Friday, 19-Apr-2024, 4:31 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Star Wars : Conflicts
Main
Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Out of Character » Sim Idea Thread » GA Battle Sim (Everyone can win, even when they lose...)
GA Battle Sim
John04Date: Friday, 14-Jan-2011, 3:58 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Users
Here's my thought for a GA-oriented sim...

The Imperials have decided to test the Galactic Alliance's strength and their skill in combat. However, they don't wish to waste Imperial lives to do it. So through a series of intermediaries, they have given the planet Almania a hypervelocity cannon. The Almanians, playing right into the Imperial's hands, decided to use this new weapon to their advantage. Centering their defenses around it, they launched attacks on nearby worlds in order to frighten them into submission. So far it is working since none of the planets are willing to send their already battered forces to take on the battle-hardened Almanian forces and an anti-orbital cannon capable of gutting any ship they send. Elom and Troiken have already capitulated and Quermia is considering it. However, Ord Radama has contacted the Galactic Alliance and is requesting that they interfere and help out...

Basically the GA has to go in and put the Almanians in their place. And they have to be careful about it too, because they don't want to look like they're invading worlds. So they'll have to tread carefully. However, they do need to remove the HV cannon and bring the Almanian fleet to heel. Plus they need to do it without taking too many casualties.

As for rewards, the GA would get to do a modd for a ship. Plus if they play their cards right, they could get Almania as well. However, if the planet's defenders manage to take out at least 3 GA capital ships(w/the HV Cannon), then the IR would get a ship modd as well. This way everybody stands a chance to win something. This wouldn't spark off a war between the GA & IR because the Imps used a few intermediaries to make the transaction so they'd be able to deny any official involvment and the GA won't want to push it too far either.

Who ever would be in charge of commanding the Almanian forces would get to create a Black Market fleet equal to 70KM (Almania would be a Metropolis in the scenario and we'll say that Elom & Troiken-having capitulated-are both industrial). This will allow the GA to bring a full fleet into the vicinity and the battle will still be relatively fair.

And as for the HV Cannon, the GA won't be getting its grubby little mitts on it because either they'll destroy it, or the operators of the weapon will. It'll all depend on how it goes.

The idea is make this battle last for a few weeks, because I'm sure that whoever's commanding the GA forces will need to be creative in order to take down that weapon w/o significant losses. Plus the Almanian's will be wanting to put their newfound power to use so the GA will have to keep them busy, etc.

Questions? Comments?

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

KaelDate: Tuesday, 18-Jan-2011, 3:41 PM | Message # 2
Big Three Member
Group: Administrators
I actually like this idea. I'm going to look at it and see if there are to be any changes, but I think this sim could jump start all GA officers.

John04Date: Wednesday, 19-Jan-2011, 8:47 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Users
{Not entirely sure on what you mean by "I actually like this idea" but whatever biggrin . Here a few more ideas I had not too long ago. I have just reread the Thrawn Trilogy and it got me thinking...}

1: Rendili StarDrive has built a flotilla of 30 of its new Enforcer-class Heavy Cruisers. These warships are everything the Dreadnaughts were not: fast, well-shielded & armed, and have realistic crew requirements. However, before they had the chance to sell them to the highest bidder, somebody managed to steal them. Now the hunt is on for the GA & the IR to locate, capture, and/or destroy every one of the cruisers they can find before the other factions gets their hands on them.
Each faction needs to track down a minimum of three leads successfully before they manage to find the jackpot. There they will have to face either the heavy cruisers, or each other, or possibly even both.
Whoever manages to capture an Enforcer-class intact gets the design & if someone manages to capture over half (16 or up), then they get to R&D a whole new warship (as a reward from Rendili StarDrive for reclaiming the ships).

2: Intelligence has located what they believe to be an old Imperial Intelligence base on the planet Linuri. General Bel Iblis had attacked it during the Thrawn campaign but it seems that he hadn’t managed to take it out completely. The belief is that Thrawn had been using the planet as a secret weapons research facility and managed to develop a new weapons platform that could be installed on virtually any warship. Fortunately he died before it could be completed and the Imperials abandoned the project and the planet in the following months.
Each faction needs to commit both ships and ground forces to the battle. The facility is underground so it must be located and a ground battle HAS to take place. This way we can put Rob's ground battle rules to full use. Management will decide what the tech will be but that can wait until the battle is won.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Forum » Out of Character » Sim Idea Thread » GA Battle Sim (Everyone can win, even when they lose...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024