Friday, 19-Apr-2024, 1:53 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Star Wars : Conflicts
Main
Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Mission Sims » Mission Simming » Assault on Hoth (Taking the initiative for the open season)
Assault on Hoth
John04Date: Sunday, 30-Jan-2011, 0:43 AM | Message # 16
Colonel
Group: Users
Laron continued to watch from the Cal Omas' bridge as the planetaqry shield lit up with all the colors of the rainbow. A young ensign came frward and handed him a datapad relaying the orders from Vice Admiral Avara. He sighed, it figured that the admiral would be watching closely. He transmitted a report back.

"Understood Vice Admiral. Will comply with orders. Request that main task force of Third Fleet be maneuvered into a closer position for a more rapid arrival. Probably nothing, but I can't shake the feeling that something isn't right. Variables can't be appropriately accounted for."

-- Tag Merk --

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 30-Jan-2011, 5:41 PM | Message # 17
Original Site member
_Extension, Until later tonight or tomarrow. Just got back from being out of town. Also, going to review the Fighter Logs for my fleets. However, I should have on up latest tomarrow, if not, feel free to continue on without me-

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 30-Jan-2011, 9:30 PM | Message # 18
Original Site member
Constraint Class CD
1 Nemesis Destroyer
1 Allegence Support
2 of each Star Destroyer (Mk1, 2 and X) (6 total)
2 Empire fleet carriers
1 Dominator Interdictor Destroyer
2 Dreadnaughts
10 Lancer Frigites
5 Carrack Cruisers
2 Victory Class Destoryers,
5 Nebulon B Frigates

1 planetary shield – (Same ones Rebels had on Hoth)
Starfighter base – How many Squadrons?
1 planet to space weapon - KDY – 150 Planet Defender
10 planet to planet weapons - 2x Speizoc v-188 Penetrator 2x Golan Arms DF.9 Anti-infantry Battery 2x Atgar 1.4 FD P Tower Amti-armor Battery 2x CoMar G-003 Tri-Tracker 2x Bryn & Gweigth Leveler I
1 troop barracks – How many units?

103 suadrons
20 starfighters (Carrack Cruisers)
12 Shuttles

17 Tie Defender Squadrons
34 Guard Tie Interceptors
26 Tie Fighters
26 Tie Bomebers

Planetary Squadrons- (However many squadrons worth)

Elite: A-Wing
Veteran: Manta Assault Fighter
Regular: Y wing

As the various ships entered into orbit around the Ice Planet known as Hoth, the shielding around the base went up, as did the other Planetary Defenses. However, no fighters jumped up to engage the enemy fleet.

On the surface, the old rebel communication array had sent out a distress signal thanks to relays within the asteroid belt that was within the system. General Candorious looked on the various screens, as the transports started to enter the lower atmosphere. With a raised brow, he shook his head. “To attack from the north is suicide. Those regions are horribly cold. Prepare the druids for an attack.” One of the aids ran to the labs, where construction of the druids was taking place, and encountered Nork Bavil, one of the head researchers on the base.

”Sir, it has been requested that the Phase one Troopers be sent out into battle. We are going to be attacked soon.” Nork smiled, as if the message of an attack was a good thing. “REALLY? I finally get to run a full spectrum battle analysis on them, and prepare any countermeasures!?” The man looked slightly mortified, before saying. “That is IF this base does not get taken out.”

“Emperor Octavious would not allow that to happen, fear not. Now, let me get to work.” With a new sense of excitement to the various chore of work he usually had, he set up the Phase One Dark Troopers for their first deployment in an actual combat environment. While they were programmed with their orders, the troopers that were stationed there began to prepare the defenses, man the weaponry, and overall, got ready for the war they knew would hit them eventually.

Major Fenris Set up some of his troops along the north border, getting communications from the base as sensor telemetry was issued. They heard the enemy trying to fire through the shield, and suddenly heard the massive pulse of the Ion Cannon, left behind by the rebels and brought back to working condition by the New Empire. Meanwhile the Anti Air defenses were set up and fired as the shields went down for the brief few seconds that the Ion Cannon Opened fire, before the shield would reengage.

In the fighter bays, the pilots got to their ships, and were starting to get their ships off the ground. They were to fly low against the shield, until they were out of its effect, to the north. Then they would strike what they could of the ground force before headed into orbit.

(The battle report:
Fighters taking off and headed north under the shield.
Planetary Ion Cannon attacking Mon Cal MC-80B 1 (Not sure on the names)
Infantry sets up defenses.
Tri Tracker’s open fire on Thrustships. Short volleys.

1 more post until Fleet Arrives)

John04Date: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 0:54 AM | Message # 19
Colonel
((First, I'd like to congratulate you on the detailed post. Second, I'm going to extend the standard 24 hour wait to 48. And third, I'd like to point out a few things, it wasn't a bad post but here's some pointers...

I recommend that you read up on the space battle rules and such. Tri-Trackers can fire up into the atmosphere orbit but no further. Planetary ion cannons & turbolasers can only fire into their same sides, except for when they are placed at the northern & southern poles(check orbit information). Other than that, not too bad. There are 10 squadrons per fighter base. And I believe that primitive planets have two starting regiments.))

((Also remember that you can only exit hyperspace in mid orbit on the left side & southern pole and the others you can only exit in Outside of Gravity Well orbit. Also remember that you have to launch your fighters when you leave.))
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------

Csapl'Aro'nuruodo watched as the ion cannon fired off. Unfortunately, the cannon had a limited firing arc and missed its target. He also watched with confusion as the tri-trackers fired off a volley towards the thrustships, only to see the barrage dissipate harmlessly against the shields of the thrustships. Laron turned to his aide and said, "When we occupy the planet, remind me to find out who is in charge of coordinating the planetary defense force. I need to have him shot." His aide, a Mon Calamari female, turned one of her eyes on Laron said, "Sir." Laron's eyes narrowed, "Because if we don't shoot him, Octavious will probably be far less merciful. We'll at least make it quick." He pondered over the recent actions of the planetary defenses, then realized that enemy had been waiting for the right moment to engage. However, it wouldn't be the right moment unless there was a fleet approaching. He ordered that the bombardment cease and all available power be transfered to the shields.

Meanwhile, the troop transports, now in atmosphere, began moving towards the frontside of the planet. However the captains of the two ships saw the squadrons of fighters rushing towards them, so they opened up with a massive barrage of quad laser cannons against the fighters. In addition to that the X-Wings & C-Wings turned around to engage the fighters as well, firing a full barrage of laser cannon and torpedo. Once they fired off their volley, they began climbing up to low orbit. And all the while that was happening, the bombers dropped their heavy bombs and proton torpedoes on the troop barracks and fighter base. Once the ordnance was dropped, the bombers climbed and began moving towards the southern pole and up towards low orbit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------
Fired upon:
Planetary Fighter Squadrons: 104 Quad Laser Cannons EVENLY, 1344 Starfighter Proton Torpedoes EVENLY(proximity detonation), 528 Starfighter Ion Cannons EVENLY, 528 Starfighter Hvy Laser Cannons EVENLY, 2160 Starfighter Laser Cannons EVENLY
Fighter Base: 432 Starfighter Heavy Bombs, 144 Starfighter Proton Torpedoes
Troop Barracks: 288 Starfighter Heavy Bombs, 96 Starfighter Proton Torpedoes

Movements:
Troop Transports: Moving from north pole to front side
HB-271 Bombers: Moving from front side/atmosphere to south pole/low orbit
XJ3's & C-Wings: Moving from front side/atmosphere to north pole/low orbit

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 1:14 AM | Message # 20
Original Site member
((Thought your ships were within range of the Ion Cannon, considering you never stated where they dropped out, defalt (my understanding) is mid orbit, center of the planet. All my defenses are concentrated around the old rebel base (So, equator of the planet). Also, the barracks and other such facilitys would be within the base itself, though the fighter base you would be able to see, though its still protected by the shield. As for the Tri Guns, I know they can only fire into low orbit. Thats where your bombers bombing my shield generator are isn't it? Actually a bit lower? Most bombing strafing runs don't happen from high orbit, but actually from within the atmosphere. Can't make a post right now, but just wanted to ask those questions, and clear up alittle bit of the layout of the base... Its a modified Echo base, hence why I chose it.))

John04Date: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 1:30 AM | Message # 21
Colonel
((Excellent questions. I actually stated in message #3 that my flagship, the three star destroyers, & two mon cal cruisers of my fleet exited hyperspace over the northern pole. They would not be in range, but the 5 heavy cruisers, 15 thrustships, & 6 gunships would be.

I'll allow the troop barracks, however I would point out that even bombing the ground above the base would potentially cause damage to the base due to shockwaves from the bombardment.

Also you posted that the tri-trackers were firing on my thrustships, not my bombers. The thrustships are in mid orbit, where such attacks would be useless. My bombers were making an atmospheric run directly at your base.

As for the planetary shield, the rules clearly state that the planetary shield exists at the bottom of low orbit, so units can fly off around the shield and then under it, which my fighters did. So against my fighter attacks, the shield is pretty much useless. My bombers weren't attacking the shield generator, but my capital ships were bombarding the actual shield.

And thank you for pointing out that it is similar to Echo Base, that will be most helpful in the ground battle.

That should answer the questions. Again, they were truly excellent ones to ask. I hate confusion in the middle of a battle. Grrrr angry ))

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 8:06 AM | Message # 22
Original Site member
The base shook from the blasts by the bombers. However, wit the depth of the base, and the fact it was renforced, the base took no real damage as of yet. General Candorious smiled as he watched the sensor layouts. The fighters veered off to engage his small defense force. That left the bombers open to the Tri Trackers, and he pressed a button on the console. Suddenly, the Tri Trackers turned to face the bombers hammering the base, and opened fire as they passed by. However, up from under the snow came a new threat, as the Concussion Missile Launchers also opened fire, targeting the bombers as well, hoping to ambush the unsuspecting bombers.

The A-Wings opened fire on the X-wings and C-wings as they started to close, turning on their weapon jamming scanners. The Manta Fighters also turned and opened fire on the fighters that had turned to engage them.
The blasterfire cracked around the small wing of fighters that was set up as a planetary defense force. Several of the Manta Fighters went down in the array of blaster and torpedo explosions, though the A-Wings managed, mostly thanks to their Jamming sensors, avoid the fire that was incoming, using their high maneuverability to their advantage. The Manta and A-Wings opened fire of their own, wishing to cause as much damage to the enemy as possible.

The Y-Wings, however, did not move to engage the enemy fighters, leaving that to the more maneuverable fighters. Instead they continued towards the Transports, some of them getting hit in the rear, crashing into the snow below. A few turned their Ion turrets to the rear and began firing at the X-Wings as well, though as soon as the Transports were within range, all fire was focused on them. A few shot their torpedo’s against the capitol ships, hoping to disable them, so they can turn around and bomb them on the ground. However, even they saw this was a losing battle, as it stood at current.

General Candorious continued to watch the monitors from the War Room deep within the confines of the base. He hoped that his ‘inept defender’ strategy would work, though it only seemed to have a marginal effect. Again, the Ion Cannon powered up and fired at the ships in orbit, though this time, it was to one of the heavy cruisers that was actually within range. The more ships disabled, the better when the fleet arrived. He just hoped it would be enough.

On the ground, the infantry started to withdraw into the protection of the base, as no troops had yet landed as thought. Deep within the confines, one regiment of Phase 1 Troopers was brought online. An ancient enemy that the New Republic had most likely forgotten about, and this time there would be no mercenary to destroy the project for them. Nork laughed, as the Troopers with their blast shields moved forward to guard the interior of the base. It was suicide to go and try defending the outside when the enemy had the air superiority. No, let them try taking the base.

(Battle Report:
Ion Cannon Fires on Majestic Heavy Cruiser.
Tri Trackers fire on bombers
Bryn & Gweigth Leveler I Open Fire on Bombers
Manta Fighters Open fire on fighter squadrons (X Wings): 72 Heavy Laser Cannons, 72 Ion cannons, 72 Laser Cannons (One Squadron then Wiped out. 2 Remaining)
A-Wing Open Fire on Fighter Squadrons (C Wings: 24 Laser Cannons, 24 Concussion missiles
Y-Wing Ion Cannons open Fire on Fighter Squadrons: 72 Ion Cannons
Y-Wings open Fire on Transport Ships: 144 Laser Cannons, 72 Ion Cannons, 144 Photon Torpedos. ( 3 Squadrons then destroyed, 3 remaining).

Fleet Arrives during the Next Post))

John04Date: Wednesday, 02-Feb-2011, 6:09 PM | Message # 23
Colonel
((From Last Round))

The bombers were caught off guard by the sudden firing of the anti-air defenses and a number of them were destroyed. The fighters were able to dodge a great number of the weapons fire. Where they lacked the maneuverability they made up for it in skill and training. However a number were destroyed under the assault, and several more were disabled and crashed into the snow. The troop transports took a heavy amount damage, however one took the brunt of the fire over the other. The captain of the more lightly affected transport used its shields to merge with the other transport's shields and worked to keep it flying properly.

Meanwhile in orbit, the ion cannon blast flew strait for the Champion. Fortuantely, the ship was rotating within the formation so the shot was glancing. Unfortunately it was still very devastating. When the captain of the ship asked for a damage report, she learned that the shields were down 70 percent and all laser weapons were offline. She immediately ordered for repairs to begin.

Damage:
Transport 1: Shields reduced to 90%, 15% of ship disabled, reduced engine output and turbolasers offline; now in atmosphere/frontside
Transport 2: Shields reduced to 27%, hull integrity reduced to 87%, 35% of ship disabled, reduced engine output, 1/2 turbolasers offline & 1/3 quad lasers offline; now in atmosphere/frontside
Majestic Heavy Cruiser Champion: Shields reduced to 30%, 35% of ship disabled, energy weapons offline
XJ3 Squadrons: 6 Squadrons destroyed, remaining in Low Orbit/North Pole
C-Wing Squadrons: 3 Squadrons destroyed, remaining in Low Orbit/North Pole
HB-271 Bomber Squadrons: 2 Squadrons destroyed, remaining in Low Orbit/South Pole
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------
Laron watched as the Champion was grazed by the ion cannon blast. He heard Captain Cel yell, "Status on the Champion! Get me a status report now!" He shook his head and said, "Calm down Captain. Contact the Peregrine and the Bloodfin. Have them engage tractor-beams and get that ship out of there. Have the Justice and Resolve follow suit. Instruct the thrustships and gunships form a defensive screen and disrupt any target locks from that ion cannon. Also, contact the ground troops and have them begin their assault as soon as possible." He watched as the heavy cruisers comply with his orders and begin moving towards the northern pole, with the various thrustships and gunships under his command flitting in and out of the ion cannon's targeting sensors in an effort to keep them from taking out another one of his ships. Sensors detected the surviving squadrons over the poles. The X-Wings & C-Wings regrouped with the main force while the bombers began moved in mid orbit and started heading for the front side. Csapl'Aro'nuruodo turned to another sensor screen to see how the invasion was going...

General Sarek Kurn stood in front of his soldiers and said, "Alright troops listen up. We have an objective: take back Echo Base. Intelligence suggests that this base is being used by one Warlord Octavious as a weapons research base. Now, we are going to assume that Intelligence didn't screw up. That means we will have to be careful. We can assume that they intend to make us pay for the base with the bodies of our dead, but we're going to make sure they give us a discount. Now move out..."

The two transports began to land, firing their quad lasers at both the starfighters and ground emplacements while the functional turbolaser batteries fired on the main doors of base. Once landed, the airspeeders of the regiments flew out of the bays and provided cover for the remaining ground troops. The infantry exited in the protection of over two hundred and fifty Griffin-class Assault Dropships. The ground troops began preperation for the full assault on the base. The speeders sped forward scouting out various assault points, the airspeeders began lining up to provide protection for the ground forces, and the heavy weapons vehicles began to acquire their various target locks.

Fired:
Enemy starfighters: 77 Quad Laser Cannons EVENLY
Planet-to-Planet weapons: 10 Quad Laser Cannons EVENLY
Blast Doors: 10 Turbolaser Batteries

Ground Forces Disembarking:
30,720 troops(located in dropships)
500 Razor Wheel Bikes
100 Jackhammer Heavy Weapons Platform
256 Griffin Assault Dropships
500 Hawk Airspeeders
200 Behemoth Assault Tanks
604 Savrip Personal Walkers
400 Balista Assault Speeder

Added (02-Feb-2011, 6:09 PM)
---------------------------------------------
((OOC: I've waited 48 hours. No response of any sort. Game on.))

The heavy cruisers made it to the northern pole without incident. The crew of the Champion immediately began repairing their electronic systems and recharging their shields. The Champion maneuvered into the heart of the formation till it was alongside the Cal Omas. On the front side of the planet, the thrustships and gunships switched into a sphere formation. While in this formation, they continued to switch out their positions in order to prevent target locks. Laron nodded as he received all this information but did nothing more. He was far more interested in what was happening down on the planet surface...

General Kurn stood on the second bridge of the troop transport, watching as the ground forces proceeded towards the main entrance to "Echo Base" or whatever it may be called now. The Hawk-class airspeeders unleashed a withering barrage of proton torpedoes and blaster cannons at the top of the mountain base, then relaying their targeting data to the transports, who then transmitted the data to the Jackhammer heavy weapons platform who fired off their own proton torpedoes. The torpedoes were fired in a staggered volley, allowing each torpedo to detonate right after one another, with enough time in between detonation to maximize penetration in order to instill chaos in the base, as well as create intense destruction.

The troop transports continued to fire off their quad laser cannons in order to provide cover for the troops, working with the Savrip walkers's grenade mortars to deliver devasting anti-air tactics. As the guns were firing their volleys, the ships transfered power from their engines directly into the shields in order to regenerate them and provide cover for the troops. As the assault continued, the dropships flew forward towards the battered entrance of the hangar. The Razor Wheel Bikes and Balista Assault Speeders moved along the flanks of the dropships as cover. As the dropships moved towards the base, the Behemoth-class Assault Tanks used their heavy projectile cannons towards the hangar bay in order to clear it of any defenders, as well as open additional pathways into the heart of the base. They also fired their grenade mortars at the enemy starfighters. As the dropships and their escorts approached, they too fired off their projectile weaponry at the hangar interior. The missiles and projectiles were fired in a similar way that the torpedoes aimed at the peak of the base were, in a staggered volley in order to achieve maximum penetration in order to eliminate most defenders on or near the ground levels. Seismic tremors from the detonations would also serve to hamper the defenders efforts.

Fired upon:
Enemy Fighters: 804 Vehicle Grenade Mortars EVENLY, 77 Capital Quad Laser Cannons EVENLY
Top of base: 1000 Vehicle Hvy Laser Cannons, 7000 Vehicle Proton Torpedoes
Hangar Interior: 200 Vehicle Projectiles, 1824 Vehicle Concussion Missile Tubes

Movement: Griffin Assault Dropships, Balista Assault Speeders, & Razor Wheel Bikes heading for hangar entrance.

Message edited by John04 - Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 3:07 PM

Merkillum_VeersDate: Wednesday, 02-Feb-2011, 8:29 PM | Message # 24
Original Site member
((Sorry, I was waiting for some form of ruling. I have had no word of anything as of yet..

John04Date: Wednesday, 02-Feb-2011, 8:33 PM | Message # 25
Colonel
((OOC: Ah. Then we will put the battle on hold then until we have such ruling.))

Merkillum_VeersDate: Wednesday, 02-Feb-2011, 9:08 PM | Message # 26
Original Site member
((Sorry for making it pause. I am just trying to get this cleared up, cause it IS a massive difference. Again sorry for the delay... I know how much it sucks for battles to just suddenly stop.))

John04Date: Wednesday, 02-Feb-2011, 9:18 PM | Message # 27
Colonel
((Yeah it does suck. But trying to play a game without knowing the rules sucks even more. I want to get this cleared up too. I'll send a PM to Cory, Rob, & Steve. If I hit all three, maybe we'll get lucky.))

Merkillum_VeersDate: Wednesday, 02-Feb-2011, 10:02 PM | Message # 28
Original Site member
((I hit Kael and Divebomber, and I know they have been on, but no word as of yet. Perhaps if we both pester them, we shall get an answer :P ))

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 2:00 AM | Message # 29
Original Site member
Space:

On the Southern Pole of the planet, Emperor Octavius arrived with his defense fleet. This would be the first engagmant, and judging the scanner reports, a damn hard one. The defense fleet slowly made their way around the planet, in High Orbit, while the fighters began disembarking from the hangers. This battle was going to be one that if he stood victorious, would show his might to both the GA and the Empire, the Empire he hoped to ally with. Admiral Jameson walked to his side. "Emperor, it appears that the planet has already fallen under attack. The base is being besieged, and the fighter garrison is taking a beating."

Emperor Octavius looked on with a frown. That was not a good sign, but he knew that this planet was not prepared for such an assault. How did they find him out on the fringe so quickly? It was of little consequence now. They had a battle to win. "Send the Tie Fighters and Bombers down to the planet, and bomb the hell out of those ground forces before they breech the base. Hvave the interceptors and Defenders stay with the fleet to attack enemy fighters. Lancer Frigates, 3 on each flank, 4 to the rear. Primary Targets are any fighters and bombers headed our way. Have the Allegiance Star Destroyer send down its marines onto the surface. They are needed there far more then here. Send word to the surface that help is on the way. Tell them to hold out as long as possible. Maintain the blast doors. Have the star destroyers go to each flank on the inside of the lancer perimeter, triangle shaped pyramid formation. Once the Allegiance is done landing its troops to the surface, have it move to a good position to bombard the planet. Have its shuttles stay down there, incase our sensitive staff needs evacuation. The Carrack Cruisers with be between the Command Ship, and the Star Destroyers on the underside of the Command Ship. This will provide us additional protection incase any fighters get through our perimeter. Have the Nebulon B's, Drednaughts, and Victory Star Destroyers move wide around the right flank, to strike them while they are engaged to us." Admiral Jameson nodded and started to issue the orders. With luck, they would be able to strike the enemy, and strike them hard. First were those near the center of the planet above their base.

Spacestation: Golan IV Space Defense SpaceGun (Added a cloaking device):

The soldiers and scientists aboard the Space Station Nixium were rather board. They were continuing to test the cloaking device that the Emperor had bought and had installed, to see if his scientists could find a way to penetrate the no communication signals to and from the station. So far, there was no luck, and once a day the Station would uncloak, recieve updates and transmit data, and sometimes recieve supplies before going dark once more. Travan, a Fallen scientist, signed lightly, as he looked at the clock. Yes, time yet again, to uncloak this weapons platform, and send for more updates. However, this time, when they decloaked, it was in the middle of a group of enemy ships. Spitting out his drink, he shouted into the comm. "Battle stations! Battle Stations, this is not a drill, Shields up!" The shields went up in moments, though half the gun crews were not yet at their post, still scrambling to get there.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 2:33 AM | Message # 30
Original Site member
Planetside: The fighters were getting hammered by the ground forces, as the enemy fighters took off to the north. The A-wing squadron broke pursuit and headed to try and help with the attack on the ground forces. The Y-Wings continued their attack against the transports, though as they flew overhead, they started dropping their payload of photon bombs, hooping to diminish the ground forces enough to give their troops a fighting chance. The manta wing also veered off to fire on the enemy ground forces, focusing on the heavy weapons. As the enemy shots blasted some of the ships apart, the A-Wings were doing their best to try and intercept the missles being fired.

General Canderious sighed as he saw the display screens. So be it, he ordered one of the majors. "Open fire on all batterys. Focus on the Dropships. If they have no troops, they can't storm the base." As he went towards the exit to join the troops, there was a message recieved. "Broadband signal sir, incoming transmission. Emperor Octavious has arrived, and is sending reinforcements. Hold the line. Detonate charged in the tunnel if it will keep them from entering the deeper parts of the base. This planet can not fall, and if it does, it will be nothing but a hole of Ice." The general knew what that meant, that if it would be lost, then the entire base was to self destruct, to take as much as the enemy as possible, as well as protect the secrets that lie within. Nodding, he said. "Watch the screens. If they make it past corridor 6, detonate the base, unless you hear from me. If you do not, then odds are I have been slain, and the battle is going to be lost."
With that, the General headed to the front, to be with his men.

On the outside, the doors buckled under the blasts and parts of the hanger began to cave in, due to the intense bombardment from the troops now on the surface. It wouldn't be long till the blastdoors failed, and the enemy breeched the first line of defense. Thats when grenades and torpedos broke through, and started striking randomly within the interior of the base. The breech was not huge, but large enough. They were doing a good job battering the base, that was for sure, but they didn't get many casuiltys.

As the dropships made their approch, the snows lifted, reveling the underground weapons arrays. This base would cost many their lives, as the planetary weapons started to open fire against the enemy dropships, hoping to cause the front line of them to crash and burn, as to create a barrier of bodies. The men inside the base continued to hide within the deep confines of corridor two, crates and such formed up as protection, as they waited for the enemy to enter, E-Web blasters set up in place.

((Battle Summery:
Space:
Ships exit Hyperspace in High Orbit on the Southern Pole. Disembaring fighters. Moving into the front of planet high orbit.
Formation stated above. Lancers on the outside, followed by Imp SD in pyramid formation to ether side (One on top, two lower and to the flanks). Carrack Cruisers under the Command Destroyer and Nemesis.
Fleet two: 5 Nebulon B, 2 Drednaught, 2 Victory SD, 1 Intradictor moving to Mid Left. cluster formation. Allegence SD and 2 Empire Fleet carriers staying at southern pole.
Spacestation Decloaks at Mid Front Orbit. Fires 17 Quad Laser Cannons, 40 Heavy Turbolaser batteries, 15 Ion Cannons, 17 Photon Torps at nearest thrustship.
Planetary Ion Cannon Fires at a a Majestic (Forward)
2x Speizoc v-188 Penetrator 2x Atgar 1.4 FD P Tower Amti-armor Battery 2x Bryn & Gweigth Leveler I all firing at Dropships
Tri Trackers firing at Photon Torps fired at top of base
2x Golan Arms DF.9 Anti-infantry Battery firing at Razor Wheel Bikes

Alright, I think that takes care of everything... hope the post is alright.

Forum » Mission Sims » Mission Simming » Assault on Hoth (Taking the initiative for the open season)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024