Saturday, 20-Apr-2024, 3:49 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Star Wars : Conflicts
Main
Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Mission Sims » The Simulators » Fleet Battle Simulation (Should be just like riding a bike...)
Fleet Battle Simulation
John04Date: Thursday, 13-Jan-2011, 7:32 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Users
It's been a while since I did any fleet battling and I've never really dealt with the honor system so I was hoping someone could work with me a bit. I was thinking maybe fifteen ships per fleet in deep space if anyone's cool with that.

Here's my fleet:
1x Mon Mothma Interdictor Star Destroyer "Bail Organa"
1x Mediator Battle Cruiser "Harbinger"
1x Viscount Star Defender "Sarpentia"
1x Galactic Battle Carrier "Dodonna"
1x Rejuvenator Star Destroyer "Champion"
1x Prometheus Fleet Carrier "Galuf-Val"
1x Nebula Star Destroyer "Qui-Gonn Jinn"
3x Majestic Heavy Cruisers "Iron Cross" "Bronzium Shield" "Ra Cailum"
2x MC80B Star Cruisers "Sea Legacy" "Cilghal"
3x DP50 Gunships "Flitnat" "Womp Rat" "Seeker"

That should be fifteen ships and I have 80 fighter squadrons that will be revealed during the battle. Whoever wishes to battle with me may go first.

Added (10-Jan-2011, 10:57 PM)
---------------------------------------------
-tag somebody-

Added (13-Jan-2011, 7:32 Am)
-Seriously, tag!-

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Message edited by John04 - Tuesday, 11-Jan-2011, 8:18 AM

KaelDate: Tuesday, 18-Jan-2011, 3:22 PM | Message # 2
Big Three Member
Group: Administrators
Sorry John,

I had thought someone had responded. I'll post my fleet today and we can start. I'll do 15 ships from the black market and their fighters.

KaelDate: Tuesday, 18-Jan-2011, 3:38 PM | Message # 3
Big Three Member
Here is my fleet. Have some fun

2 x Bulwark Battlecruisers
2 x Dauntless Heavy Cruisers
2 x Wraith Carriers
2 x Harrier Cruisers
2 x Aurora Star Destroyers
2 x Imperial Star Destroyers Mk II
2 x Bakuran Star Destroyers
1 x SFS-418 Interdictor Crusier

100 Squadrons

John04Date: Tuesday, 18-Jan-2011, 3:57 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
(Thank you Cory! And as I said in my first post, you may go first. It's been when a while since I battled and I never really paid too close attention to honor system so I'd like a master start this little dance. lol)

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

KaelDate: Tuesday, 18-Jan-2011, 6:09 PM | Message # 5
Big Three Member
Rayd knew that it was risky to attempt to claim such a prize, but the Galactic Republic had left it so under-defended that to not try was just cowardly. So Rayd, leader of the Ravagers had assembled all his ships together for an attack.

While his fleet was only 15 ships, those ships were mostly heavy cruisers and destroyers… force more than able to take their prize from the alliance. Rayd looked again at the target again and grinned. It would make a great flagship.

He had found out about the ship from a logistics officer who owed the Ravagers more money than he could pay. Instead of taking his family as slaves, Rayd gave him the option of working off his debt and saving his family. So it had been that only a few weeks later, the poor officer had sent him the information on shipyard 826-Omega. It had a more common name, but Rayd didn’t really care. What he did care about was that it house one of the few operational, but decommissioned Lucrehulk Battleships. Reports that were passed to him indicated that the weapons, shield, engines and navigational systems were operational, and they had a good amount of old fighters still on it.

Nothing had happened in this sector for almost 10 years, so the defenses were minimal. So now was the time to strike and Rayd jumped at it. As the seconds ticked by, he waited on the bridge of his command ship, ready for the reversion to realspace.

As the counter hit zero, the fleet dropped out of hyperspace on top of the shipyard. Immediately, the Interdictor “Gravity” powered up her gravity wells, spreading a field around the shipyards where no ship could go to lightspeed and every ship coming inbound would be stopped at the far edge of the system and out of range. Then the Bulwarks and the Dauntless’ began to more to the lucrehulk and ships began to leave the hangars of the Ravagers as starfighters moved to soften up the defenses. The older Star Destroyers (aurora and ISD) move to secure an outbound vector and discourage anyone from following them. All around the fleet, more squadrons of starfighters arrived. Rayd looked at the battle arrangement. As indicated, there were no defense ships over the size of a picket. He smiled as they began to jam all communications in the area. By the time the Alliance knew what was going on, it would be too late.

{OOC – I made your ships not there, so you have to arrive, but a gravity well is up. Have fun}

John04Date: Sunday, 23-Jan-2011, 12:24 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
{OOC: Thanks for the tip. Since you didn't give too many specifics I'll assum everyone is in mid orbit, front side.}

Rear Admiral Csapl'Aro'nuruduo stood on the bridge of his flagship, the Bail Organa, as it and the rest of his fifteen ship-strong task force tunneled through hyperspace. It had only been three days since Alliance Intelligence had reported the discovery of numerous Lucrehulk battleships stranded in an aging shipyard since the Clone Wars. While ancient, those battleships would prove extremely useful to the Galactic Alliance as mobile fighter platforms. Loran had been tasked with determining whether or not the ships were salvageable. If so, he was to outfit them with small skeleton crews to get them functional enough to jump close enough to a shipyard to be towed. That wasn't Loran's main concern. His main concern was what could possibly be at the end of this jump. Intelligence had mentioned to him that their source wasn't secured in Alliance custody and he could possibly have been taken by an opposing force. Loran didn't like that in the slightest bit; his ships and crew were virtually untested and he'd rather not take them into a full-fledged battle.

Several minutes before they were scheduled to exit hyperspace, the deck violently shook and the entire ship exited hyperspace. Loran looked over to one of the ensigns covering the sensor station and said, "Report."

"We exited hyperspace early sir. It seems that there's an interdiction field in place. It extends to encompass a significant portion of the planet's orbit. We are also in position over the front side of the planet and at the edge of the system."

"Admiral. We are detecting several masses near the planet. There is a shipyard in orbit and it seems to be full of large vessels. However, there are a number of ships in orbit surrounding it."

Loran walked over to the other ensign and leaned over her shoulder, "What sort of ships ensign?" She turned to face him and said, "Fifteen. Two vessels are high-tonnage while the rest are various medium-tonnage warships. Based on the scans, I'd say that the two largest ships are probably Bulwark battlecruisers."

"Pirates," Loran quietly cursed, "Captain, what's the status of our fleet?" Captain Cel, the commander of the star destroyer looked over at her commanding officer and said, "Task Group Theta is still in position with us however the rest of the fleet was scattered by the interdiction field. Task Group Gamma is in a similar position as us but in their over on the left side of the planet." Loran sighed and asked, 'Task Group Omicron?" She shook her head, "Same thing, only they're over the planet's southern pole." He nodded his head and said, "Alright, here's the plan. All Task Groups: launch fighters and proceed towards the enemy forces. All fighters are to form up and set up a protective screen in front of the fleet. All other ships take up a frontal assault pattern. Go."

Each fleet began to move forward towards the edge of the planet's natural gravity. As they did the ships began to launch their fighters. The fighters took up defensive positions with the bombers hanging close to the capital ships while the fighters and interceptors took lead. The capital ships, on the other hand, took up the shape of a flat blade, with the heaviest warship making up the point while smaller warships took the edges. However, either the flagship or the weakest vessel took up a position directly behind and below the lead vessel. All vessels began to move slowly towards the planet.

--full data--

{Just so you know the layout}

All ships are in edge of system orbit and moving into Outside of Gravity Well orbit.

Task Force Theta(Front Side): 1x Mediator Battlecruiser, 1x Mon Mothma Interdictor Star Destroyer, 1x Majestic Heavy Cruiser, 2x DP50 Gunships
- 4x X-Zero Squadrons, 5x XJ3 Squadrons, 3x S4 E-Wing Squadrons, 2x K-Wing Squadrons

Task Force Gamma(Left Side): 1x Viscount Star Defender, 1x Rejuvenator Star Destroyer, 2x Majestic Heavy Cruisers, 1x Galactic Battle Carrier
- 7x X-Zero Squadrons, 13x XJ3 Squadrons, 1x S4 E-Wing Squadron, 5x K-Wing Squadrons

Task Force Omicron(Southern Pole): 1x Nebula Star Destroyer, 2x MC80B Star Cruiser, 1x DP50 Gunship, 1x Prometheus Fleet Carrier
- 10x X-Zero Squadrons, 9x S4 E-Wing Squadrons, 18x XJ3 Squadrons, 6x K-Wing Squadrons

Added (23-Jan-2011, 12:24 PM)
-- tag --

Forum » Mission Sims » The Simulators » Fleet Battle Simulation (Should be just like riding a bike...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024