Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Mission Sims » Mission Simming » An Ordinary Day
An Ordinary Day
KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 1:27 PM | Message # 46
Original Site Manager
Group: Users
Kal nodded as she thanked him for opening the book for her. She stared at the amulet before she asked for a pen or something. He didn't have anything. He shook his head, "I don't have anything...oh wait!" He turned to the console, but reached down underneath it, pulling out a small hand held datapad. He moved back over to her and held it out to her, "Here....I think I know what your thinking...if it doesn't work, then I've got an idea as well..."

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 1:41 PM | Message # 47
Lieutenant colonel
She shook her head and took the data pad. "You people and technology...." she murmured as she started typing away on it with her fingertips. If she could write it out, she preferred it. But technology did have its place and was useful.

"What's your idea?" Ilanah asked as she went between the journal, datapad, and the amulet. This was obviously going to be trial and error she was finding out quickley.

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 1:51 PM | Message # 48
Original Site Manager
Before he could let his idea out to her, something flashed over his mind. Something was telling him to have her put it on. It was as if there was someone telling him what to do. His eyes closed for a second as a voice spoke in his head. It told him the key to unlocking the power of the amulet. His eyes opened back up and a smile crossed his face. He looked down at her, "Put it around your neck. That should do it...it should allow you to read it..."

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 2:03 PM | Message # 49
Lieutenant colonel
When he didn't respond right away, she would look over to him and stop typing. "Kal...?" She risked calling him his name as his eyes were closed and he seemed distant.

She was still watching him when he opened his eyes again and she met his gaze as she pulled herself to her feet. Her fingers closed lightly around the amulet and as looked down at it. " I don't know how much good that wil do, but alrigt...." she assumed be had a vision or somehing and she unclasped the chain and put it around her neck before she struggled with the clasp behind her.

It obviously didn't need to be clasped before it started working because her gaze fell on the book and she could see it. "We're going to the right place...."

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 2:11 PM | Message # 50
Original Site Manager
She placed the amulet on her neck just like he had instructed her. He watched closely, waiting to see what would happen. He could see that she was looking down at the book, and then it was confirmed by her saying that they were heading to the right place. He smiled as he responded, "Good. There any other important information in there that we could use?"

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 2:26 PM | Message # 51
Lieutenant colonel
"Your amulet is buried at the base of an obelisk on Ambria. It doesn't say where exactly though. " Ilanah said before she picked up the journal and moved away from him as she read. She flipped the pages as just skimmed. It was alot about what he was doing and wanted, but it was also rather personal with regards to information about her father and family.

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 3:48 PM | Message # 52
Original Site Manager
He thought about the words that she read off and didn't even pay attention to the fact that she pulled the book away from where he could see it. Those words, 'Your amulet is buried at the base of an obelisk on Ambria.' What did that mean? He tried to break the sentence up and figure out if there was anything behind it. He couldn't find anything that seemed to be hiding it in a code. What did it mean by 'your', he wondered. Then it hit him like a brick in the side of the face. The book was written by her father. He must have known that she would read the book after figuring out how to decipher it. He looked over at her, "I believe that your father left you a note of sorts in that book. Specifically, what you just read aloud. Your father wrote 'Your Amulet'. I think that he meant literally Your Amulet..." He paused, waiting to hear her response.

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 4:00 PM | Message # 53
Lieutenant colonel
She turned and looked over her shoulder at him. "What would I need a sith amulet for?" She murmured before she turned back around fully. She knew more than he did at that point, but she didn't let onto that fact right away.

Her father could write the language and could speak it, because that was what he was. Which explained why he just dissapeared and there were no photos of him and her mother had never spoken about him.

Ilanah frowned a little as she read it again and then bit her lower lip lightly.

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 4:05 PM | Message # 54
Original Site Manager
Kal shrugged at her question about why she would need a Sith Amulet. He thought about it for a second as he watched her. She read the book again and he could see it on her face. There was something bothering her. He could feel it. Her emotions. Her feelings.

"What is it? There's something on your mind. Something is bothering you. Tell me....what is it?"

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 4:13 PM | Message # 55
Lieutenant colonel
"My father was a Sith ...is a Sith. If he's alive...I don't know if he is or not because he left or was just gone when I was young. " Ilanah would look up at him for a moment and try to shrug the feeling off.

" I wouldn't have known if it were not for you. " She said casually as she laid the book down. The page was open to some drawings and more words and symbols. One of the sketches was the next amulet itself.

"I suppose you knew that you needed to bring me for a reason, but you didnt know what the reason was until now. Or you might still not know...." She still didn't really understand it herself.

RippyDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 8:41 PM | Message # 56
Original Site Side Manager
Darth Taral, Apostle of the new Sith Imperium, sat on the bridge, his seat off to the side of the official Captain's chair. Taral, a relatively high ranking members of the Imperium, served a shift watching the bridge. Currently, Lord Thanatos had brought onboard a visitor, but Taral waited anxiously for new orders or a course of action. Taral's blood had begun to run cold from a lack of action, and he disliked the waiting.

Sadly enough, they just keep dying...
--
My characters!

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 9:51 PM | Message # 57
Original Site Manager
Kal was a little surprised to hear that her father was, or is, a Sith. It all kinda made sense in a weird way. The writings, the amulet making its way to her, and finally, Kal finding her and bringing her along with him. He looked into her eyes, seeing that this was a matter that hit her hard. He knew that she hadn't seen her father since she was very young. He gave her a slight nod, "There was a reason for you to come along. There are several reasons. The first...I don't know the first cause the Force works in mysterious ways. Second, I needed your expertise as well as your knowledge. Third, that amulet originally belonged to you, therefor I didn't want it separated from you. And Fourth, You wanted to." He paused for a quick second as he could feel the tension coming from the bridge. It was one of his Apostles. He was anxious. That would have to be dealt with next. He turned his focus back to Ilanah, "I understand the situation you are in, but your father has set a path for you. A brilliant path that you must follow. He wouldn't want you to look back, only to keep moving forwards. That is why we've found so many clues so far."
-----------------------------------------------------------
At the same time that the Dark Lord was in the Navigation Room, the Dark Lord's Apprentice moved up to the bridge to check on things. It was the job that was delegated to him from his Master while he was busy or unable to attend to it himself. There he came upon Taral sitting in the seat off to the side of the Captain's chair. Jead'en had a twisted smirk on his face. He had thought of several different ways to kill off this man. He considered him to be a weakness in the Imperium. None of them, not even the Dark Lord himself, took up the traditional 'Darth' title. The Dark Lord, as well as the other Apostles felt that it was a silly thing to do. As he stood there, thinking and watching the Apostle, he decided to do his job that he was given, "Taral, systems in check?"

IlanahThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 10:09 PM | Message # 58
Lieutenant colonel
"I suppose. " She murmured as she kept his gaze for several more moments. "What is if that you need me todo now?" Her fingers found the amulet.at her throat and she touched it lightly and sighed.

" We.know where we're going and what we are looking for..." she smiled slightly and dropped her hands to her sides.

Her gaze went back to the journal and slowly she closed the cover.

KalThanatosDate: Tuesday, 28-Dec-2010, 10:30 PM | Message # 59
Original Site Manager
He gave her a firm nod, "I need you to get some rest. Indeed we do know where we are going, and what we're looking for." He paused for a moment taking a look at the journal as she slowly closed the cover. There were a few things that he needed to research for their trip to Ambria before their arrival. He quickly continued on, "Head back to your room, secure the journal and amulet. There should be a safe located in the closet. Lock it up and get some rest. We should be arriving within the next twenty-four hours. We all will need our rest. It could take a good while to find what we're looking for."

IlanahThanatosDate: Wednesday, 29-Dec-2010, 6:19 AM | Message # 60
Lieutenant colonel
Ilanah looked up at him for a moment and said nothing before she picked up the journal and left the room. She wasn't quite sure where she was going, but she was sure that with enough wandering she would locate it. Or one of his apostles, either way.

So she meandered the direction that they had come from and looked for the room. She wasn't all that tired, yet she was at the same time.

Forum » Mission Sims » Mission Simming » An Ordinary Day
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024