Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Shadow Hand
Shadow Hand
LordZarcaineDate: Friday, 11-Feb-2011, 4:11 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
I was reading through some Wookieepedia articles and read on the Dark Jedi. I was looking at the site and saw that the Jedi have the Jedi Order. The Sith have the Sith Imperium, and because of information on the Wookeepedia on Dark Jedi, it said that.

"Because they were notoriously dangerous, unstable, and treacherous, Dark Jedi seldom formed well-organized groups on their own in order to expand their following or reinforce their strength. One notable exception to this was the Miraluka Dark Jedi Jerec and his retinue of minions."

So I was thinking, why not make a group for the Dark Jedi, that is loosely holding them in an allegiance with each other. A set of simple rules that keep them held together while also allowing for them to gain personal wealth, power, and so on. This "Shadow Hand" would be worked much like the Dark Brotherhood of the Elder Scrolls series. It would have 5 leaders, each with their own personal apprentice who they would groom to take their place eventually, and below them would be the ranks of the other Dark Jedi being trained who be potential apprentices for the next line of Shadow Hand leaders.

The main rules that would hold them together would be.

1. Never dishonor the Shadow Hand.

2. Never betray the Shadow Hand and it's secrets.

3. Never disobey or refuse to carry out an order from a Shadow Hand superior.*

4. Never steal the possessions of a Shadow Hand Brother or Shadow Hand Sister.

5. Never kill a Shadow Hand Brother, Shadow Hand Sister, or any member of an ally guild.

*Superiors are any of the 5 Members of the Shadow Hand, or their apprentice who carry messages for them.

So any thoughts?

John04Date: Friday, 11-Feb-2011, 7:18 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
I like it. It's different most things we've seen on this site and its predecessors. However i would say modify rule number five so Shadow Hands could kill each other, but only to ensure the survival of the group, or to further their own personal power. But other than that, awesome. Unfortunately, I'm not management so I really have no say in this.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

KalThanatosDate: Friday, 11-Feb-2011, 6:08 PM | Message # 3
Original Site Manager
I like it too, however right now wouldn't be the time to introduce it to the site. As I'm sure you've seen, there isn't much going on right now in any of the factions. Neither of the Force factions now have members and it would only be more difficult for a third to join in and get members.

LordZarcaineDate: Friday, 11-Feb-2011, 6:10 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
I can understand that. Just throwing it out to brain storm as a possible future group.

KalThanatosDate: Saturday, 12-Feb-2011, 8:40 AM | Message # 5
Original Site Manager
Don't get me wrong, it would be an awesome group...once there are enough members to fill spots...

LordZarcaineDate: Saturday, 12-Feb-2011, 4:25 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Thats what I was planning. When the site gets more members I'd put it up for consideration. Just brain storming it here and tweaking it so that it'll have the best chance for approval.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 21-Feb-2011, 6:18 AM | Message # 7
Original Site member
So the Dark Brotherhood and its five tenants more or less. Would there be a Night Mother type of leader caste, that the 'thumb' speaks to, and gets orders from, or would it just be the Five?

Group could have some merit. But ya, memebers are needed first before a new group is added.

LordZarcaineDate: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 10:43 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant
It would only be the 5 leaders of the "Hand" each with their own apprentice, then all other Dark Jedi that are under the Hand's "Influence"

Of course all Dark Jedi wouldnt have to join the group if they didnt want to. It would just be easier for those Dark Jedi that did join to work in the Galaxy, compared to the other Dark Jedi that didnt join who would have to worry about the Dark Jedi of the hand coming after them.

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Shadow Hand
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024