Tuesday, 19-Mar-2024, 5:14 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Star Wars : Conflicts
Main
Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » One more Question....
One more Question....
Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 05-Mar-2011, 2:55 PM | Message # 1
Original Site member
Group: Users
Alright, this is a question I have. Its more of a discussion then question, because it is something that had come up in the SW story before....

Planets, Population and Military? More paticularly, things like crew needed for ships and the like?

Example of how this came into play story wise is the Katana Fleet. Even with the Old Republic, with some thousands of star systems and trillions of people, trying to get a fleet of 200 Dread cruisers was not an easy task, seeing as it required a crew of 3.2 million people. That was hard to field, and why they used slave circuts and still it needed a crew of 440 thousand.

So, is there any way that such things as that will come into play? I know we arn't going down to what planet produces what raw materials, and thats why there is a KM assigned to each planet class. But population in terms of Ship crews, and more importantly military ground units, will they have a place, or would that be too detailed and number crunching?

John04Date: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 0:01 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
This was brought up on msn. The decision was that it would be far too difficult to manage it that way.

As for military ground units. I believe the rules for how many troops a faction can have at any one time is under the OOC thread "Army Make up". It's on page two.

To that end, I'm recommending that we expand the R&D session to include a troop transport for each faction. It is highly unlikely that both factions would use the same kind of troop transport so I think we should get to R&D one without it affecting our points.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 6:37 AM | Message # 3
Original Site member
Hmmm, alright. I thought as much, but figured it was worth bringing up.

So question about Droid units then, would they not count torwards my military numbers given under army makeup? Otherwise there would be no benefit to using inferior troops, other then story purposes. I think while not having an actual impact, there should be some consiquence for a player other then loss of ships if he losses a battle where 1.2 million people died....

Anyhow, thats all I wanted to know smile I agree, there should be some form of transport for us, but in Truth, I was planning on using ships such as the Lucrehulk battleship core, and acclimator star destroyers to land my troops. At least some of the time. But a designated transport wouldn't be a bad addition smile

KalThanatosDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 12:34 PM | Message # 4
Original Site Manager
R&D Transport sounds good John

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 1:23 PM | Message # 5
Original Site member
Ok, we are talking about a Troop Transport for space, right? Not Landing craft, for brining troops from the ships down to the planets?

KalThanatosDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 2:14 PM | Message # 6
Original Site Manager
My knowledge is that they are a landing craft, mainly dropships, that deploy from the Cap Ship down to the planet to begin their takeover of the planet.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 2:37 PM | Message # 7
Original Site member
Alright... so like Sentinal Landing Craft, or the Theta Class -ATAT barges and the like...

KalThanatosDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 2:42 PM | Message # 8
Original Site Manager
Basically. It is anything that drops the troops off on the planet

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 2:46 PM | Message # 9
Original Site member
Hmmm, alright. I got an idea for one.... its more like a capitol ship, though....

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » One more Question....
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024