Welcome Guest | RSS
Star Wars : Conflicts
Main
Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » TESTING! (Seen people come on...)
TESTING!
Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 13-May-2013, 3:09 AM | Message # 1
Original Site member
Group: Users
Hey, I noticed there has been some activity in the log in's.  Even a new member....

so, Hello.  Just wondering if anyone wants to try and raise this from the dead or not.

John015Date: Thursday, 23-May-2013, 11:53 PM | Message # 2
Private
I'm back. Interested in making this go again but not on this site. Feel the need to start fresh.

Added (23-May-2013, 11:53 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I was looking at invision free. It seems to have a nice, simple layout and could be quick to learn.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Friday, 07-Jun-2013, 11:38 PM | Message # 3
Original Site member
Well, I am open to suggestions.  I attempted to try and recreate it using a Freeform site called RPOL.net.  However, while I did have a large surge, the battles bogged down. RP was great, but the stratagy and such tanked.

John015Date: Saturday, 08-Jun-2013, 6:59 PM | Message # 4
Private
Yeah that can happen. I saw your site but I had trouble navigating it. Invision Free however seems to be similar in layout to this site so it shouldn't be too hard to keep everything seperated. I'm trying to whip up some starting sims that could help spur people into joining. Probably send some messages out to others after we get it going. Just trying to lay some groundwork so when the site is fired up, it is ready to go.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 09-Jun-2013, 1:23 PM | Message # 5
Original Site member
Well, it is a bit wonky at first.  More threads that are made, the harder it gets to find older things, due to them falling back some pages.  I would like to keep trying this, because I liked it though I barly got to try it myself.  

Let me know when you got something up, or if you need some help recruiting.  Just need a website.

John015Date: Monday, 10-Jun-2013, 10:40 PM | Message # 6
Private
Here's an idea for an opener. It will also give an idea of the timeline I'm thinking of...

Star Wars: Legacy of Conflicts
The year...is 50 ABY. It has been twenty-five years since the end of the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion. During that time, a great deal has happened. Jacen Solo fell to the dark side and helped perpetuate the Second Galactic Civil War, which resulted in the galaxy being roughly divided between three major powers: the Galactic Alliance, the Corellian-led Confederation, and the Imperial Remnant. In 44 ABY, due to the tamperings of Darth Caedus(aka Jacen Solo), a dark side entity known as Abeloth escaped from her ancient prison and unleashed chaos upon the galaxy. Six years have passed since the Sith and the Jedi temporarily united to stop her. Much has changed...
Jagged Fel, who for a few years served as Head of State,  has stepped down from leadership of the Imperial Remnant and the current chief of state of the Galactic Alliance has done the same, leaving voids in the galactic governments. The Confederation has established itself as a galactic power and is ready to defend its independent spirit. The Jedi Order, blamed for Abeloth’s destructive rampage, has been exiled from Coruscant and have turned to the ancient world of Ossus to rebuild their image. The Sith, battered by the powers of Abeloth, have returned to Korriban to rebuild their order and plot their next move. The unaligned systems are in complete disarray due to the massive slave uprisings across the galaxy, causing minor wars and disagreements that could become wars. You have a choice. Will you lead troops and ships into battle, or pick up a lightsaber and fight for good or evil. Or are you the fiercely independent type and wish to go the way of the smuggler or pirate. No matter what, the choice is yours. What mark will you leave on the galaxy? What, dare I ask, will be your legacy?

Merkillum_VeersDate: Tuesday, 25-Jun-2013, 3:43 AM | Message # 7
Original Site member
It is interesting.  Grand scale, a not so well known era of history, were we could go our own way.  It could work.

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Wednesday, 10-Jul-2013, 5:11 PM | Message # 8
Private
Wow....

John015Date: Thursday, 11-Jul-2013, 7:59 AM | Message # 9
Private
Was that a good wow or a bad wow?

Merkillum_VeersDate: Friday, 12-Jul-2013, 4:48 AM | Message # 10
Original Site member
don't know

John015Date: Wednesday, 24-Jul-2013, 10:25 AM | Message # 11
Private
I'm tryingvto come up with a system for dealing with thte independents. A problem that always came up on the previous Conflicts sites is that they were very much faction-oriented, but lacked incentive to be an independent force. I'd like to change that this time. Ideas?

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Sunday, 28-Jul-2013, 4:52 PM | Message # 12
Private
It was a good wow.  I mean...I accidentally clicked on the bookmark I had for this site and there were new posts.  Didn't expect it.

John015Date: Monday, 29-Jul-2013, 7:03 AM | Message # 13
Private
That's good I'm glad to hear it. So do you have any suggestions?

Ilanah_ThanatosDate: Monday, 29-Jul-2013, 9:34 PM | Message # 14
Private
Only one, at the moment. 

Simplify.  I know that some folks like the grand plans and all...but too many boards and separate factions can make it confusing for someone new.  not only that, it spreads the rpers out so that only one or two folks rp with each other constantly.  Does that make sense?

John015Date: Tuesday, 30-Jul-2013, 0:14 AM | Message # 15
Private
It does make sense, and makes an excellent point. We'll probably start with just the GA, IR, NJO, Sith, and Independents being available to rp in, with the Confederation acting as sort of an npc faction for progressing storylines and the like. As more people join and become more active, then we can open up factions like the Confederation up to active roleplaying.

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » TESTING! (Seen people come on...)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024