Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Site Death/outcomes
Site Death/outcomes
KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:10 PM | Message # 31
Original Site Manager
Group: Users
John had a good point in PM...if the Rebels had more planets, it would allow them to become stronger faster. If we keep it as even as possible, it will give either side a good fighting chance for the story

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:13 PM | Message # 32
Original Site Manager
How bout this....

Veers suggested having 25 for the Rebels and 20 for Imps. It is close to not allow that large of a gap between the two, and would make sense as well.

LordZarcaineDate: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:16 PM | Message # 33
Lieutenant
As a rule of thumb I think the rebels should have 3 Planets that would mark their triumph over the Empire. That would be Coruscant, the capital of the Galaxy, Mon Cal where most of their fleet was developed and built, and Endor, the site of their victory.

John04Date: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:17 PM | Message # 34
Colonel
That would work quite nicely. Should be even enough. Only gives the Alliance a five-to-four advantage which might as well be even. This would give us a nice starting force without being too overwhelming. Becomes more of a battle of wits and strategy than brute force and overkill.

I have Mon Calamari & Endor in the list I originally whipped up but I left Coruscant to the Empire. But I can change it if Merk wants to pretty much abandon the Core region.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:19 PM | Message # 35
Original Site member
Planet List:

(No order)
Exocron, Bespin, Hoth, Anoth, Gromas 16, Apathros, Myrkr, Kal'Shebbol, The three in minos Cluster (I am using the Map btw..) Kessel, Geonosis, Mustafar, Endor, Anaj, Bakura, Mobus, Csilla, Bastion

How does that list sound?

Merkillum_VeersDate: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:20 PM | Message # 36
Original Site member
Ya, I am keeping Endor for the Empire, but figure the New Republic would have the capitol planet.

LordZarcaineDate: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:22 PM | Message # 37
Lieutenant
The Empire abandoned Endor after its defeat there. Thats why I suggested to let the Rebels have it.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:24 PM | Message # 38
Original Site member
Alright, that could be acceptable. Plus the Ewoks and everything. I may go for Tattooine then smile Since Jabbas demise, it would not be under anyones control smile

John04Date: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:26 PM | Message # 39
Colonel
Csilla is a Chiss planet. Thrawn may have been an Imp but Csilla was never apart of the Empire. Sorry to pick but it just looks weird to me.

Added (22-Feb-2011, 11:26 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I say use Yaga Minor, you could use a shipyard stronghold.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:30 PM | Message # 40
Original Site member
Well, like I said, i am using that map (which everyone says is bad but al I got at the moment. Wasn't sure where Chiss space was.

Alright, So need to change it. I think I shall then use Vargesso Asteroids. Would that be acceptable?

John04Date: Tuesday, 22-Feb-2011, 11:35 PM | Message # 41
Colonel
Vergesso's fine.

Here's my list. Sorry for not using the map on the site but I've got the Essential Atlas here at home and it's hard not to use it. Images can be found on Wookieepedia for references.

Metropolis(5): Coruscant, Mon Calamari, Sullust, Sluis Van, Fondor

Industrial(9): Contruum, Kashyyyk, Corulag, Yag’Dhul, Commenor, Elom, Clak’Dor VII, Kothlis, Bothawui

Basic(6): Trandosha, Taanab, Tynna, Onderon, Bpfassh, New Cov

Primitive(5): Endor, Roche, Borleias, Mimban, Toprawa

Shipyards: 3x 40KM Shipyards(Mon Calamari, Sluis Van, Fondor)
2x 5KM Shipyards(Bothawui, Contruum)
2x 3KM Repair Yards(Kashyyyk, Sullust)

LordZarcaineDate: Wednesday, 23-Feb-2011, 1:19 AM | Message # 42
Lieutenant
Looking over the planets. I agree with the Rebel choices. Because they had so many victories all over the galaxy, their planets would be spread out. But with the Empire shrinking down, they wouldnt have their worlds spread out over a vast distance, if it meant that they couldnt have fleets there to protect them and just leave them easy prey for the Rebels. I was thinking more of a centralized grouping of planets that would keep the remainder of the empire strong. This way the planets would all be loyal, because if your planets are all spread out, they'd be more likely to flip and revolt to join the rebels.

Rebel Worlds

Ecumenopolis(1): Coruscant (Coruscant is covered with a single planet wide city, or Ecumenopolis)

Metropolis(4): Mon Calamari, Sullust, Sluis Van, Fondor

Industrial(9): Contruum, Kashyyyk, Corulag, Yag’Dhul, Commenor, Elom, Clak’Dor VII, Kothlis, Bothawui

Basic(6): Trandosha, Taanab, Tynna, Onderon, Bpfassh, New Cov

Primitive(5): Endor, Roche, Borleias, Mimban, Toprawa

Shipyards: 3x 40KM Shipyards(Mon Calamari, Sluis Van, Fondor)
2x 5KM Shipyards(Bothawui, Contruum)
2x 3KM Repair Yards(Kashyyyk, Sullust)

Imperial Worlds

Ecumenopolis(1): Munnilinst

Metropolis(4): Bastion, Yaga Minor, Telos, Sernpidal

Industrial(2): Adumar, Borosk

Basic(8): Dantooine, Garqi, Ord Biniir, Dubrillion, Helska, Belkadon, Marishim, Sinsang

Primitive(5): Gravlex Med, Shusugaunt, Ruuria, Generis, Valc VII

Shipyards: 3x 40KM Shipyards(Munnilinst, Yaga Minor, Telos)
2x 5KM Shipyards(Adumar, Borosk)
2x 3KM Repair Yards(Ord Biniir, Dubrillion)

Of course if you want to use what you already picked, then no worries. This is just how I viewed the Empire would be set up after losing power and retreating to the outer rim.

Smooth-eyeDate: Wednesday, 23-Feb-2011, 1:28 AM | Message # 43
Lieutenant
Just fyi, Endor was the Alliance's original capitol. COuruscant was under an Imperial faction control until around 6-7 years after BoE.

"No, no officer...Trust me, why would I smuggle something illegal into your fine juristiction. Can't we come to some agreement?"

Merkillum_VeersDate: Wednesday, 23-Feb-2011, 6:08 AM | Message # 44
Original Site member
Well, problem with the Imps, is that after the Emperors death, there was no Empire. There were factions. The Empire spread all across the Galaxy, just as the Rebels were. I am playing the Empire as someone who has gathered together various factions of the Impeials across the Galaxy. I was considering having those planets where the Stormtrooper and Navy academys were, but those are core planets, and more then likly their government would no longer be Imperial Supportive. Now, its populace may be a diffrent story, but I was going with Government for now.

Now some places are again more story then anything, paticularly Apothros, Myrkr, and Gromas 16. I can give up Bastion as it could be the capitol of a diffrent faction, the 'canon' faction as it were... and pick up something in the southern portion of the galaxy.

Anyhow, need to get going for the moment, but I will write up more once I am done. Just so people know, this Empire that I will be running is not in any way canon. Its going to be like my warlord faction. Only set at an earlier period, with more power. So, for others there is possability that another Imperial 'Faction' can happen, because of the Admirals and Moffs still out there.

John04Date: Wednesday, 23-Feb-2011, 3:57 PM | Message # 45
Colonel
I agree with Merk. If he wants those planets, he can have them. They're are actually not as spread out as I originally thought, with the exception of Apatros, Myrkr, & Gromas 16. This way if some Imperial diehard member decides to come along and rebuild the Empire under more canon conditions, he'll be able to.

I just finished making the list of initial capital ships that the Rebel Alliance will have. By the way, are we calling them Rebel Alliance or New Republic? Just thought to ask.

I'll post the capital ships under the proper forum along with the starfighters we'll be using. I'll also create my leading character for the Rebels later today along with the initial ground vehicles.

Added (23-Feb-2011, 3:57 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I'm ok with Coruscant being an ecumenopolis planet but we need to establish how many resources it gives us. I think it should be 100KM probably.

Forum » Out of Character » OOC Area » Site Death/outcomes
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024