Welcome Guest | RSS
Star Wars : Conflicts
Main
Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » OOC: Assault on Hoth (Starting to get a bit ridiculous)
OOC: Assault on Hoth
John04Date: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 1:50 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Users
Hey Merk, if you have any more OOC-related questions and comments, post them here. We're starting to clutter up the actual battle thread with too much crap. Thanks.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 6:07 AM | Message # 2
Original Site member
Ah Alright. I missread a post then, and thought Thrustships were the bombers making the bombing run. Also, you are correct in terms of the shields. Just as I have my fighters flying under and around, so you could as well smile

True on the bombing runs on the planet surface. just wanted it clear that the barracks wasn't 'visable' persay, and that the base itself is the old echo base, so allot of it is under ground. smile

Will get to a post later today. I just woke up, and have a few things to do. Thanks for the answers, I know I am a big noob. I am just waiting for that Vicount Star Defender to show up, and kick that crap outta my fleet.... considering I have no big SSD type vessels :P

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 6:23 AM | Message # 3
Original Site member
Also, one other question. There are how many fighters per squadron?

John04Date: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 7:06 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
Not a problem. I was a noob once too. Still am in many ways. This is my first time ever really using the honor system. But I've been reading all sorts of star wars novels so I think I have pretty good idea. As for the Viscount, that's back-up in case my butt gets kicked.

As for your question, unless it's otherwise stated, there twelve fighters per squadron.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 7:17 AM | Message # 5
Original Site member
Yes, well.... with two fleets that FAR outpower mine attacking too planets, I do believe that my Warlord will be short lived sad Only reason I am even defending the one so close to the core, is because of the creatures that live on it. I need them for some of my research.

Oh well, we shall see. I may lose the space battle, but I think I should be able to hold out on the ground for a long time :)Assuming I fight Smart smile

John04Date: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 7:20 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
Excellent. Then may the best man win. Or the best Chiss...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 8:54 AM | Message # 7
Original Site member
Hmm.. looking at the posts in the planetary Defenses, I see a discrepancy..

Kael: As far as I remember, we had the following defenses set up for each planet starting off.

1 Shield Generator
1 Starfighter Base
1 Planetary Defense Weapon
10 Surface to Surface/Air Weapons
1 Space Station.

Does that sound about right.

Pilsung2002

Here's how it was on the old site, take from my archives:

Planetary Defenses - Each planet in the galaxy that is inhabited starts off with the same amount of planetary defense weapons.
2 x Planetary Shields Generators (max of 10)
1 x Starfigher Base (max of 10)
10 x Planet to Space Weapons (no limit) - No Heavy Turbolaser Batteries
100 x Planet to Planet Weapons (no limit)
2 x Troop Regiments (no limit)

So... that would drasticlly change things..... if I had 10 times the amount of anti air, and planet to space weapons..... and the extra shield would be a bonus, but not nessesity...

So, Would the rest of my planets have the one listed above? Because I think it would be retarded to suddenly have space weapons firing from no where though It would prove interesting.... showing that much is hidden from sensors and stuff....
Just got me confused... that also states I have a space station, and while that would have more then likly been made short work of, it would have caused damage to your ships...

I was making up my planet listings and defenses, and Saw this. So, I am curious.

John04Date: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 9:05 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
I can see how that would change things. And I agree that this is a bit of confusing. As to whether or not your other planets would have that...I'm not sure. I'd say refer to a member of management. Probably someone like Rob, Steve, &/or Cory. They'd be the ones to talk to. I got the stats from Cory so talk it over with him either via PM or whatever. I don't know where the space station comes in because you never stated that you were even building one.

But considering that we're well into the battle...we're probably going to have to leave it as is for now. Hoth would be a pretty lightly defended world anyway. Its small, out of the way, not to mention too damn cold. Plus it's your secret research base, having a lot of gun emplacements practically screams "Find me! Find me! Find me, blow me into orbit, and take my goodies!" I know that sounds so wrong but you get my point.

I'll post in the battle thread within the next two hours. Have a couple things I need to take care of.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 9:10 AM | Message # 9
Original Site member
Understood, ya, it wouldn't be fair. But then, if it was a secret base, this wouldn't be one of the first planets attacked ither :P

However, I thought space stations came with each planet... however, no biggie. This battle will be long and bloody I think....

I asked for a pause at Myrkr for the same reason. Like I said, if it is put up here.... well.... then they are underground turret emplacements, similar to the old SAM sites. I guess if thats REALLY how many weapons I have.. SURPRISE!!! :P

Take your time, I am actually taking off for a little bit, so no rush on the post.

Viper7784Date: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 2:46 PM | Message # 10
Big Three Member
1 Shield Generator
1 Starfighter Base
1 Planetary Defense Weapon
10 Surface to Surface/Air Weapons
1 Space Station.

go with corys post. Aaron posted that for us for when we were setting up the site for referance. so are there anything else that i need to decide on.

By the power invested in my torpedos, I now pronounce you DEAD.

John04Date: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 8:07 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
Thanks Rob! Now we can get back to the battle. No that should be all for now.

Bill-can I call you Bill?-You've got 48 hours from this post to fire. You also get a space station after all. Good luck!

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 1:27 AM | Message # 12
Original Site member
Yes, I see that. Alright, so, are you going to cancel your last post, since I missed one? Eh, Ill just take the loss. Alright, getting to a post now.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 06-Feb-2011, 1:46 AM | Message # 13
Original Site member
((Echo Base is very deep underground. Your post stated your targeting the top of the base, which I assume is the center of it, one of the deepest parts. I never stated no tunnels collapsed, just that no troops have died, considering the base survived bombardment from star destroyers after the shield generator exploded, and still there were only a few tunnel collapses. Second, your post states that your firing them in smaller volleys so that the missiles have a continuous flow. So while the Tri Trackers wouldn't be able to stop all of them, because of the smaller numbers per volley they could stop allot more. So, if you keep the bombardment up for several rounds, then the base is more likely to collapse under the strain. But SD turbo lasers were allot more powerful then photon torps, so I am going off of movie knowledge on how the original battle played out and using that as a reference.))

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 06-Feb-2011, 1:53 AM | Message # 14
Original Site member
Also, reading the post.. arn't your Mon Cruisers, and thrustships all at the North Pole? How are they firing on my fleet or platform, that are on a diffrent portion of the planet? That doesn't seem to make much sense to me..

John04Date: Sunday, 06-Feb-2011, 8:48 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
You have the platform on the front side in mid orbit, and the fleet of Nebulon frigates, Victory SD's, etc in mid orbit left. Capital ship weapons can fire on ships in adjacent orbits, however starfighters can only fire their energy weapons in the same arc. Also ALL torpedoes and missiles can travel three orbits/arcs before they begin losing their target lock.

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » OOC: Assault on Hoth (Starting to get a bit ridiculous)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024