Group: Users
Starfighter Weapons:
Laser Cannon: 1 UOD
Heavy Laser Cannon: 3 UOD
Ion Cannon: 3 UOD
Concussion Missile: 4 UOD
Proton Torpedo: 6 UOD
Heavy Bomb: 100 UOD

Capital Weapons: To calculate damage for Dual, Quad, or Battery weapons you take the damage and multiply by 2, 4, or 8 respectively.
Laser Cannon: 5 UOD
Heavy Laser Cannon: 8 UOD
Light Turbolaser Cannon: 10 UOD
Turbolaser Cannon: 13 UOD
Heavy Turbolaser Cannon: 20 UOD
Ion Cannon: 13 UOD
Heavy Ion Cannon: 20 UOD
Concussion Missile: 10 UOD
Proton Torpedo: 25 UOD
Diamond Boron Missile: 30 UOD (armor piercing, armor plated missile, used in limited numbers, blast radius: 5 meters)

Planetary Weapons:
Planetary Ion Cannon: 8000 UOD
Planetary Turbolaser Cannon: 8000 UOD
Heavy Planetary Turbolaser Cannon: 14,000 UOD

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Friday, 04-Mar-2011, 12:27 PM | Message # 2
Original Site member
Will there be something on the ground level? Ground based weaponry?

John04Date: Friday, 04-Mar-2011, 6:30 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
I'll get to work on that. Give me a couple hours...

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Friday, 04-Mar-2011, 8:25 PM | Message # 4
Original Site member
alright, no rush. Was just curious thats all smile

John04Date: Friday, 04-Mar-2011, 9:26 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Here's what I think we could have for damage caused by ground weapons. I put that it only affects starfighters and ground based units because I have never read about a full-blown warship being brought down by weapons designed for fighting on the ground. Typically it would be considered a waste of ordinace and the job is left to the anti-orbital guns. Any opinions or possible alterations please let me know.

Ground Weapons: Affects only ground troops, ground vehicles, and starfighters
Blaster Cannon: 1 UOD
Heavy Blaster Cannon: 3 UOD
Heavy Laser Cannon: 7 UOD
Proton Torpedo: 15 UOD
Flak: 25 UOD (proximity damage to aircraft)
Golan Arms M102 Fire Arc Artillery: 25 UOD
Speizoc v-188 Penetrator: 10 UOD
Speizoc C-136: 50 UOD
CoMar G-003 Tri-Tracker: 25 UOD (aircraft/starfighters only)
DF.9 Anti-Infantry Battery: 5 UOD
Atgar 1.4 FD P Tower: 7 UOD

KalThanatosDate: Friday, 04-Mar-2011, 10:24 PM | Message # 6
Original Site Manager
I'm so glad to see that this is back!

John04Date: Friday, 04-Mar-2011, 10:36 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Yes it is good to have it back. Any opinions or ideas for it?

Smooth-eyeDate: Friday, 04-Mar-2011, 10:43 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant
finally, it has returned

"No, no officer...Trust me, why would I smuggle something illegal into your fine juristiction. Can't we come to some agreement?"

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 05-Mar-2011, 1:05 AM | Message # 9
Original Site member
Well, there are some exceptions, such as like in Episode 2, where the blast artillary is bringing down the Central Cores of the TF Battleships, or missles are taking down the Techno Union ships by striking the gas tanks as it were. But there is allot of speculation over how that was possible.

most people say that it was due to the ships not having their shields, and that it took a while before being brought down. So its up to the group I guess for case by case scenarios like that.

John04Date: Saturday, 05-Mar-2011, 8:13 AM | Message # 10
Colonel
An excellent point. I had forgotten about that. But I agree that should be a case by case situation.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 05-Mar-2011, 9:53 AM | Message # 11
Original Site member
Well, I am just speaking, due to I plan on having a few Battleships. Fuckers are huge though.... well, in comparison to other ships anyway. And that have ALLOT of troops..... shields and hull strength. Decent Firepower as well....
Droid Control Ships had 42 Quad Turbolaser Batteries.... so thats about 1344 Turbolasers...... Still not as much as a ISDMK 2, but then thats where its ungodly amount of fighters come in.....
60 various TIEs vs... 1500 vultures.... thats a 25 to 1 ratio....

Also, it was asked on something I found.. what would win..

an Imp star destroyer, or a Trade Federation Battleship?

Message edited by Merkillum_Veers - Saturday, 05-Mar-2011, 9:54 AM

John04Date: Saturday, 05-Mar-2011, 10:58 AM | Message # 12
Colonel
Please cut back on the swearing.

An interesting question...

If we were talking hard numbers, then it would the Trade Federation battleship. What it lacks in firepower it makes up for in its fighters, which the ISD has little defense against.

But I would have to say the ISD. Living pilots tend to be far better and droid fighters don't tend to be very clever with their tactics, which would allow the TIE's to lure the fighters into specific firing lanes that the star destroyer would fire into and vaporize whole swarms. Plus, the ImpStar Duece is far more maneuverable, allowing it to literally fly circles around the battleship and wear its defenses down.

Don't think just because we have a damage chart now that it'll be all strait numbers. If that were the case, then there'd be no fun in the whole thing. Various tactics and strategies have always been used in order minimize or maximize damage. So the fight would be far more even, depending on the opposing commanders.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 05-Mar-2011, 12:31 PM | Message # 13
Original Site member
Oh I know. I have some ideas for making droid fighters a bit better.. (though, still humans will always have the edge.). sorry for the cussing. Just a bad habit sometimes.

Well, according to Wookie, it would take a large number of Ven Star Destroyers to take down a Battleship. Also, the sperical design always allows the Battleship to be within firing range, assuming that most of its weapons are equally spread around the sphere. ISD primary weapon batterys are more effective attacking in the fore, with its second most powerful weapon placements being the flanks. Weakest is the aft. I know in game these do not come up, and no matter what 50% is the maximum weapon potental.

I would have to go with the TFBS only due to the size, firepower and numbers. ISD have no real anti fighter defense, unlike allot of clone war era ships that had PDLs, and even with the advantage of a brain, the sky being lit up by so much energy torps and laser fire would make it difficult for humans to keep dodging.

Again, tactics and skill still comes into play though I think the way that Anikin destroied the DCS in Episode 1 was a complete cop out.... one fighter just lands in the bay, fires some torps, and leaves... thats almost as bad as two torps taking out the DS.... again, something I see no way in really happining. Forget the fact that it was a tube staight down.... with no curves, deviations or anything of the like....

But I digress. I didn't make the universe. So, I got no say in how it runs smile

John04Date: Tuesday, 08-Mar-2011, 6:44 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
Here's the final layout for the Damage Chart. I didn't add any of the unique techs.

Starfighter Weapons:
Laser Cannon: 1 UOD
Heavy Laser Cannon: 3 UOD
Ion Cannon: 3 UOD
Concussion Missile: 4 UOD
Proton Torpedo: 6 UOD
Heavy Bomb: 100 UOD

Capital Weapons: To calculate damage for Dual, Quad, or Battery weapons you take the damage and multiply by 2, 4, or 8 respectively.
Heavy Laser Cannon: 8 UOD
Turbolaser Cannon: 13 UOD
Heavy Turbolaser Cannon: 20 UOD
Ion Cannon: 13 UOD
Heavy Ion Cannon: 20 UOD
Proton Torpedo: 25 UOD
Diamond Boron Missile: 30 UOD (armor piercing, armor plated missile, used in limited numbers, blast radius: 5 meters)

Planetary Weapons:
Planetary Ion Cannon: 8000 UOD
Planetary Turbolaser Cannon: 8000 UOD
Heavy Planetary Turbolaser Cannon: 14,000 UOD

Ground Weapons: Affects only ground troops, ground vehicles, and starfighters
Blaster Cannon: 1 UOD
Heavy Blaster Cannon: 3 UOD
Heavy Laser Cannon: 7 UOD
Mass Driver Slug: 20 UOD
Proton Torpedo: 15 UOD
Proton Grenade: 7 UOD
Concussion Grenade: 5 UOD
Proton Mortar: 10 UOD
Flak Pod: 25 UOD (proximity damage to aircraft)
Golan Arms M102 Fire Arc Artillery: 25 UOD
Speizoc v-188 Penetrator: 10 UOD
Speizoc C-136: 50 UOD
CoMar G-003 Tri-Tracker: 25 UOD (aircraft/starfighters only)
DF.9 Anti-Infantry Battery: 5 UOD
Atgar 1.4 FD P Tower: 7 UOD

Merkillum_VeersDate: Tuesday, 08-Mar-2011, 9:08 PM | Message # 15
Original Site member
If I may request Turbolasers for my Trajectory Turbolasers on my walkers, dealing 20 UOD?

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Damage Chart
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024