[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Mission Sims » The Simulators » Space Battle Training Sim
Space Battle Training Sim
XenosDate: Friday, 31-Dec-2010, 2:51 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Hey there,

It has been a bit since I've done a space battle, so I was looking to get into some training. This would be a honor system battle with just 5 ships on each side in deep space.

My fleet is as follows:
1 ISD X "Titan"
4 Vic Star X "Torment, Illustrious, Specter, Strife"

I have 14 Squad of fighters which will be revealed in the battle.

Do I have any takers? Please post your fleet.

Show me your weakness so that I may exploit it

KaelDate: Friday, 07-Jan-2011, 9:55 AM | Message # 2
Big Three Member
Group: Administrators
I was going to let someone else, but since the site is slow, I'll go ahead and engage you in mortial combat (starts the music). I'll be the defender, you can be aggressor.

4 x Mon Cal MC-80 Heavy Cruisers "Valorous, Ghelshelm, Prestigious, Admonisher" (32 Squadrons), 1 x Wraith Carriers "Soul Reaper" (15 Squadrons)

Captain Moore stood on the bridge of the Valorous, watching as the streaks of stars went by, indicating that they were still in hyperspace. A tip given to them from one of their agents indicated that an Imperial fleet would be at those coordinates shortly. Though there hadn't been a major conflict in a period of time, they were still at war. To Moore, any time to attack the Imps was a good time. So he had volunteered to ambush the fleet and either capture the ships or destroy them.

As the timer counted down to zero, the fleet under his command, four Mon Cal Heavy Cruisers and a Wraith Class Carrier dropped out of hyperspace in a square formation with the carrier in the middle and a heavy cruiser as each corner. Moore waited a few intense seconds before the sensors officer called out that the skies were clear.

Good, thought Moore.

"Launch all fighters and Bomber and form them up just out of range of our weaponry. As soon as the fleet arrives, send them on their bombing runs with the fighters acting as a defensive screen. Pull the interceptors back at that time to harrass any bombers sent from the Imperials."

The crews responded to his orders and soon, from every ship, Moore could see squadrons of fighters and bombers leaving their homeships, heading away from the fleet. They were stationed just out of range of the turbolasers in 4 groups at a point between two heavy cruisers.

The trap was now set. Time to kill some Imps.

{Tag Xenos}

XenosDate: Saturday, 15-Jan-2011, 9:09 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Group: Users
Dropping out of hyperspace was the Imperial Fleet under the Command of Commodore Xenos. Immediately, the sensors picked up the Rebel Fleet.

"Sir, we are picking up Rebel ships. Arrayed for battle. Confirm 4 MC80s and one pocket carrier. Multiple starfighter contacts as well."

That would have normally made Xenos worry, but this Chiss was not one to worry. One reason was that he always planned for any occasion. Second, the Imp fleet didn't come out of hyperspace where it was supposed to.

The had arrived 2 seconds early, coming out at the edge of firing range to where their original arrival point was at. And they were arrayed for battle as well. The Fighters were mostly TIE Defenders and Avengers and they were already dropping out of hyperspace. Behind there were Scimitars Squads and they were heading off toward the nearest Mon Cal Cruiser.

Most of the ships were out of range of the Imperial fleet, meaning that the Imperial fleet was mostly out of range of the Rebels. They were, however in range of the Prestigious. Without warning, they opened fire on the Mon Cal Cruiser and elements of the starfighters based around it.

"Shields up, double front until their fighters get around us. Continue to pound them, concentrate on the bridge of the Mon Cal cruiser, use the starfighters to intercept the fighters on either side of the Prestigious. Hold back the bombers for now. Have them stand off and get target locks with their torpedoes and try to burn down their fighters that way."

The officers relayed their information to the other ships. The Vic X's opened up on the Mon Cal with their weaponry adding to the Indomitable. The bridge were their targets, but if it rotated on it's axis, then it would target their engines.

Show me your weakness so that I may exploit it

Forum » Mission Sims » The Simulators » Space Battle Training Sim
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024