Monday, 18-Mar-2024, 11:43 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Star Wars : Conflicts
Main
Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » TESTING! (Seen people come on...)
TESTING!
Kaylie_WintersDate: Tuesday, 30-Jul-2013, 5:58 AM | Message # 16
Private
Group: Users
Ok seeing how this stupid thing won't let me log in under Ilanah's account on my iPad for some reason.....grrrr. 

One thing I've seen work well at a comm was to limit the number of planets people could be on to rp. That ways they aren't spread all willy nilly across the galaxy where no one can rp with them.

John015Date: Tuesday, 30-Jul-2013, 6:54 AM | Message # 17
Private
Interesting....maybe have it so that only 10 people can rp on a planet at a time. We can always wave the limit for site-wide missions and then raise the limit if the site takes off.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Kaylie_WintersDate: Tuesday, 30-Jul-2013, 4:46 PM | Message # 18
Private
Not the number of people, the number of planets. That way characters are more clustered together and able to rp together without having to travel from one end of the galaxy to the other.

John015Date: Tuesday, 30-Jul-2013, 6:36 PM | Message # 19
Private
Yeah, I read that wrong initially. The way you explained it makes way more sense. It does seem to fly in the face of traditional Conflicts rping, which has always been more freestyle, but that might not be a bad thing. I'll mull that idea over for a few days...

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Tuesday, 30-Jul-2013, 8:35 PM | Message # 20
Private
I can't get my Ilanah account to come up on my ipad....just the stupid Kaylie one.  sad

Change is good!  Change is very, very good!  smile

John015Date: Sunday, 04-Aug-2013, 10:42 PM | Message # 21
Private
Ok, this took a bit more thinking than I thought but I think I've got an idea to make it work. Here it is.

In order to try and satisfy a wide variety of player styles and types, Legacy of Conflicts will feature two major roleplaying boards: Galaxy and Personal.

Galaxy Boards: The traditional Conflicts roleplaying format based around more or less a do whatever you wish approach(provided it is allowed). In these boards you can do whatever you want (within reason) and go where ever you wish. Factions and fleets will make up much of this setup. Sims will tend to be large in scale and have larger impacts.

Personal: A new addition to the Conflicts roleplaying experience. Here you will still be able to do more stuff but will be confined to a dozen worlds to travel to and rp on. Six of these will be permament but the other six will change every now and again to ensure diversity. Rping will mostly be done by independants as well as Jedi and Sith. Sims will be smaller in scale but more intense.It is possible to move your character(s) between the boards but you can't have them in both at the same time. For example, a Jedi character can't be rping in a sim hunting down Sith in the Personal boards while he's participating in a fleet battle in the Galaxy boards. The only exeption to this rule would be during a Site Wide Sim where all members will be able to participate equally.

Static Planets: Coruscant, Bastion, Corellia, Ossus, Korriban, Nar Shaddaa

Questions, opinions? Merk? Ilanah/Kaylie?

Message edited by John015 - Sunday, 04-Aug-2013, 10:43 PM

Kaylie_WintersDate: Monday, 05-Aug-2013, 10:29 PM | Message # 22
Private
Sounds fine to me.

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Monday, 05-Aug-2013, 10:38 PM | Message # 23
Private
Bwahaha! I triumph over the iPad. 

Anywho....it sounds like a good plan to me. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I have no idea what my Skype name is, but my messenger address is aeroforc1@hotmail.com. I think you can add that on Skype....I think.....

John015Date: Tuesday, 06-Aug-2013, 6:48 AM | Message # 24
Private
Actually, there is something you can do. Could you draft up some sims for Jedi, Sith, and Independents. They are the ones I'm having trouble with creating a number of them. For the independents, through in some some ones for smugglers, maybe some for bounty hunters, and whatever else you can think of. Thanks.

And congratulations on conquering those apple bastards... smile

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 11-Aug-2013, 3:24 AM | Message # 25
Original Site member
I think we should narrow it down even more then that.... that is still five factions.  We should start off Imperial and Republic.  allow jedi on ither side, but not make it it's own faction at first.  

We should have an over-arching plotline that does involve npc's and such.  Independents can be used as well, like smugglers and bounty hunters, but we would open that alittle later.  We need players... So we need to have interaction between the players we are going to get, or it will fall apart.

John015Date: Sunday, 11-Aug-2013, 6:51 AM | Message # 26
Private
I actually do have an idea for an over-arching plotline that factors in everybody. The whole premise at the start is that a portion of the evil Abeloth has managed to retain its form. While this remnant is no where near as powerful as the actual Abeloth, it is still formidable enough to cause some serious trouble. Each faction would get a sim, that by the end of it, they would have clues that indicate that Abeloth is behind. And the sims they'd be playing aren't willy-nilly either. Some would be faction-specific, but most are site-wide ones, calling for multiple people to participate. One actually involves a direct confrontation between the Jedi and the Sith over an ancient Force weapon. This whole sim could easily take a month or two to complete, and hopefully by then, we'll have plenty of memebers so we can open up more sims. How does that idea sound?

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 02-Sep-2013, 6:29 PM | Message # 27
Original Site member
I like that idea.  Do we have a site in mind?

John015Date: Monday, 02-Sep-2013, 9:04 PM | Message # 28
Private
Actually, I have started on one. I've been pretty busy converting all my ITunes stuff into Android-friendly formats (ghastly amount of stuff) so I haven't gotten too far on it. However here is the site address for you: 

Star Wars Legacy of Conflicts

And actually I did some thinking about the sim I suggested...it could actually take six months if we wanted.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Wednesday, 04-Sep-2013, 10:43 AM | Message # 29
Original Site member
Alright, awesome.  I just went and checked it out and signed it up.

Ya, the sim could take as long/short as needed.  I could go with that.  What time frame did you have in mind?  How far past the Battle of Endor?

John015Date: Wednesday, 04-Sep-2013, 11:39 AM | Message # 30
Private
Still thought we were going with 50 ABY.

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » TESTING! (Seen people come on...)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024