Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Mission Sims » Mission Simming » An Ordinary Day
An Ordinary Day
IlanahThanatosDate: Sunday, 26-Dec-2010, 8:49 PM | Message # 31
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Ilanah drew in a deep breath as she took the datapad from him. She kept her gaze on him for several moments before she finally tore it away and looked down at the planets he had indicated. "Ah....yes. A little, but I know I have books and the research to fill in the blanks." She smirked a little and rested the datapad in her lap for a moment before she glanced to him. "Not only history but some....mythos and rumors. It depends on what it is you are interested in."

" Onderon...are we going there? Because I have heard, and have seen pictures, that the ruins on the planet are....amazing." She said as she looked back to the datapad for a few moments. "And Ambria is a desert." Ilanah paused and handed the datapad back to him. "What do you want to know exactly? Alot of what I have....heard or read or whatnot is all just myth....I don't really know if it is true or not."

With that, Lana swept from her seat in one graceful movement and paced behind the chair as she trailed her fingertips through her raven locks. "I've heard that, and I assume this is what you want, that both are particularly, well...." She paused for a moment and thought about it. "Force energies are very....strong....there." The 'mythical' Force interested her very much, but she had little to learn from other than just rumors and what she had read about the histories of the Jedi and the Sith.

Message edited by IlanahThanatos - Monday, 27-Dec-2010, 10:23 PM

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 27-Dec-2010, 9:24 PM | Message # 32
Original Site Manager
A big smile came to his face as she told him that she at least knew a little about the two planets. He nodded as she went on about what she did know. It was starting to look as if taking her along with him was proving to be worth it. From what she was saying, he was needing to know more of the myths that she referenced to. Those would probably be where he would get the most information. His eyes followed her as she stood up and mentioned that both places had strong force energies.

He looked up at her, "That is mainly the reason why we will be visiting those locations. I want to find a way to harvest those energies, but I need to know what the myths are that you speak of. Those will greatly help us..."

As the two were talking, the others had climbed aboard the ship, and had grabbed her bag that she left. The ship's engines quickly started up and the ship began to embark on their mission, but there would be one stop before they would go any further.

IlanahThanatosDate: Monday, 27-Dec-2010, 9:40 PM | Message # 33
Lieutenant colonel
Ilanah reached down and pulled a small leather book out of her bag. It was handwritten. On paper. Not a datapad or a chip or anything. She quickly flipped through a couple of the worn pages. It looked as if it had been read over and over. Not all of the handwriting was hers either, not that he would know that.

After a few moments, she would sit next to him after she found the page she was looking for. "Well it says that....Ambria....was kind of Sith refuge, sort of." She looked up at him to see if that registered any kind of sense to him. "And that the planet is very mineral rich and has a remarkable amount of dark energy." She frowned a little and trailed her fingers over some of the symbols on the page, some that might be recognizable to him. She didn't know what they meant really, but the person who wrote it did. And he was the reason she was so interested.

Her father had written it.

Message edited by IlanahThanatos - Monday, 27-Dec-2010, 10:02 PM

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 27-Dec-2010, 10:35 PM | Message # 34
Original Site Manager
Kal didn't have a lot of knowledge on the Core Worlds and their involvement in the Sith's history. It wasn't something he had tried to learn more of either. He did know the history of Onderon, but Ambria was a place where he believed that he could find more of what he was looking for. She had pulled a leather book out of her bag, that was something not seen throughout the Galaxy. Actual written books were rare, and yet this woman had one. She moved and sat next to him as she settled on a page that she seemed to like. She told him that it was a refuge of sorts for the Sith as well as having a remarkable amount of dark energy. Exactly what he was wanting to hear. He looked over at the book, noticing the old Sith Language written on the pages. He didn't know how to read it, but unknown to her the Amulet that he had taken from her could allow them to read it. The only issue was that he wasn't sure just how to use the Amulet.

He looked up from the book to her, "Are there any other planets mentioned in there that could contain dark energy?"

IlanahThanatosDate: Monday, 27-Dec-2010, 10:46 PM | Message # 35
Lieutenant colonel
She would nod as she flipped through the pages of the tattered, leather bound book. "I am sure that there are. Some of it is written in a language that I don't really read very well." Ilanah hadn't ever let anyone touch the book, let alone look at it long enough to translate it. Given the time, which she hadn't had with her job, she could likely figure it out.

"Do you....I mean...." She offered him the book to look at, which was oddly trusting of her. "My father wrote it." She admitted. "Some of it is stuff that I have learned, but mostly my father." He was dead, and the book had been found by her and she had it ever since. It almost read like a diary of some sort.

Lana looked up at him for a moment and smiled a little before she turned her hazel gaze back to the scrawled penmanship on the page in her hands.

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 27-Dec-2010, 11:05 PM | Message # 36
Original Site Manager
She had told him that her father was the one that had written the book that was before them. He was impressed that her father was able to write in the old Sith Language. He took a second to look it over before telling her, "That language is the old Sith Language. There is no one I know alive that can read this...but if my theory is correct..." He reached into his pocket and pulled the Amulet out, "This should be the Translation Talisman that was once owned by one of the Kings of Onderon. This should allow us to read it, but I don't know how to use it. If only we could figure out how to use it." He paused for a second as he thought further before telling her, "There are other Amulets out there that can do more than this one...if only we could find them as well..."

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 9:15 AM | Message # 37
Lieutenant colonel
"I didnt really know him very well, but I trust he knew what he was talking about. " She wasn't exactly sure if he was even still alive or not. He had dissapeared when she was so young, and her mother never spoke of him.

Ilanah carefully took the amulet from his hand, her fingers briefly brushing against his, and she looked at the engravings on it for several lingering moments. "I'm not much of a linguist, but I can try." She murmured before she turned the amulet over in her hand to look at the back.

Finally, she turned her gaze back to him and she let out a low sigh. Ilanah still wasn't sure what had possssed her to do this, aside from the mystery and adventure of it all. "So where are we going first?" She asked. "Ambria or Onderon? And ...where am I staying? I will need space to work if you want my help."

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 10:11 AM | Message # 38
Original Site Manager
She asked where they would be going first. He hadn't really figured out where yet, both planets seemed to offer him a lot. She knew of Ambria from her father's book. He knew if they were to succeed, they'd have to go to the place that benefited them most to take it. He looked at her as she also asked where she would be staying, and replied, "Well, our very first stop will be my ship. This is just something we took to get off the planet. My ship is in orbit, we should be arriving in minutes." It seemed just as he said that, the ship that they had stolen docked in with the Sith's ship. It was a Modified Consular-Class Cruiser that they had obtained from measures that shouldn't be used. The others didn't even bother talking to the two, they knew not to interrupt their Lord. He stood up, holding out his hand to her, "Let's move over to my ship and we will find you a room that you can stay in during our trip." If she would take his hand, he would give her time to grab her things and follow him over to the Kharon where he would lead her to her room where she can drop her bags off.

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 11:52 AM | Message # 39
Lieutenant colonel
"Oh....." she said in response to the admission that this was not truly his ship. Ilanah smiled a little and nodded to him. Her gaze trailed from him to the others when he offered his hand and she nearly smirked before she looked back up at the man and rested her hand into his before she stood. It felt like electric tingling through her fingers, which was something she had never felt before.

A moment later, she dropped her hand from his and reached for her bags, where she safely tucked both the amulet and he leather journal before she followed him. Ilanah did cast one final glance at the crew behind her before she vanished into the corridor behind Kal and onto his ship.

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 12:07 PM | Message # 40
Original Site Manager
As they entered the Kharon it was clear that this was a larger ship, and that it was kept clean and in order. He would have brought her to one of the larger cabins where she would be staying. He would turn to her, "This will be your room. Go ahead and drop your things off here and we'll head off to the navigation room to figure out our next stop..." He would give her time to enter the room and drop her stuff off, while also hopefully keeping the amulet and book with her.

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 12:16 PM | Message # 41
Lieutenant colonel
She did just that, and dropped the bags off onto the bed before she retrieved both the book and amulet again. Her gaze trailed around the room momentarily before she moved to follow the Sith. The ship was larger and mud tidier than she had expected, but it was also cold.

"I got the feeling that your uh....well your crew didn't much care for the idea of all of this. " By this she meant her coming along. Based on the looks and such from them.

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 12:25 PM | Message # 42
Original Site Manager
He gave a slight nod to her comment about his crew as he responded, "They aren't big on you not being one of us and then on top of that they don't like the fact that your coming along, but don't worry about them. They won't do you any harm as long as I am around..." He would turn from her and step outside the room, "Come...we need to continue on with that book..." He would start walking down the hall towards the navigation room where they would be able to pull up the star maps and find where the closest planet they need to get to would be.

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 12:40 PM | Message # 43
Lieutenant colonel
Ilanah would roll her eyes. This wasn't the first time in her life that she wasn't 'part of' a group or whatever. She had always stood.out on her own a little, but that was mainly because of how her mother raised her. And her education attributed to it. "Great...." she murmured as she followed him and eventually they ended up in the map room.

Ilanah sat the book down on the table, but didn't let the amulet go. The chain was wrapped about her delicate wrist and she looked at the maps. "Which is closer? Though I think Ambria might be your best bet either way..."

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 12:54 PM | Message # 44
Original Site Manager
As they came into the map room, he turned to her to see her place the book on the table. He walked over to the console and punched a few things in, which brought up the holographic map. He turned back to look at it in the middle of the table. His hand reached up, pointing to the map, "Here we are. This is Onderon and this is Ambria. Both are relatively close, but I too believe that Ambria will be the best bet..." He called out to the computer, "Set coordinates for Ambria." He walked to the intercom on the wall, calling up to the cockpit, "Coordinates are in, proceed when system check is finish..." The voice would come back over the intercom, "Roger, sir. System check nearly complete." He would turn back to Ilanah, "Let's get back to figuring those symbols out again." His hand waved in the air, causing the book on the table to flip open and turn to the pages where he remembered that the Sith Language was written on.

The ship would have detached from the smaller transport ship they came from. The engines roared to life and the ship started to move, unknown to them. The hyperdrive started up and the ship jumped towards their destination.

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 1:10 PM | Message # 45
Lieutenant colonel
As she looked at the star maps, Ilanah settled herself into a seat at the table right in front of the journal. She had just put her hands near it to open it when it lipped open and turned to the right page.

"Thank you. I think. " She said as she examined the page against the amulet laying next to it. It didn't make absolute sense, but there was a glimmer there.

"I've never said this before, but it would be nice to talk to my father. " ilanah murmured as she squinted at the amulet again. Suddenly, she recognized something and paged through the journal. "I need a pen or something ...."

There was a key ....she hoped.

Forum » Mission Sims » Mission Simming » An Ordinary Day
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024