Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Divebomber311, Kael  
Forum » R&D » Proposed R&D » Reboot R&D
Reboot R&D
Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 12:40 PM | Message # 16
Original Site member
Group: Users
Name: Imperium All purpose walker (WP Walker (Weapons Platform Walker))
Class: Walker
Propulsion: 8 legs
Crew: BRT Supercomputer
Troops: 2 platoons
Speed: 30km/h
Hull: 200
Shields: 100
Weapons: 1 Flak Cannon, 8 anti infantry medium blasters, 4 Anti Armor Heavy Laser Cannons, 4 long-range, variable trajectory turbolaser cannons, 2 concussion missle launchers (8 missles each), 2 torpedo launchers (8 torpedos each).
Equipment: TIN Targeting System, Holographic command interface, sensor array, BRT Supercomputer, Self Destruct override proticol, Ion shielded reactor
Description: The first true tech made by Imperium Scientists, it is the first attempt to make a computer run vechical using the Militaristic BRT. The design, however is very simple, and is essentally a giant square platform. The walker sits low to the ground, with legs on each cornor. Between each leg space, is a anti infantry turreted blaster cannon, as well as one mounted in the center of each side, protecting the underbelly from infantry. On the top of the platform, on each cornor, are Heavy laser cannons built for anti armor. On the top, each side, are various missle and torpedo tubes, for long range bombardment, or extra anti air defense. In the middle of the platform, is a rapid fire flak cannon, similar to the ones on the AT-AA's, though this one is about 50 percent larger. Flanking the 4 cornors of the Flak cannon, lie 90 degree pivot Long Range Turbolasers, pivoting so that two can fire in any one direction. The turbolasers are identical in almost all respects to the ones used by the Imperial SPMA-T Walkers. Inside the 'box' which was only about four meters high, was a small disembark area for the 2 platoons of troops that the walker could carry. Usually these troopers were used as protectors when the walker was in a seige mode. At the center was the BRT computer brain, and the reactor. However, while this WP Walker had no 'inherint' weakness, being able to engage almost any form of target, they had many drawbacks. The fact that a strong enough Ion attack could fry the BRT computer. Also, dispite its power generation, it could not opperate all weapons at once. The BRT had to look at all the infomation granted to it by the Holographic interface, as well as the sensor arrays, and pick the largest threat to itself, and power its weapons accordingly. Usually, it stays in the back of an assault force, with its turbolaer batteries, and Flak cannon, showering an area with its artillary blasts, and shooting any fighters or speeders from the sky. At times, however, the BRT moves forward and engages using its Anti Armor lasers and blaster cannons, shooting off missiles at various targets and causing havok.

There was a proticol installed in these BRT models, however, and that was that should one ever go offline for whatever reason, the reactor would overload and explode. This was to keep their enemies from aquiring a working BRT model, as well as cause a catastropic explosion to hopefully destroy whatever caused the vechcal to shut down. The shielded reactor should be able to absorb more ion energy then the BRT, so that it should never shut down before the proticol kicks in.

KalThanatosDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 2:09 PM | Message # 17
Original Site Manager
I'm just gonna go down the list here:

DSNT:
-Phoenix Shields: Just double checking on this.
EX: A ship has 5000 shileds. So, if the ship was hit with 2000 UOD, it would take that damage then be charged up with 500 (25%), leaving the shields at 3500 after everything?
-Hound Patrol: Here's my thing with this ship. Either you have the high shields, or you have the very high speed. I would recommend dropping the speed down to around 25/26 MGLT.
-Titan Support Carrier: The shields on this are extremely high for the size of this ship. Drop them and the hull rating down to 3500 Hull and 7500 Shield.
-Dervish Recon Fighter: Looks good
-Venator Super Star Destroyer: Again, what John had already mentioned. For some reason, all of the weapons on that thing seem to bother me. Seems like it would need a lit of power to run all of those during a battle. John, please take a look at those. If you believe it is fine, then we are good.
-Shadow Star Destroyer: The cloaking device is a no. You do not have it R&D'd as a Tech, so it is not available to use.
-Tie Shadow: Good
Length: 3170 meters
Crew: 350
Troops: 100,000
Hull: 24,057 RU
Shields: 50,995 SBD
Sublight: 4 MGLT
Hangar: 50 Squadrons
Weapons: 48 Quad Turbolaser Batteries, 164 Quad Laser Cannons
Equipment: X2 Hyperdrive, 20 Tractor-Beam Projectors

I understand that usually in upgrades, the hull, shields, fighters and weapons increase, but that is a big increase for this ship all around. Your hull jumped to nearly double, and the shields too. I would like to see the hull at around 35,000 and shields at around 65,000. That seems like a reasonable increase for an upgraded version seeing as how there was a Tech that was added on for that increase. As for the fighters, 100 more? That's A LOT. I'll let it go with 75 at the most. Otherwise, I'm good with it
-Fighter, Dark Troopers and Tech are good
-WP Walker: How long is this? Also, dunno if you switched around the hull and shield strength. Then, depending on the size, you might be able to bump those up more, but I'll decide once I see the size. My understanding of the variable trajectory turbolaser cannons is that they are pretty big. Again, this will come down to the size of this vehicle. I really can't see 4 of them being on this.
-CL-3 Anti-Starfighter Cluster Bomb : I like the idea, but my only question would be to why the 1000 UOD...it seems pretty high for it to be against Fighters. Are you saying that it would be 1000 applied to all the fighters in the arc? I would also think that they would have a guidance system aboard? Just wondering, cause what would stop it from affecting your own fighters in the arc?
-Everything else looks good.

That's about all I've got on this. If anyone has problems with my decisions, post em up and give me the reason why they were the way they were and we'll work on them.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 2:53 PM | Message # 18
Original Site member
Alright, most of that I am fine with... however my few reasons for certain things.

Battleship squadrons: I was going by the base number of the original canon one. Each squadron is 10 fighters, right? The ship houses 1500 fighters, so just subtract a zero, and you are left with 150... thats where I got my numbers from. If I miscaluclated or something of the sort, please let me know.

As for the WP Walker... Massive. 50 m by 50 meters. However, it wasn't going to be that high off the ground, a mere 10 meters. HUGE target as well.... but I kinda had an idea of something similar to the look of a World Devastator, only not THAT huge, and much lower to the ground (Not a repulsorlift craft like they were).

I can add another reactor, come to think of it, since the AT-AT walker had two and was much smaller. Anyhow, got to go.

KalThanatosDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 3:36 PM | Message # 19
Original Site Manager
I saw that on Wookieepedia, but since there was already a design on the site, it's kinda hard to have it jump up that much for fighters. Still, you could make the squadrons have 12 in each, still giving a large amount of fighters. I don't wanna see one ship being able to shell out 1500 fighters. That's a lot to have at one time. I'm gonna have to stick with my suggestion of the 75 squadrons.

The WP Walker, It makes sense with it being that large. Go ahead and add on another reactor. These will have to be limited on the battlefield though. Those Variable Trajectory Turbos can be devastating.

LordZarcaineDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 3:53 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant
Finished Project

And yes Kal, if a ship with 5000 SBD has the Phoenix shields and is hit with 2000 UOD it would have 3500 shields left at the end of the round.
Hound - Speed decreased to 26 MGLT
Titan - Shields and Hull Dropped
Dark Side Sphere - Shields and Hull Dropped down to 1/10th the original numbers
Venator - Shields, Hulls and Weapons all reduced by 1/2 of original numbers
Shadow - Cloak removed

DSNT
1 Tech - 5 points
2 Capital Ships - 4 Points
1 Starfighter - 1 Point

Shadow Hand
4 Ground Vehicles - 2 Points
3 Capital Ships - 6 Points
2 Star Fighters - 2 Points

Added (05-Mar-2011, 4:59 PM)
---------------------------------------------
DSNT Reboot R&D

Name: Phoenix Shields
Type: Recharging Shields
Description: The Phoenix shields are designed to boost a ships defenses, as well as provide a secondary line of defense. When a Phoenix shield is struck, it takes in 25% of the damage done to the shields, recharging them by that much. If the Phoenix shields sustain too much damage, they over load and shut down. The downside is that the actual shield generators are massive. Making them unusable on any ship smaller than 1Km in length.

Class: Hound Patrol Cruiser
Length: 500m
Crew: 2500
Troops: 0
Hull: 2,000 RU
Shields: 4,500 SBD
Speed: 26 MGLT
Hanger: 0
Equipment: Class 1 Hyperdrive
Weapons: x4 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons, x12 Ion Cannons, x6 Concussion Missile Launchers
Description: A simple Cruiser designed specifically for Patrolling sectors and systems. It is designed more to disable ships and cripple them for retrieval by other ships. The Hound Cruiser is usually left in sectors and systems and not part of an actual fleet. They make up "Patrol Fleets" usually stationed near key worlds and key tactical points that are needed to be protected.

Class: Titan Support Carrier
Length: 750m
Crew: 6,534
Troops: 2,500
Hull: 3,500 RU
Shields: 7,500 SBD
Speed: 21 MGLT
Hanger: 30 Squadrons
Equipment: Class 1 Hyperdrive, x6 Tractor Beam Projectors
Weapons: x26 Quad Turbolaser Cannons, x20 Dual Turbolaser Cannons, x34 Point Defense Laser Cannons
Description: The Titan Carrier is is designed primarily for supporting Squadrons of fighters in a battle. Most of the ship is allocated for hangers for repairs and carry fighters. When a battle if finished, these Carriers comb the field for any fighters than can be salvaged and use their tractor beams to bring them on board for repairs and reuse. When doing these types of missions, they are often supported by a group of Hound Patrol Cruisers for the protection of the Titan Carriers

Name: Dervish Recon Fighter
Length: 19.8m
Crew: 3
Hull: 80 RU
Shields: 200 SBD
Speed: 110 MGLT
Weapons: x2 Laser Cannons, x1 Heavy Laser Cannon Ball Turret, x6 Proton Torpedoes
Equipment: Class 1 Hyperdrive, High powered Scanners/Sensors
Description: 12 Per Squadron / The Dervish Recon Fighter is designed to jump into systems a head of a fleet with their use of their hyperdrives. Using their high powered Scanners/Sensors, they check the system before jumping back to the fleet and reporting their findings to the fleet. These are used to ensure the fleet is not jumping into an ambush and allow the fleet to know the layout of the system and the amount of ships they are up against before they enter a system.

Added (06-Mar-2011, 3:52 PM)
Shadow Hand Reboot R&D

Class: Dark Side Sphere
Length: 300m Diameter
Crew: 1
Troops: 0
Hull: 5,000 RU
Shields: 10,000 SBD
Speed: 14 MGLT
Hanger: 0
Weapons: x14 Heavy Turbolasers Cannons, x12 Dual Turbolaser Cannons, x32 Point Defense Laser Cannons
Description: Inspired by the old Sith Meditation Sphere's, the Dark Side Sphere is mainly a heavily armored and armed meditation chamber to protect a Dark Jedi Master while they support the fleet. All systems are run through a computer, allowing the Dark Jedi to focus on meditating while the computer system tracks and targets enemy ships and takes movements to ensure the safety of the being inside.

Class: Venator Super Star Destroyer
Length: 5Km
Crew: 164,385
Troops: 2 Regiments
Hull: 112,500 RU
Shields: 175,000 SBD
Speed: 10 MGLT
Hanger: 36 Squadrons
Equipment: Class 1 Hyperdrive, Class 3 Back up Hyperdrive, x12 Tractor Beam Projectors
Weapons: x100 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons, x60 Quad Turbolaser Cannons, x30 Proton Torpedo Tubes, x271 Point defense Laser Cannons, x20 Ion Cannon Batteries
Description: A re-imagination of the old Venator Class Star Destroyer, it is smaller in size when compared to some of the much larger SSD fielded by the Empire and Republic. It serves as a command ship for an entire Fleet, often making them one of the least seen ships. The reason being the cost to both build and maintain such a ship, as well as never fielding it unless needed. When it does go off to war, it leads up to four sector fleets in a single grand armada.

Class: Shadow Star Destroyer
Length: 1600m
Crew: 12,000
Troops: 1 Regiment
Hull: 5000 RU
Shields: 8000 SBD
Speed: 12 MGLT
Hanger: 2 Squadrons
Weapons: x12 Turbolaser Cannon Batteries, x8 Quad Heavy Turbolaser Cannons
Description: The Shadow SD is a more recent design, seeking to give the Shadow Hand the upper hand of surprise when it battle. Named mostly for the all black design.

Name: Tie Shadow
Length: 6.5m
Crew: 1
Hull: 60 RU
Shields: 100 SBD
Speed: 91 MGLT
Weapons: x4 Heavy Laser Cannons
Equipment: ---
Description: 12 Per Squadron / Named for their pitch black color, allowing them to blend in easily in shadows and nearly impossible to see in space.

Name: Hunter Drone
Length: 10m
Crew: 1 Astromech
Hull: 40 RU
Shields: 40 SBD
Speed: 90 MGLT
Weapons: x2 Laser Cannons, x4 Proton Torpedoes
Equipment: x1 Hardwired Proton Torpedo "Suicide Bomb"
Description: 12 Per Squadron / Named for the aggressiveness of the astromechs that are hard wired into the fighter. The Hunter Drone is pre-programed to attack enemy targets constantly. When it becomes damaged to the point of hindering an attack, it is programed to find the nearest enemy vessel and make a "Suicide" run to cause the internal hardwired Proton Torpedo to detonate upon impact.

Added (06-Mar-2011, 3:53 PM)
Name: Shadow Skiff
Class: Hover Barge
Propulsion: Repulsor Lift
Crew: 1 Pilot, 4 Gunners
Troops: 20
Speed: 90km/h
Hull: 60 RU
Shields: 40 SBD
Weapons: x4 Mounted Medium Anti-Personal Laser Cannons
Description: Named for its silent running Repulsor lift. The Shadow Skiff uses speed as its defense, over shields. It is quick enough to get a group of soldiers into an area, get the wounded out, and do all this with out being heard.

Name: Type-150
Class: Artillery
Propulsion: Treads
Crew: 1 Driver, 3 Gunners
Troops: 6 Security Guards
Hull: 250 RU
Shields: 350 SBD
Speed: 40km/h
Weapons: x1 Heavy Artillery Gun, x4 Mounted Light Anti-Personal Laser Cannons
Description: A vehicle that never sees the front, none the less still touches it. The Shadow Hand is smart enough to realize that you cant win a battle by throwing your men against an enemy, with out first softening the enemies defenses.

Name: Type 81
Class: Troop Transport
Movement: Repulsorlift
Crew: 2
Troops: 4 Platoons
Hull: 450 RU
Shields: 200 SBD
Speed: 20km/h
Weapons: x1 Mounted Turret Laser Cannon, x4 Anti-Personal Laser Cannons
Description: A powerful and slow moving troop transport. It is often covered by other Shadow Hand vehicles to protect it while unloading the troops it brings to the battlefield.

Name: Cronus Walker
Class: Walker
Propulsion: Quadrapedal movement
Crew: 6
Troops: 6 Security Personal
Hull: 300 RU
Shields: 450 SBD
Speed: 18km/h
Weapons: x2 Heavy Laser Cannons, x6 Anti-Personal Laser Cannons, x6 Concussion Missiles
Description: A powerful walking tank. It is used to support the Type 81 Troop Transport, as well as knock down walls and other obstructions that are blocking the advancement of Shadow Hand forces.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Sunday, 06-Mar-2011, 9:01 PM | Message # 21
Original Site member
Understood, I was only going to have so many of them. Similar to the Elite section of Starfighters, for so many squads of other vechicals, I would have one of them. They were also only going to be about 3-5 per squad. However not sure how much other vechicals are per squad or detachment or the like.... so these might need to be changed.

Also, I can understand and comply with the fighters on the Battleship.. 750 is still allot for one ship, and for now, I don't see anyone else purchasing battleships :P I plan on using them allot however.

Alright tomarrow if I can get on I shall make the edits and wait final approval. I am realizing however, the flaw with the walker.... something that big has allot of empty space inside.... so I am ether thinking of adding more troop area, or state that the extra space is used up for ammo cashes, thus uping the amount of missles and torpedos this thing carries... OR, filling it into a solid piece of armor, with only the area around the reactor and computer, and the loading area, being hollow, and thus upping its hull strength.

John04Date: Monday, 07-Mar-2011, 0:36 AM | Message # 22
Colonel
For Kal's request. I think I know where you're getting bothered. This is a super-sized version of the Venator Star Destroyer, which seemed to rely more on its fighters than its actual guns, from where I'm sitting. I still think that the hull and shields are still too high for a ship its size, but that's up to you Kal. As for the weapons...I say that the heavy cannons be cut in half and reduce the point-defense laser cannons by 1/3. Either that or lose some starfighters.

As for the cluster bomb...I didn't even think about that, allied fighters getting hurt. Whoops. Scratch this tech for now. I'll post a new tech in the morning.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 07-Mar-2011, 7:58 AM | Message # 23
Original Site member
Well, that could be the risk of the weapons..... or you don't use them, unless all your fighters are gone or some such..... Just a thought however smile

John04Date: Monday, 07-Mar-2011, 9:22 AM | Message # 24
Colonel
Name: MG-12A Proton Missile
Description: Developed by New Republic scientists at the urgence of Admiral Kre'fey. The proton missile is 20 percent larger than a standard capital ship torpedo but is ten times more destructive. They have achieved this through means of taking ideas from the Void-7 Seismic Charge and adding collapsium gas to the liquid baradium core, which magnified the blast. However, they took it a step further and worked up highly advanced directional cone that allowed them to concentrate the bulk of the warhead's destructive power along just one vector. The end result being a warhead capable of significantly harming enemy vessels. Unfortunatley this all comes with a downside. Krupx Munitions, the developer, was not able to install a very advanced targeting computer so high-speed vessels such as gunships can't be targeted. With that knowledge in mind, they also removed the proximity detonator, as it wouldn't do them much good anyway.
Battle Effect: Damage: 250 UOD. Can't target ships with speeds over 20 MGLT. No proximity detonation.

Here's the troop transport

Name: GR-100 Troop Transport
Length: 900 meters
Crew: 200
Troops: 4 Regiments
Hull: 2000 RU
Shields: 4500 SBD
Sublight: 12 MGLT
Hangar: 1 Squadron
Weapons: 6 Turbolaser Batteries, 20 Dual Laser Cannons
Equipment: X1 Hyperdrive, 6 Tractor-Beam Projectors
Description: Under the New Republic, Galofree Yards Inc. managed to revive itself by playing off the roles that the GR-75 medium transport played throughout the Galactic Civil War, evacuating Hoth and other such operations. Since then they've been trying to develop a vessel that the Republic would wish to add to their ranks. Tehy've succeeded. Utilizing the GR-75 as a template, they designed the GR-100. This vessel looks incredibly similar to the old medium transports, however, it is actually a dedicated warship designed to carry four regiments of troops and their gear down to the surface of a planet. It is well shielded and features a thick outer shell of armor which is good considering that the GR-100 follows the GR-75's example and has heavily modularized container pods to carry down troops for rapid deployment.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power...

Merkillum_VeersDate: Monday, 07-Mar-2011, 2:56 PM | Message # 25
Original Site member
Should get my transport up tonight, allong with the modifications to my stuff smile

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 07-Mar-2011, 10:17 PM | Message # 26
Original Site Manager
Thanks for taking a look at that John.

Zarcaine, if you could redo the weapons as John mentioned and drop the shields on the Venator down to 125k and hull down to 89K. I'll let it pass at that.

John, missiles and transport look good.

John04Date: Monday, 07-Mar-2011, 10:51 PM | Message # 27
Colonel
Not a problem Kal. And thanks for the approval. I'll add them to the NR ship listings and post my fleets.

Merkillum_VeersDate: Tuesday, 08-Mar-2011, 1:11 PM | Message # 28
Original Site member
Class: Lucrehulk-class battleship Mk2
Length: 3170m
Crew: 350
Troops: Armored Assault Tanks (6250), B1 Battle Droids (over 329.600)
Hull: 35,000
Shields: 65,000
Speed: 4MGLT
Hanger: 75 Squadrons
Equipment: Class 2 Hyperdrive, Class 10 hyperdrive (Back up), BRT Supercomputer, Droid Control Sensors
Weapons: Ring carrier: Point-defense Quad Laser batteries (164), Assault Laser Cannons (472), Quad Turbolasers (48) Core Ship: Point-defense quad laser batteries (21), Assault laser cannons (48),
Description: These hulking ships used during the Clone Wars were a sight to behold. The mainstay of the Trade Federation, they were incredibly durable and hard to take down, requiring small fleets to succeed. However, after the clone wars, the Galactic Empire destroyed most of them, and with the downfall of the Trade Federation, their designs were sold to the black market. Moff Veers purchased the schematics for one, and using his scientists, and the help of the native Genenosians, managed to gather enough to remake these huge warships. However, he modified them slightly, by building into them a enhanced supercomputer that has not been in wide use for almost 200 years. He hopes, with these supercomputers, and the modifications made to them for military uses, that his droid armies will be a better match on the field. The MK2 was also superior in hull design, shield capacity and firepower over the original models. With his enhancements, improved weaponry, and mass amount of fighters, these would put up a fight against even the dreaded Imperial Star Destroyers.

Name: Imperium X1 Rapid Transport
Length: 500m
Crew: 100
Troops: 2 regiments or 1 armor
Hull: 1000
Shields: 1000
Sublight: 25 MGLT
Hangar: 1 squadron
Weapons: 30 laser cannons, 40 bomber bays (Photon Bombs)
Equipment: BRT Supercomputer, x1 hyperdrive, grappling arms, atmospheric manuvering jets, multi target computer systems
Description: The Imperium's dropship, The X1 is the fastest capitol ship in the Imperium's fleet. However, unique to it, is that it is not designed for space combat, but rather atmospheric assault. The dropship usess its high speed to zoom through an enemy line, and enter the atmo, where it then strafes enemy positions, bombing along the ground, the BRT in charge of the bomber bays, where the human pilots and gunner target and take out enemy aircraft. After its inital assault, it lands, dropping off its payload of troops, before taking to the air again, acting as a air superiority vessel. However, should it end up in pitch combat with strong anti air, or capitol ships, the ship does not last very long. It was equipped with atmosperic thrusters, in order to better simulate a starfighter when in the atmosphere of a planet.

LordZarcaineDate: Tuesday, 08-Mar-2011, 3:28 PM | Message # 29
Lieutenant
Here you go
- Heavy weapons dropped by 1/2
- Point Defense Lasers dropped by 1/3
- Hull and Shields dropped to asked numbers

Class: Venator Super Star Destroyer
Length: 5Km
Crew: 164,385
Troops: 2 Regiments
Hull: 89,000 RU
Shields: 125,000 SBD
Speed: 10 MGLT
Hanger: 36 Squadrons
Equipment: Class 1 Hyperdrive, Class 3 Back up Hyperdrive, x12 Tractor Beam Projectors
Weapons: x50 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons, x60 Quad Turbolaser Cannons, x30 Proton Torpedo Tubes, x181 Point defense Laser Cannons, x20 Ion Cannon Batteries
Description: A re-imagination of the old Venator Class Star Destroyer, it is smaller in size when compared to some of the much larger SSD fielded by the Empire and Republic. It serves as a command ship for an entire Fleet, often making them one of the least seen ships. The reason being the cost to both build and maintain such a ship, as well as never fielding it unless needed. When it does go off to war, it leads up to four sector fleets in a single grand armada.

KalThanatosDate: Thursday, 10-Mar-2011, 7:55 PM | Message # 30
Original Site Manager
Looks good you two. So for not responding earlier, and thank you for your patience. Needs of the Air Force...gotta love em.

Forum » R&D » Proposed R&D » Reboot R&D
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024