Monday, 18-Mar-2024, 10:00 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Star Wars : Conflicts
Main
Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Mission Sims » Mission Simming » Good ol' Partnership (Jak and Mira team up for a random case)
Good ol' Partnership
JakDate: Saturday, 12-Feb-2011, 8:07 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Jak leaned back on his chair, putting up his feet on the edge of his desk. The Onderonian had chosen a specific desk that were at a corner of the Galactic Alliance Intelligence Headquarters stationed on Coruscant. He haven't had an office yet, he wasn't that important just yet. Jak doesn't care about whether to have an office or not, as long as he is doing and likes his job. The man was wearing a set of clothes that looked old, rugged. It was not modern. There was a fabric that makes up of his gray-brownish pants. In addition to that, he wore a leather belt with a holster for his DL-44 heavy blaster pistol. The pistol were in his holster all the time, even when he's at his desk. There were a tann-ish sleeved buttoned shirt with leather old suit to go along with it. To top it off, there was also a leather hat he loves to wear, of which is sitting on the other end of the desk at the moment. Jak hated modern clothing, and liked to be in touch with the past. He may not look like one, but he likes history.

The agent was reading a file on a fugitive that had recently escaped a prison on Coruscant. This fugitive was a Quarren, working for an underworld crime lord as the middleman. This Quarren was brought to a trial and was dubbed guilty on selling illegal drugs. He got out of the jail a lot earlier than he was supposed to. This sentient being got away by killing a guard with a shard of glass that were somehow acquired during his tenure at the prison. A man from Coruscant Security Forces, a buddy of Jak's, contacted him and requested that the Galactic Alliance Intelligence help out. After a while of reading, he would put the file down on the desk. Then he put both his hands behind his head, looking up at the ceiling. The GAI agent were wondering where to start...

Mira_NaevaDate: Saturday, 12-Feb-2011, 8:24 PM | Message # 2
Private
Mira and Jak were complete opposites in most things. Appearance and dress being one of them. Personality and temperament being two others. Why they were paired together was something that she had ever been able to figure out. That day, Mira walked into the office and the first thing that she saw was Jak sitting there with his dirty boots up on the desk. The man stared listlessly at the ceiling. He was wearing that hat, and while it did look good on him and his rugged handsomeness, for some reason the hat irritated her at times.

She slipped off her knee length winter white coat and rested it over her arm. Beneath the coat she was wearing a fitted white button down shirt with long sleeves and a knee length pale pink skirt, and winter white heels. Mira looked her partner over for a moment before she hung her coat on the rack next to her desk and sat her bag on the desktop along with her coffee cup that had obviously been picked up from a nearby coffee shop.

Her gaze found the thick file on his desk. "A job, Jak?" Mira asked as she motioned to the file laying there. Idly, she wrapped her hand around the coffee cup and held it in her palms as she moved over next to his desk.

JakDate: Saturday, 12-Feb-2011, 8:38 PM | Message # 3
Private
The agent would shift his attention from the case itself to Mira, looking at her just as she had settled stuffs down on her desk. Of which was next to Jak's. He'd look at Mira for a moment before shrugging. "You wanna find out? Read it, see if it's worth taking the job." He was not well liked by many people, because of his personality and constant use of sarcasm. That was the way he is, sometimes he gets on people's nerves simply because of this. Sometimes he likes doing it on purpose. He'd grab the file and held it in the air with one hand for Mira to grab ahold of.

Jak got his feet off the desk, his hands shifting to get itself on the desk. "Coffee's bad for you. Stops you from growing, ya know." The agent was pretty sure she knew that, but that was his way of making conservation. He was not a man of many words, instead he lets actions speak for himself.

Mira_NaevaDate: Saturday, 12-Feb-2011, 9:20 PM | Message # 4
Private
"It is a good thing that I am finished growing then, Jak." She murmured as she took the file from him and moved back over to her desk with only a few graceful steps. Mira sat her cup and the file down, smoothed her skirt with her hands and sat onto the edge of her chair and crossed her long, slender legs. She flipped the file open and looked over the first few pages for a moment.

"Are you sure this is something you need my assistance on?" She asked after she read a few more pages. It didn't seem like anything that he couldn't handle on his own, and she might just get in his way. They hadn't been on many missions together yet, but so far about the only things she had contributed were getting him into fancier places that he couldn't get into alone, and calling for backup.

"I mean....whatever the agency wants, of course." She sighed.

JakDate: Saturday, 12-Feb-2011, 9:32 PM | Message # 5
Private
Jak chuckled lightly, "I guess so." That was all he would say, watching Mira going over the file. In fact, he was waiting to hear her opinion on this. The agent would slowly get up and walked over to sit on the side of her desk. He crossed his arms, letting out a light sigh. "Well, tracking down a fugitive is harder than you think or my buddy at CSF wouldn't have called for me." The agent looked at her for a moment before speaking once again, "We're partners. We do everything together. Remember that, Mira. That's one element among many in the meaning of team." The agent got off the desk, gesturing for her to follow him. Jak grabbed the hat and put it on the top of his head before walking past several desks, expecting the beautiful partner to follow him.

Mira_NaevaDate: Saturday, 12-Feb-2011, 9:39 PM | Message # 6
Private
"Yes we're partners. I know that. And I know what a team is, Jak." She hadn't asked to be made a field agent, but it happened one day by accident. Her pairing with Jak had happened due to a need for a pretty girl in a pretty dress. Unfortunately, he needed someone on his arm as a cover, and she happened to be walking by when he and their boss had been discussing it.

After several moments, Mira rose to her feet and tucked the file into her bag. She slipped her coat back on and grabbed her bag and the coffee and followed Jak out of the office, albeit a bit slower than him.

JakDate: Sunday, 13-Feb-2011, 4:12 PM | Message # 7
Private
The agent continued to walk throughout the large room with all the desks in it, before getting into the lift. He'd punch a button that would take them to the ground floor. However, he'd extend one of his arms to keep the lift from closing. Jak was waiting for Mira to get in before he'd let the doors close completely. "Another day on the job, huh?" Jak looked at Mira, waiting to see how she'd react.

Mira_NaevaDate: Sunday, 13-Feb-2011, 4:24 PM | Message # 8
Private
Mira stepped into the elevator and let out a low sigh as she positioned herself in the elevator across from her partner. Her gaze went to him as he pressed the button for the ground floor and then he looked up at him. "Jak, I am not a field agent, you know that." She had always been reluctant about field missions, from the very first time she walked into that ballroom with Jak.

He looked so different that night, dressed in a tuxedo with his hair actually combed. Jak had looked handsome then, not that his rough and ruggedness now wasn't attractive. Mira leaned against the wall of the elevator as the lift descended to the ground floor of the building. At that point, she stepped out of the elevator and stopped a few steps into the lobby.

"I'm going to go home and pack a bag. You can pick me up there in a half hour." She said before she turned on her four inch heel and sauntered from the lobby and out to get a taxi. Sure, she could have asked him to take her there before going to the ship, but she hated to ask for anything, but she wouldn't say no if he would follow and offer.

JakDate: Sunday, 13-Feb-2011, 4:35 PM | Message # 9
Private
Jak looked at Mira just as the lift doors opened up, "No, but you'll become one. I promise you that. The only way you're going to be a field agent is to actually performing out in the...field." The agent shifted his hat before following after her, raising his eyebrows when she had told him she would go home and have him pick her up in a half hour. "You could have asked me to give you a ride. Besides, this would give us more time to talk about the guy we're tracking down."

He continued to follow her, walking out of the lobby. "Well, it would save you some credits."

Mira_NaevaDate: Sunday, 13-Feb-2011, 4:41 PM | Message # 10
Private
"The difference between you and me is, Jak, aside from the obvious, I did not join the GAI to be a field agent." She said as she walked away from him. But then, of course, he was right. She would learn and she would likely be good at what she did, despite her resistance. "And the only reason I got stuck doing this in the first place, is because I look better in an evening gown than Agent Reece would have." Mira said as she turned to him and offered a small smile.

"Fine....you can take me home and we can talk." She said before she took a sip of her coffee, and then deposited the empty cup into a nearby garbage receptacle.

Forum » Mission Sims » Mission Simming » Good ol' Partnership (Jak and Mira team up for a random case)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024