[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Army Make Up
Army Make Up
Viper7784Date: Sunday, 19-Dec-2010, 2:05 PM | Message # 1
Big Three Member
Group: Users
New General Army Set Up

I have come up with a new regiment break down. Instead of setting the regiment number and break it down from there. I instead set up the smallest unit, which is a squad, and worked my way up to regiment. A regiment is made up of two parts; infantry and armor. Now a regiment can be specialized in one or the other or it can be a mix. For the sake of sanity unless otherwise stated all regiments will be of the mix style so it can be a jack of all trades. In other words have plenty of infantry with armor support to get 80% of the jobs done. I will get into the other two later but I want to break down how the standard mix regiment will be on the site.

Like I stated earlier I started out with the smallest main unit which is a squad (could of broken it down to fire teams but that’s getting even more technical than I want to get). Below is how a squad is broken down along with their equipment.

• 6 Rifleman-Rifle (one designated as a sniper), pistol, knife, 8 grenades
• 1 Communications-Carbine, pistol, knife, comm. gear
• 1 Medic-Carbine, pistol, knife, medical gear
• 2 Engineer/Demo-Carbine, missile launcher/mortar system (16 missiles/motors), knife, specialized explosives
• 2 Heavy Weapons-Repeating Blaster, pistol, knife, 4 grenades

This arrangement gives each squad great flexibility. This closely resembles how real world squads or formed. Each unit is then multiplied by 4 to get up to the next step in the organization. A vehicle/armor squad consists of 2 vehicles and a platoon is 4 vehicles. After that vehicles are the same as infantry when going up the organizational table. Below is the final table of organization for our standard regiment.

• 12 Troops/2 Vehicles = 1 Squad
• 4 Squads = 1 Platoon (48 Troops/4 Vehicles)
• 4 Platoons = 1 Company (192 Troops/16 Vehicles)
• 4 Companies = 1 Battalion (786 Troops/64 Vehicles)
• 4 Battalions = 1 Regiment (3072 Troops/256 Vehicles)

Now I bet the next question on your mind is since the troops are split how bout the vehicles. Well after some thought and if there is no objections from Steve or other management ill let the faction leader decide but regardless the vehicles need to be a mix of most if not all of the vehicles you have listed. Granted some planets terrain makes it impossible to use certain vehicles like mon calamari for example would have to be won using aquatic vehicles so the vehicle portion of the regiment will have only them and maybe some combat air speeders.

Now I did promise earlier to get into the specialized regiments. Infantry regiments for example may have either more regular infantry or have a new specialized class like Assault troopers or something like that. Regardless in these infantry heavy regiments your vehicle support is less. How much less depends on what the regiment’s specialty is and how much of an increase of infantry it is. Now of course if you haven’t guessed it if the regiment is heavy in the vehicle category it is just the opposite as the infantry specialized regiments. A great example of this armor regiment is the Imperials Hell’s Hammer Armor Regiment.

During R and D or if Steve allows more free reign on this you can make more specialized regiments but must be approved by me or Steve. Overall I like this system better because this is more realistic in both real life and more than likely in the Star Wars universe. Now this requires a modification in our infantry style pages but again I think this is better.

Offensive and Defensive Armies
Offensive is based on how many planets you have times 3.
Defensive Armies based on planet economic status.
• 8 regiments Metropolis
• 6 regiments Industrial
• 4 regiments Basic
• 2 regiments Primative

Also I would like to change the rules for limiting the amount of planet to planet weapons if you would let me. Also for transporting the offensive armies an assault ship will be needed. It is my recommendation that a minor r and d be allowed to come up with a ship to transport them. The number of ships will be determined by how many you need to transport the entire army. In other words if you have 30 regiments and your assault ship carries 3 regiments each you will get 10 assault ships. If you don’t like it i welcome anyone to try to come up with a better system.

By the power invested in my torpedos, I now pronounce you DEAD.

Viper7784Date: Wednesday, 22-Dec-2010, 10:14 AM | Message # 2
Big Three Member
during the break i will be coming up with the assault ships for both the empire and alliance and when i come back will have them posted.

RippyDate: Wednesday, 22-Dec-2010, 4:54 PM | Message # 3
Original Site Side Manager
Looks good. I will be going through and splitting the army into units and such soon.

Appreciate your work, Rob!

Sadly enough, they just keep dying...
--
My characters!

Viper7784Date: Thursday, 23-Dec-2010, 1:14 PM | Message # 4
Big Three Member
Well thats fine matt and should be one but, what i really meant is look at the troop types under the GA Ground Specs and choose specify the exact Rifle (like the A280 which was the Rebel and NR standard for years. I think we could say that the company has come up with an upgraded version called the A290 or something just so we know the specfics about the rifle). Also this allows more of a stream line with out having 20 different types of troops right now since we are starting over.

Viper7784Date: Thursday, 30-Dec-2010, 9:52 AM | Message # 5
Big Three Member
Vanguard-Class Troop Transport
Length : 1,300 Meters
Crew : 4,000
Troops : 5 Regiments
Hull : 3,000 RU
Shields : 7,000 SBD
Speed : 18 MGLT
Hangar : None
Equipment : x1 Hyperdrive
Weapons : 20 Turbolaser Batteries, 52 Quad Laser Cannons
Description: During the vong war the main focus was always the navy engagements but where the casualties really mounted was during ground operations. During the landings and the battles afterword was absolutely devastating. One of the most successful ground operations was when the empire joined the alliance and they used an old victory to land the troops. This way the troops had a major base of operations and provided enough support during the drop where casualties were low. Now both groups were looking for a new troop transport. A call went out to all major manufacturing firms. Rendili Engineering, the devoplers of the victory sds and dreadnaught heavy cruisers, bought the rights to the Venator SD and modified it to be a troop transport. Keeping the planetary drive they eliminated the fighter bays, high automation, and increasing the length they were able put 5 regiments with all their vehicals. The set up is like a T. Two regiments are prepaired to leave the ship by the two ramps on either side of the ship with the rest prepaired to fallow going either direction depending on where they are needed. With these advancements Rendili won not only one contract but BOTH contracts for both armies. Both groups use the ship to transport entire brigades during ground operations and are modified for specialized units like the Imperial Crimson Guards and Hell’s Hammers.

Crimson Guard/Hell’s Hammers Modified Vanguard
Length : 1,300 Meters
Crew : 4,000
Troops : Special Elite Unit
Hull : 3,000 RU
Shields : 7,000 SBD
Speed : 18 MGLT
Hangar : 6 Squadrons
Equipment : x1 Hyperdrive
Weapons : 20 Turbolaser Batteries, 52 Quad Laser Cannons, 12 Concussion Missile Launchers

Viper7784Date: Thursday, 30-Dec-2010, 9:53 AM | Message # 6
Big Three Member
GA Soldier Equipment: Everything are cannon weapons but the number are increased to represent a newer version.

Rifleman:
• 1 A290 Blaster Rifle
• 1 Westar-45 Blaster Pistol
• 1 Vibroknife
• 8 Grenades
• Medium Armor

Sniper:
• 1 SX-465 Heavy Sniper Rifle
• 1 DL-55 Heavy Blaster Pistol
• 1 Vibroknife
• 4 Grenades
• Light Armor

Communications:
• 1 ARC II Blaster Carbine
• 1 Vibro Knife
• 4 Grenades
• Communications Gear
• Medium Armor

Demolitions:
• 1 ARC II Blaster Carbine
• 1 PLX-6M Missile System (6 in the Launcher, 1 set of Reload, 12 Missile Total)
• 1 Vibroknife
• Special Explosive Equipment
• Medium Armor

Support Gunner:
• 1 T-30 Light Repeating Blaster (with generator backpack)
• 1 Weststar-45 Blaster Pistol
• 1 Vibroknife
• 4 Grenades
• Heavy Armor

Marines: The troops found on all navy vessels. Provide security and naval assaults. Can be used as infantry reinforcements on the ground. Some may have special equipment eliminating the grenades or Blaster pistols.
• ARC II Blaster Carbine
• 1 Vibro Knife
• 8 Grenades
• Heavy Armor

RippyDate: Thursday, 30-Dec-2010, 10:26 AM | Message # 7
Original Site Side Manager
Sorry, Rob, I missed your post about looking at the soldier's equipment. Reading over your summary everything seems good, if I need to make any changes I'll mention them.

Like the Vanguard carriers, I'm a fan of the Venator design.

Sadly enough, they just keep dying...
--
My characters!

Viper7784Date: Friday, 31-Dec-2010, 1:49 PM | Message # 8
Big Three Member
Imperial Troops:
Rifleman:
• 1 M-440 Deathsledge Blaster Rifle
• 1 DH-19 Blaster Pistol
• 1 Vibroknife
• 8 Grenades
• Medium Armor

Sniper:
• 1 SX-465 Heavy Sniper Rifle
• 1 T-10 Thunderer II Heavy Blaster Pistol
• 1 Vibroknife
• 4 Grenades
• Light Armor

Communications:
• 1 E-15 Blaster Carbine
• 1 DH-19 Blaster Pistol
• 1 Vibro Knife
• 4 Grenades
• Communications Gear
• Medium Armor

Demolitions:
• 1 E-15 Blaster Carbine
• 1 PLX-6M Missile System (6 in the Launcher, 1 set of Reload, 12 Missile Total)
• 1 Vibroknife
• Special Explosive Equipment
• Medium Armor

Support Gunner:
• 1 DLT-21 Heavy Blaster Rifle
• 1 DH-19 Blaster Pistol
• 1 Vibroknife
• 4 Grenades
• Heavy Armor

Marines: The troops found on all navy vessels. Provide security and naval assaults. Can be used as infantry reinforcements on the ground. Some may have special equipment eliminating the grenades or Blaster pistols.
• ARC II Blaster Carbine
• 1 Vibro Knife
• 8 Grenades
• Heavy Armor

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Army Make Up
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024