Feared Shadow Dragon Syndicate
Conflict will rage again
You Will fear my fleets again!

KaelDate: Tuesday, 03-Nov-2009, 11:02 PM | Message # 3
Big Three Member
Both of those suggestions sound good. I'll add the Metropolis Shields tomorrow.

Divebomber311Date: Tuesday, 03-Nov-2009, 11:04 PM | Message # 4
Big Three Member
Uber! I have also added the Hierarchy for the Empire. Ill work on cleaning it up. Also Rob will be joining us this weekend if everything works out ok

I am Divebomber311
Conflict will rage again

KaelDate: Wednesday, 04-Nov-2009, 0:38 AM | Message # 5
Big Three Member
Excellent. It will be good to have him back.

Divebomber311Date: Wednesday, 04-Nov-2009, 10:20 AM | Message # 6
Big Three Member
When we add ecumopolis we can add a secondary layer of shielding.

I am Divebomber311
Conflict will rage again

Viper7784Date: Saturday, 07-Nov-2009, 3:31 PM | Message # 7
Big Three Member
everything looks good to me

By the power invested in my torpedos, I now pronounce you DEAD.

Pilsung2002Date: Sunday, 15-Nov-2009, 1:06 AM | Message # 8
Group: Removed

Looks good. I would cast a vote for a limit to the number of stations a planet can have. Back in the original conflicts, it was rediculous how many some planets had. This will also force you to be more strategic with your fleets, as you can't just build up a massive force of stations and have that as your only defense with your ships off defending a different world as it builds up stations or having them on the offensive.

Divebomber311Date: Sunday, 15-Nov-2009, 6:14 PM | Message # 9
Big Three Member
...you been looking into my secret stash of plans for killing cory....

I have to agree. I was thinking of a number limit. Perhaps 15 stations per planetary side.

I am Divebomber311
Conflict will rage again

KaelDate: Friday, 20-Nov-2009, 5:14 PM | Message # 10
Big Three Member
15 sounds good.

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Planetary Resources
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: