Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Mission Sims » Mission Simming » Nexus Pt 1: Ambria
Nexus Pt 1: Ambria
IlanahThanatosDate: Friday, 31-Dec-2010, 6:32 AM | Message # 16
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Kal's followers did as he had told her they would. They kept her safe and were almost nice to her, but only because they had to be. Once back at the ship, one of ten made sure she was safely stored away in her room, even though she wasn't ready to be cooped back up again. She had mostly figured out what the amulet did the second she opened the box and touched the silver and onyx piece. It had been "talking" to her ever since. She was sure that the others couldn't hear it, unless try were just brushing it off and being stone faced and stoic about it. No, it seemed like it was talking to her....and by the time they returned to the ship, its riddles were driving her crazy.

She locked the entire box, plus the first amulet and the journal up in the safe and left her room. Noiselessly, she slipped down the hallway and to the cargo bay and down the open ramp to where there was relatively fresh air. She didn't feel the Dark side as everyone else could, she couldn't feel danger, she could just hear her own thoughts for the moment.

He should have been back, or should be back soon, she thought as she stood just off of the end of he ramp. Slowly he wind picked up and whipped her dark hair and sleek silk skirting as she paced a bit, waiting.

Message edited by IlanahThanatos - Sunday, 02-Jan-2011, 8:01 AM

KalThanatosDate: Saturday, 01-Jan-2011, 3:19 AM | Message # 17
Original Site Manager
The energy that had been released onto the planet once more began to create a massive Force Storm. Lightning crackled from the sky down to the ground with a brilliant blue color to it. The accompanying thunder roared just seconds after the bolt struck the ground. Sheets of rain would quickly begin to engulf most of the side of the planet that the Consular cruiser was landed on. A tall, dark figure would slowly come into view through the pouring rain. The figure had a hooded cloak on. From the viewpoint of the figure, he was able to feel that his Apostles had returned after a successful mission. He was relieved now that he knew they hadn't had any major issues. He was able to see the ramp was still down, and wasn't sure if there would be anyone keeping an eye out for him once the rain had kicked in. He took a look up at the sky as another bolt of lightning came down. He had a feeling that if he would put his mind to it, he would be able to control this storm to a point. As he came up under the cover of the ship, he pulled the hood back, revealing his dry head. Kal quickly headed up the ramp and into the belly of the ship. He stripped the cloak off of his body and tossed it aside. It would have to be dried before he would place it back into his quarters. His senses could pick up everyone on the the ship, including Ilanah. One thing, however, pissed him off to no end. The Apostle that he had given a mission to was still on board the ship. Taral was still on board, even after having been told that there was something he needed to get done. The Dark Lord raised his right hand slowly as he approached the Apostle Taral. The Force quickly came to his aid as he focused on choking the life out of him. If the Apostle wanted to live, he would have to react fast before the Dark Lord was able to get a hold of him. He would scream out at him, "I TOLD YOU....YOU WOULD FACE THE WRATH OF THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH!"

IlanahThanatosDate: Saturday, 01-Jan-2011, 7:17 PM | Message # 18
Lieutenant colonel
Ilanah would have stayed outside and watched the unusual storm start to roll in. She watched until the rain started, which was when she retreated back onto the ship. She wandered for only a moment before she found herself back in her room where she retrieved the journal and her datapad, but left the second amulet locked up. The first was back around her neck and she settled down on the bed, the black silk of her skirting puddled across the bedspread around her, and she opened the journal. There wasn't a whole lot of information in it about the second amulet, except where it was and what it looked like, along with a cryptic little message about prophecy. She really didn't understand it, but she was sure that she would figure it out eventually.

She heard yelling down the corridor and looked up from what she was reading before she carefully closed the journal and started to get to her feet. For a moment, she thought it might be best to find out what was going on, but in the same though, she realized it might not be such a good idea. But he was back, and it was his voice and she was oddly drawn. Ilanah retrained herself and waited for him to come to her. If he was yelling, there was a reason, and she wasn't sure that she was ready to witness what he could and would do to someone he was angry with.

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 03-Jan-2011, 12:22 PM | Message # 19
Original Site Manager
As he had Taral held by the Force, choking him, Kal reached over to his side where his lightsaber hung off his belt. His hand wrapped around the hilt and unclipped it. He brought it up and helt the emitter just inches from Taral's chest. The man started to wiggle around, trying to break the grasp he was under. Seeing this, Kal smiled a little. Within an instant, the saber was ignited sending the blade right through his torso. As soon as he saw the life leave his eyes, Kal dropped the limp body onto the floor. His eyes turned to his other followers, "That is what happens when you defy me...understand?" They all gave him a nod. His sights moved to Jead'en, "You now have his mission. Do not fail me, my apprentice." With a nod, Jead'en quickly turned and left. Kal would turn and head off to Ilanah's room.

IlanahThanatosDate: Monday, 03-Jan-2011, 6:13 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant colonel
She had left the door open slightly when she went in, so that she could hear anything that she might need to. Ilanah had the journal laying open in front of her and the datapad in her lap and stylus in her left hand as she worked on translation. Idly, she tapped the end of the stylus on the datapad between scribblings. She would have preferred to do the translation on paper of course, but this was as close as she could get.

The commotion down the hall quieted and she looked up a little before she turned her gaze to the journal again. She looked at the box sitting on the bed and sighed as she opened it. The noise had quieted, but it was still whispering. Instead of focusing on the book and Onderon, she pulled the amulet out of the box and looked at the markings, which were matching up with ones in the journal.

Ilanah heard him before she saw him, his footsteps would echo down the empty corridor. "I'm assuming it went well...based on the storm outside." She said before she even saw him, but once his figure was in her peripheral vision, she would look up and offer him no more than a slight smile.

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 03-Jan-2011, 6:45 PM | Message # 21
Original Site Manager
He walked into the doorway, looking into the room, seeing her studying the journal. Before he could say anything, she spoke as if she knew that he was there. He nodded, to her as she looked up at him with a slight smile, "Everything went well. It is time to move onto the next planet, Onderon...more exactly, it's moon Dxun. It is the location of Freedon Nadd's Tomb. Many have been there, and it is Sith legend that there is a powerful Force Nexus that lies within the Tomb. The legends also state that there are artifacts that he left behind that were hidden within his Tomb. If we can find those items, they will empower us even more..." He paused for a quick second, "Have you found out anything more from the Journal?"

IlanahThanatosDate: Monday, 03-Jan-2011, 7:12 PM | Message # 22
Lieutenant colonel
Ilanah nodded a little as she looked at the journal, then laid the datapad with her translation next to it. "Only a little. I haven't been concentrating on it, honestly." She said as she toyed with the second amulet that was in her hand. "It shouldn't take much longer, I imagine."

"I do need your help with something when we're on our way to Onderon....when you're done with whatever you have to do and aren't busy. It's just a....just a little thing. Please?" She asked politely at least. Ilanah laid the amulet on the top of the box it had come in and she picked up the journal again.

Suddenly something he said hit her. "Us? Right. You and your...well...people." Ilanah paused. "They did well today. Especially Jaed'en."

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 03-Jan-2011, 7:59 PM | Message # 23
Original Site Manager
He gave. Her a nod after she had finished. He hadn't expected any less from his Apostles. He would then respond to her, "I've got time now. Everyone is doing their jobs, and I was coming to talk to you. Go ahead, what did you need help with?"

At the same time, Jead'en would have boarded the remaining A-wing and speed off the planet for his mission. Yeall would have been the next in charge after Jead'en. He would take the pilots chair and begin punching in their coordinates. It would be a matter of minutes before they would take off from Ambria, destined for Dxun.

IlanahThanatosDate: Monday, 03-Jan-2011, 8:08 PM | Message # 24
Lieutenant colonel
She would get herself to her feet and pick the amulet up and hold it in her hand. "Tell me why this thing will not stop talking to me." Ilanah dropped it in his hand and then smoothed her palms over her silk corset. "It hasn't stopped since I opened it and touched the thing on Ambria." She murmured as she watched him.

"It speaks in riddles...." She also mentioned before she paced the room. "What else did you want to talk to me about?"

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 03-Jan-2011, 8:22 PM | Message # 25
Original Site Manager
He had the amulet dropped in his hand. She bhad told him that she heard it speaking to her. He helt it, listening to see if he could hear it. He shook his head, "I don't hear a thing coming from it. It may have a bond with you. That could be the reson why you can hear it. Objects that are embodied by the Force usually connect to someone that is also embodied..." he was hinting to the fact that she could possibly be Force-sensitive, just like her father had been.

IlanahThanatosDate: Monday, 03-Jan-2011, 8:29 PM | Message # 26
Lieutenant colonel
Ilanah narrowed her eyes a little as she listened to him speak, and then she sighed softly. "Maybe, but doubtful...." She wouldn't believe it, not for a minute, but that didn't mean that it wasn't true. "Either way, it's driving me crazy...." Ilanah murmured as she looked down at the amulet in his hand and trailed her finger over some of the markings.

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 03-Jan-2011, 8:37 PM | Message # 27
Original Site Manager
He knew what it was like to not want something. He looked at her then to the amulet, "Ill hold onto it until we get to Dxun. That should give you a bit of a break from it. Any objections?" He wanted to make sure that she was on her toes for the moon of Onderon. It would prove to be even harder than Ambria. The Dark Side had been there for thousands upon thousands of years. It would not just allow them to enter the tomb freely. There would be tests and trials they would need to go through first.

He would look up at her from the amulet, waiting for her response.

IlanahThanatosDate: Monday, 03-Jan-2011, 8:49 PM | Message # 28
Lieutenant colonel
"It doesn't matter. I can't hear it when its locked in the safe anyway." Ilanah smiled a little. The riddles were slowly becoming clearer in her mind, but that hadn't stopped her from making sure they were all written down so she could figure them out.

"So do you want to tell me what you know Dxun? And maybe we can piece some more of this together?" She sighed and hesitated before she moved away from him and picked the journal up again.

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 04-Jan-2011, 9:29 PM | Message # 29
Original Site Manager
He believed it would be best to lock up the second amulet until they had finished their trip to Dxun. He gave her a small nod, "Let's go ahead and put the amulet up for now. As far as what I know of Dxun, I know it was once the battle ground for the Sith. It also provided the Mandalorians a hiding place. There are numerous species of creatures that reside there, and the tomb as well. That's about all I know of it. I'm sure I could find more if I researched it further."

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 04-Jan-2011, 10:20 PM | Message # 30
Lieutenant colonel
Ilanah would hand him the journal and take the amulet. Carefully, she wrapped it back in the crimson silk and put it in its box before she slid the box into the safe. Once the safe was closed and the lock clicked, there was almost a visible look of relief that crossed her features. It had been repeating itself for hours. The words were copied in her left slanted scrolly handwriting on the datapad screen, just waiting to be figured out. That was a project for later. When she would have hours in hyperspace to deal with it. And, she wasn't ready for Kal to know just yet, not until she knew more.

"Do you believe in destiny?" She asked as she stood in front of him and looked at the journal she just handed him. Her gaze was on the parchment and the fading ink. Carefully, she turned the pages until she found a symbol for Dxun. On the next page would be what looked like a map with writing, almost like instructions.

She sighed and looked at the symbols upside down for several moments before she moved over to his side so that she could see them right side up. "That should get you through. Do you want me to write it down in Basic for you?" Ilanah asked, as she wasn't sure if he was taking her with him or not.

Forum » Mission Sims » Mission Simming » Nexus Pt 1: Ambria
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024