Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Site Death/outcomes
Site Death/outcomes
John04Date: Friday, 25-Feb-2011, 0:21 AM | Message # 61
Colonel
Group: Users
Here's the New Republic's bio:

It has been five years since Endor, where the Emperor finally died. However, in the process of that great victory, Admiral Ackbar fell in battle and Mon Mothma was left in a coma. But all was not lost, for a charismatic Bothan admiral took the reigns of power and guided the Alliance through the darkness that followed the loss of their leadership. After several years of hardship and toil, the Rebellion has finally taken and secured Coruscant. With control over Coruscant, they are now the dominant force in the galaxy. As time passed, Admiral Varesk Kre'fey began to hand power over to politicians to begin restoring democracy and to allow him to fight the war better. The Rebel Alliance has now become the New Republic and the senate has been reconvened, however Kre'fey still retains the combined power of both the Chief of State and Supreme Commander, as there are still Imperial forces who wish to bring back the glory days of the Empire and a warrior-leader is still needed. With so much work left to do, the New Republic needs commanders and senators dedicated to the cause of freedom and justice. Will you be able to do what is needed to preserve our hard-fought freedom? As the Declaration of the New Republic states: Let the stars sing! Let the planets shout! Let the Republic begin!

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Message edited by John04 - Friday, 25-Feb-2011, 0:22 AM

Smooth-eyeDate: Friday, 25-Feb-2011, 9:33 PM | Message # 62
Lieutenant
the following is just a rough draft. You can splice it, dice it to your liking.

It had been five years since the Battle of Endor, when Emperor Palpatine died aboard the second Death Star. The surviving Imperials became scattered and disorganized, becoming nothing more than that of warlords in far off sectors that remain loyal to the Imperial cause. There are rumors of a new Emperor, and a rebuilding of Imperial forces.

The Rebel Alliance has since reformed into the New Republic, with newly liberated planets, that once knew only the tyranny of the old Empire. The New Galactic Senate is growing daily, and is once again giving voice to a governing body. The New Republic is continuing its quest to rid the galaxy of the remnants of the Empire.

The Jedi Order in once aging trying to return and restore itself once again as the galaxy’s defender against evil and return balance of the Force. A reemergence of force users is escalating. Some use the power for good, while others feed of of fears and doubt of the weak.

The balance of power with in the galaxy is still unstable, constantly teetering from one extreme to another. Can the remnants of the old Empire reunite, and take back control of the galaxy? Will the New Republic hold fast and finally eradicate the remaining Imperial forces, and their sympathizers? Does the Jedi Order return to greatness, or will the Darkside prove to be too strong for the Light?

That will be up to you. Will you be a battle tested trooper, silver-tongued smuggler, an ice cold bounty hunter? Or will you wield the immeasurable power of the force, or fight aboard mighty capital ships? The fate of the galaxy is in your hands. The Galaxy is in a state of CONFLICTS.

Added (25-Feb-2011, 9:33 PM)
---------------------------------------------
wow, you used it. cool!!

"No, no officer...Trust me, why would I smuggle something illegal into your fine juristiction. Can't we come to some agreement?"

Message edited by Smooth-eye - Friday, 25-Feb-2011, 8:57 PM

KalThanatosDate: Friday, 25-Feb-2011, 10:07 PM | Message # 63
Original Site Manager
Of course. I like it

Smooth-eyeDate: Friday, 25-Feb-2011, 10:13 PM | Message # 64
Lieutenant
things are looking great!

Added (25-Feb-2011, 10:13 PM)
---------------------------------------------
what else can I help with?

"No, no officer...Trust me, why would I smuggle something illegal into your fine juristiction. Can't we come to some agreement?"

KalThanatosDate: Friday, 25-Feb-2011, 10:37 PM | Message # 65
Original Site Manager
Well...I can only do so much with the actual pages. I'm starting to think that we just do all of this on the forums. We can just put them at the top of the faction's forums and can edit that way. Other wise, things won't match up all the way on the site pages...

Smooth-eyeDate: Friday, 25-Feb-2011, 11:14 PM | Message # 66
Lieutenant
good point

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 26-Feb-2011, 1:22 AM | Message # 67
Original Site member
Sorry for my absense. Got caught up in life and havn't been online. Also, note, that on the 6th I am headed off to my folks place for two weeks, so I will not be able to be around. However I will try to set up a few things like NPC bios and the like while I am there so I can put them up.

How 'accuarate' are we going to be when it comes to planets and the like?

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 26-Feb-2011, 3:05 AM | Message # 68
Original Site member
Also, FYI I may like some things in that Trade Federation Font, as I plan on remaking Droid Armies. They are far more exendable then lives, and I can use the lives I save to better use smile

So, I will need to look up some stats and such for the Old Trade Fed and CIS tech for rapid development. And as I did before, the Dark Trooper Project is going to be something else to come up with smile

LordZarcaineDate: Saturday, 26-Feb-2011, 3:28 AM | Message # 69
Lieutenant
I need a Shadow Hand forum set up so I can get a list of planets, and ships up for the Shadow. The Ships being what is currently used in the Shadow Hand fleet that I have set up. Can you get a Shadow Hand forum up for me Veers so I can get that done?

John04Date: Saturday, 26-Feb-2011, 7:42 AM | Message # 70
Colonel
To answer your question Merk, I think we're going to try and be fairly accurate surrounding planets. Granted, since we will be taking things in different directions there will be situations that will allow us to change planets around. For now I say that we stay as accurate as we can, but once we fire up the site again...game on.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Saturday, 26-Feb-2011, 9:42 AM | Message # 71
Original Site member
Well, I only ask, because Hoth is, as we all know damn near inhospitable, and got Echo... Gromas 16 has Phrink, which is needed for Dark Trooper construction, Mustafar is a volcanic planet with droid foundrys (which I will be trying to make use of). Aptros has Cortis, a metal that I will be using to aid my Dark Trooper project, as well as personal armor for certain groups. Myrkr has been ignored by the greater majority of the Universe.

Also, with a few exceptions, the layouts will be as close to canon as I can get smile

LordZarcaineDate: Saturday, 26-Feb-2011, 12:44 PM | Message # 72
Lieutenant
I'll be getting up descriptions for the Shadow Hand Fleet, and Planet list soon. I'll have to put them in the independent page for the moment. I'll take a look and I guess I'll also need to set up ground units for them as well. A lot of it is going towards protecting Codian Moon for the most part, until I have enough members join, or just have the Dark Jedi decide they want conquest =P

KalThanatosDate: Sunday, 27-Feb-2011, 9:04 PM | Message # 73
Original Site Manager
So far, the ships that have been placed up are looking good. If I have any issues with any of them, I will post up, but if I don't have problems I'm going to move them over to their respective boards. I know that the names of the old factions won't match the new ones, that's something that is out of my reach as an Assistant. I'm working on what I can though.

I'd like to get things rolling here soon. Once all ships and planets have been finalized, the R&D will begin

LordZarcaineDate: Sunday, 27-Feb-2011, 9:42 PM | Message # 74
Lieutenant
When R&D begins I'll put up ground vehicles for the Shadow Hand.

KalThanatosDate: Sunday, 27-Feb-2011, 10:08 PM | Message # 75
Original Site Manager
Ok

Progress...

I've put up NR and NI's Cap Ships and Fighters. Also put up NR's planets, still awaiting NI's final list. Posted up issues on SH's ships. I believe that is all that we are waiting on for those.

Lastly, I need a Bio for NI's page.

That is all that is keeping us from the R&D and fully getting this site back up and functional.

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Site Death/outcomes
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024