Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Damage Chart Revival
Damage Chart Revival
John04Date: Thursday, 03-Mar-2011, 5:11 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Users
I've been thinking...maybe it's time that we revived the old damage chart. Don't misunderstand me, the honor system is fun. It is adaptive and tends to produce more detailed posts, but that is usually for more experienced rpers. People who've read the EU books countless times, they'd benefit from the honor system. But people who haven't read the books, not to mention people who are new to the site, they would be more receptive to a damage chart.

However, the more experienced players would be allowed to use honor system if they so choose. It would just be up to the parties involved. If one side wants honor damage and the other wants damage chart, then the tie goes to the least experienced rper.

I keep a copy of the original damage chart system here at home. Let me know if we wish to use it.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Smooth-eyeDate: Thursday, 03-Mar-2011, 6:16 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
that may not be a bad idea, at least may be could offer both systems.

"No, no officer...Trust me, why would I smuggle something illegal into your fine juristiction. Can't we come to some agreement?"

KalThanatosDate: Thursday, 03-Mar-2011, 6:27 PM | Message # 3
Original Site Manager
I, for one, like the damage chart. I never have gotten a chance to read the books, seeing as how I'm not one that likes to read a lot. I would like to give the option to members on which one that they would like to do.

LordZarcaineDate: Thursday, 03-Mar-2011, 8:53 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
I thought that the damage chart was a real help. It adds a bit of number crunching, but nothing too big. I always liked it over a Did I system which often can lead to some favoritism which would lead to problems.

John04Date: Thursday, 03-Mar-2011, 9:01 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Ok then, that's four out of five in favor. Merk mentioned he was going to be unavailable for a while so I'll go a head and post it.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Friday, 04-Mar-2011, 12:26 PM | Message # 6
Original Site member
I like the idea. It gives a gauge of how effective some weapons are against other things. Even for Freeform, having something that has actual stats helps out with how effective some things are to others.

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Damage Chart Revival
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024