Friday, 19-Apr-2024, 0:11 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Star Wars : Conflicts
Main
Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Adding the Shin'Daal (A discussion of a new Faction)
Adding the Shin'Daal
KaelDate: Friday, 07-Jan-2011, 10:26 AM | Message # 1
Big Three Member
Group: Administrators
Hey Guys and Girls,

I was thinking about adding the Shin'Daal to the site to give it a third major power. It would remain like it was on original site, but some of the technology would change as to not make them too overpowering.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or thoughts about this, please post them here, even if you think that they shouldn't be put on the site.

I will be updating this thread with the information about the Shin'Daal.

Planets:
Metropolis - Etti IV, Saffalore, Ession, Roonadan,
Industrial - Bonadan, Ammuud, Orron III, Drog II, Kail, Duroon
Basic - Mytus VII, Gaurick, Rampa II, Brosi, Oslumpex V, Kir, Maryo
Primitive - Reltooine, Mall'ordian, Knolstee

The Shin’Daal have a Non-Involvement Treaty with the Trianii colonies of Trian, Fibuli, Ekibo, Pypin and Brochiib.

Backstory: TBC

KaelDate: Friday, 07-Jan-2011, 3:34 PM | Message # 2
Big Three Member
Shin’Daal Backstory:

The Shin’Daal is a race of extra-galactic travelers who came to this galaxy from their own, which was being ripped apart from massive black holes. They took all their combined intelligence and ship building skills to create a huge armada of worldships to escape their galaxy. They opened their jumpdrives but were too close to the black hole. The gravitational pull wreaked havoc with the drives and the navigators tried to change the route, but it caused a major malfunction with the drives. Thrown clear of their galaxy, the fleet was scattered to our galaxy and they arrived, damaged and battered in the Tingle Arm. They spent the next 2 decades moving through the arm and repairing their ships. They arrived in the Corporate Sector just after the Vong Invasion. Silently, they took over colonies and primitive planets, establishing staging points for their fleets and communication hubs. They spent this time, creating new ships from raw materials and designing new weapons and tools. During this time, they were able to capture many ships and download their information into their central hub. From this information, they learned about the Old Republic, the Galactic Empire, the civil war, Jedi and Sith. They sat back, biding their time until they were ready to make their move.

It helped that the Corporate Sector was isolated from the rest of the galaxy and that the major factions were more concerned with rebuilding their own territories. During that time the Shin’Daal attacked. In most cases, the planetary government didn’t know they were being invaded until it was too late. Some of the takeovers were bloody and some were welcomed at a change for the better from the Corporate Sector Authority.

The Shin’Daal invasion in the most part was completely different from the Vong Invasion. Instead of destroying all the cultures of the planets they took, the Shin’Daal worked to retain those cultures and traditions, adding their own on top of that. They also set up a loose coalition so that the planets could rule their daily lives and the Shin’Daal controlled the Sectors.

The last battle was taking over the CSA Capital on Etti IV. By that time, the CSA had lost most of their ships, either destroyed or turned over to the Shin’Daal. Facing annihilation, they surrendered and were exiled to a prison ship until they could be turned back into helpful citizens.

All of this, for the most part, went unnoticed by the Imperial Remnant and the Galactic Alliance. Now, having secured the Corporate Sector, the Shin’Daal closed off the sector and have most of their fleets patrolling the few hyperspace paths that lead into their territory.

KaelDate: Friday, 07-Jan-2011, 3:41 PM | Message # 3
Big Three Member
Shin’Daal Species:

The Shin’Daal are a species of humanoids, whose skin had taken on a blue tint as a defensive mechanism to the radiation from their sun. The color runs from a light blue to a deep purple depending on the time of radiation of exposure. The most unique aspect of the Shin’Daal people is their use of cybernetic technology, coupled with neuro-implants to enhance their bodies and minds for their task in live. As a result, the Shin’Daal have lightening quick reflexes with their weapons and machines as thoughts are translated directly to their equipment. When a Shin’Daal reaches the age of adulthood, they are chosen for a career type and then the appropriate training and surgery is completed to ready them for their profession.

Technomages run the religious aspects of the Shin'Daal Civilization. They combine the use of subtle implants with their body to induce the illusion of magic. One of the most curious phenomenon of this new galaxy is what is refered as the Force. They are devoting considerable energy and resources to studying it and controlling it. As of now, all Shin'Daal have no ability in the Force.

Warriors can be male or female, but the largest of the warriors are used as ground shock troops. They are equipped with the latest technology and weapons and their forces are supplemented with a considerable droid force.

Male Warriors

Female Warriors

Brute Warriors

Attachments: 4266181.jpg (23.5 Kb) · 4281270.jpg (19.0 Kb) · 0182650.jpg (27.4 Kb) · 6203455.jpg (41.6 Kb) · 2413057.jpg (42.7 Kb)

KaelDate: Friday, 07-Jan-2011, 4:11 PM | Message # 4
Big Three Member
Droids:

The Shin’Daal use a variety of droids to enhance their abilities. They range from battle and assassin droids all the way down to the mundane droids that run some of the cybernetics. All Shin’Daal have a universal translator built into their cybernetics. They are able to understand most languages in the galaxy. If they come across one that they cannot understand, the droid will try to analyze it and attempt to translate with varying degrees of success.

Typical Battle Droid

Heavy Weapons Droid

Commando Droid

Assassin Droid

Tank Droid

Attachments: 4112930.jpg (38.4 Kb) · 2684139.jpg (14.0 Kb) · 1031150.png (59.3 Kb) · 7585426.jpg (12.9 Kb) · 5653078.jpg (5.0 Kb)

KaelDate: Friday, 07-Jan-2011, 4:21 PM | Message # 5
Big Three Member
Battle Armor -

The Shin'Daal utilize a variety of battle armor, depending on the mission and personnel. The armor is attached to their neural cybernetics so that it moves with their thoughts. They make the warriors faster, stronger, more agile and more accurate, though they suffer from ion blasts.

Typical Battle Armor

Void Battle Armor

Stealth Commando Armor

Templar Armor

In addition, the Shin'Daal interchange droid and battle armor so that droids appear as soldiers and soldiers appear as droids.

Attachments: 5844853.jpg (17.0 Kb) · 2382952.jpg (10.4 Kb) · 8541951.jpg (94.3 Kb) · 0219887.jpg (30.3 Kb) · 9111545.jpg (28.9 Kb)

KaelDate: Friday, 07-Jan-2011, 4:53 PM | Message # 6
Big Three Member
Ships

Shin'Daal Battleship

Shin'Daal Carrier

Shin'Daal Destroyer

Shin'Daal Cruiser

Shin'Daal Frigate

Shin'Daal Gunship

Shin'Daal Fighter

Shin'Daal Bomber

Attachments: 4479506.jpg (36.0 Kb) · 4269773.jpg (92.8 Kb) · 5905684.jpg (427.6 Kb) · 1270027.jpg (306.0 Kb) · 2390332.jpg (99.3 Kb)

Viper7784Date: Friday, 07-Jan-2011, 6:16 PM | Message # 7
Big Three Member
Group: Users
no offense cory but we dont have enough people for another major faction right now. Now i havent read this through but the shindaal were up near the SDS when it came to power and we just dont need that type of group right now.

By the power invested in my torpedos, I now pronounce you DEAD.

Divebomber311Date: Saturday, 08-Jan-2011, 0:13 AM | Message # 8
Big Three Member
I'd have to agree. As soon as we can get the other two major powers up and running with people I'd be willing to bring them into the fray...but for now we cant.

I am Divebomber311
One of the Original Big Three Managers
Head of the Once Feared Shadow Dragon Syndicate
Conflict will rage again
You Will fear my fleets again!

RippyDate: Saturday, 08-Jan-2011, 3:54 PM | Message # 9
Original Site Side Manager
Look forward to seeing these guys back in action, but for now I'd concur with Steve and Rob.

Sadly enough, they just keep dying...
--
My characters!

KaelDate: Saturday, 08-Jan-2011, 8:41 PM | Message # 10
Big Three Member
No problem. I figured it would be later, but I needed a place to put it.

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Adding the Shin'Daal (A discussion of a new Faction)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024