Welcome Guest | RSS
Star Wars : Conflicts
Main
Registration
Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Kael  
Forum » New Jedi Order » Jedi Temple » Life, as we knew it...
Life, as we knew it...
IlanahThanatosDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 8:42 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Flashback: Four years prior-

The girl leaned over him and carefully pulled the gelatinous patches of bacta from his skin. Her gaze trailed over the burns that covered part of his chest, shoulder, and arm. After she threw the used patch into the trash, she brushed a loose strand of raven hair back from her face and tucked it into her loosely tied ponytail. She curled her legs up under her on the side of the bed, beneath the skirts of her full, plum hued silk gown, as she worked. Nimbly, she gently pulled the remaining patch from his chest, just below his collar bone. The wound beneath still looked angry, despite the stitching that the physician who had come to see him had done. The piercing wound was obviously made by a lightsaber, and the burns on his tanned flesh were the residual effect.

Her hazel gaze flitted over his closed eyelids for a moment before she turned her attention back to what she was doing. Mon Mothma had brought him just three days prior, unconscious and wounded from a fight, to the only place nearby that she knew to be safe. The home of the Corellian Senator and his daughter, Rebel supporters and Jedi sympathizers. Immediately when the physician left, she took over, and gently used a washcloth and warm water to clean the dirt and grime from his arms, chest and face, all of which were obviously from the fight. In the days following, he still didn't wake, but she still sat with him and cared for his wounds.

"It looks a little better today." She murmured to him as she worked. The physician had told her that the man wouldn't be able to hear her, but she was convinced that it would help him. In fact, she had talked to him every time she checked on him, and sometimes she sat and read to him.

Carefully, she swiped a cotton pad that was soaked with antiseptic over the burns and over the wound. With her fingertips, she applied a natural poultice of herbs and other plants to the burns. Already the singed skin was bubbling and peeling back to reveal the new skin beneath. She knew that he would be alright, as long as he woke up. After the poultice was applied, she began to lay fresh bacta patches over the burns and the wound to help further the healing. Over that she laid gauze pads to keep the bacta in place and prevent infections.

She packed up the medical box and sat it on the nightstand. "I'll be back after while to check on you." She said as she turned to slide off of the bed. When she did, she felt a hand rest on her own and she looked down to see his fingers gently wrapping around his. Her gaze moved up to his face and her hazel eyes met his own piercing cobalt blue ones. "You're awake." She said, a little shocked as she watched him quietly. He was more handsome than she had originally thought he would be, his eyes being the deciding factor in that.

"You've been taking care of me." He said, albeit his voice was a little hoarse from not speaking.

"I have. Are you in pain? I can get more pain meds...or anything you need." She said softly and he responded by shaking his head.

"Just....your name." He whispered.

She hesitated for a moment and then a smile flitted across her petal soft lips. "Ilanah...Ilanah Ilyone."

Present-

Ilanah sat on the railing of the balcony off of their bedroom and watched Kal as he worked out and meditated in the gardens. Her gaze flitted over his toned frame and she smiled as she watched him and remembered how they met. His body still carried the faint scar from his injury. Idly, she toyed with the ring on the ring finger of her left hand, a ring that had been in her family for years, and a ring that her father had given to Kal to give to her when they were ready.

She smoothed her hands over her abdomen, smoothing the silk of her long silk night gown as she moved to the edge of the balcony to watch him. Her raven locks were left loose, and a heavy silk robe rested on her shoulders and covered bare arms, though she left it open in the front.

As he moved to the courtyard, Ilanah paused, and turned away. She went back inside and closed the balcony doors. While they had years of good memories, there were some that were not so good. It was late, and she was tired, so she climbed into bed and closed her eyes to rest.

Added (24-Feb-2011, 8:42 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Flashback: Four years prior-

"Lana come on, we have to go!" Her father insisted as he grabbed his daughters hand and started leading her from the manor. The sound of blaster fire rang through the corridors and from around the outside of the manor.

"What is going on?" She demanded as she was pulled, though she nearly had to jog to keep up with the fast paced man. "What happened?"

"The surgeon." Antar said simply. The surgeon who had come to care for the Jedi had sold them out to the Empire, likely for money. Either way, a battalion of Stormtroopers was laying siege to the manor and were determined to take the Senator either dead or alive. He was a traitor to the Empire, after all.

He pulled his daughter from the manor and into the gardens onto the path that would take them to the landing pad where his personal shuttle was waiting ready to get them off planet. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the blue of a blue lightsaber flashing as it deflected blaster shots and tore down Stormtroopers left and right with ease.

In that moment of hesitance, an armored arm wrapped around her and tore her from her fathers grasp. He turned to get her and the other arm raised and the Stormtrooper fired three shots, striking the Senator in the chest. As if it was in slow motion, she watched her father fall to his knees and then to the ground, and she screamed. And she struggled, to no avail.

Suddenly, and she wasn't sure how, she was free from his grasp and ran and dropped to the ground next to her father. She tried to get him to open his eyes, but he wasn't breathing, it was too late. Another strong pair of arms wrapped around her and pulled her up and away from the body. It was Kal, she knew it was Kal, but that didn't stop her from fighting against him, her body wracked with sobs.

He pulled her onto the ship and she could hear him yell to the pilot to take off. Despite him trying to support her, Ilanah found herself on the floor, in shock and in tears.

Present-

Her eyes snapped open. The sun had finally set and the room was bathed in an inky darkness. Ilanah looked over to the figure sleeping soundly in the large bed next to her. After the years had passed, they returned to the manor to live, despite the memories that were there. She slowly slipped from beneath the covers so she wouldn't disturb him, and slipped her robe on before she quietly left the room and went to the kitchen to fix herself tea. Sometimes that helped her sleep, though she was increasingly sleeping less and less.

Message edited by IlanahThanatos - Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 8:42 PM

KalThanatosDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 9:19 PM | Message # 2
Original Site Manager
Slowly, his eyes opened. He could feel an emptiness in the bed next to him. Kal looked over, noticing that Lana was missing from the room. The first thing on his mind was not panic. He was able to feel exactly where she was in the manor. The darkness in the room slowly faded as his eyes adjusted to the lack of light in the room. Within seconds, he could see most of the room, even though it was mainly outlines. He sat up, sliding his feet out from under the covers and over to the ground.

One of his hands reached up to rub his eyes. With a large yawn, Kal stood from the bed and walked over to the open window. His eyes scanned the garden below. It was designed similar to the one that he frequently was told about from his mother. His mind was at ease here, and now. The events over the past few years had finally calmed down and were seemingly going to allow him to follow through with the promise he had made for the Jedi.

The person that had made that promise to had wanted the Jedi Order to be re-established, but how could he explain to his wife what he was going to be doing. His feelings told him that there was nothing to worry, but he knew that the human mind is something that can't be predicted. Kal would wait for her to return from making her tea.

IlanahThanatosDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 9:29 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
In the back of her mind, she knew that he would be awake not long after she slipped out of bed, so she tried to keep her trip to the kitchen short. She hated waking him. As she wandered back to the bedroom with the warm mug cupped in her hands, she tried to push her dream, the flashback, out of her mind. It woke her often, but she never said anything about it. And she wouldn't. Ilanah stepped back into the room and saw his outline standing in front of the window as he stared out at the gardens below.

"I am sorry....I woke you...." She said before she sat the mug down on her nightstand and moved over to him. She rested her hands on the windowsill and she looked down at the garden also. "The roses are going to be blooming soon." She murmured as she trailed her hazel gaze over the plants. It was small talk, yes.

Ilanah glanced up at him and smiled a little. "You should go back to bed....get some rest?" She had a feeling she wouldn't be able to sleep anymore that night. That would not stop her from trying. "Or are you not tired? Ilanah murmured as she rubbed her hand lightly on his bare arm.

KalThanatosDate: Friday, 25-Feb-2011, 10:18 PM | Message # 4
Original Site Manager
As he hand would rub his arm, he moved his free hand on top of her hand, "I actually wasn't sleeping that well. There's been way too much on my mind, as of late." He would turn and look at her, not sure if he should tell her what his plans had been or not. All he could think about was the promise he had made to the man that had asked a favor of him.

His eyes met hers as he began to tell her, "I've always liked Corellia, but Lana, I'm afraid that our new home is going to have to be on a different planet..." He was pause a moment, trying to allow it to sink in before he would continue.

"Coruscant. That is where we will be moving to very soon here. I've got something I must do. It was a promise I had made to a fellow Jedi, that I must follow through with." Kal had always wanted to visit the old Jedi Temple, but had never had the chance or ability to when the Empire was ruling over the planet. Now, was his chance to not only visit the old building, but have it rebuilt and bring the Jedi back to the world they belong. Even though the Ecumenopolis wasn't really what the Jedi needed, it was their place in the Galaxy, just as it had been for thousands of years before his time.

IlanahThanatosDate: Friday, 25-Feb-2011, 10:36 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
She drew herself closer when he touched her, and she pressed her body ever so lightly against his before she looked up at him. He would have known that it would be hard for her to leave Corellia, though she had done it with him before, and she would go where he needed or wanted to be. "Whatever you need to do it fine...." She said softly as she rested her head on his chest. "If Coruscant is where you need to be, then that is where we will go." There was no sense in putting up a fight. If Kal needed to do something, she understood that.

Her gaze sought his out again and she smiled only a little before she spoke again. "What promise did you make?" Ilanah asked as she reached up and pushed her hair back from her face with her fingertips. She then rested her hand on his chest and trailed the tips of the fingers and his fingernails lightly over his chest.

KalThanatosDate: Sunday, 27-Feb-2011, 8:52 PM | Message # 6
Original Site Manager
After taking a moment to look down at her hand tracing along his chest, his eyes moved back up to meet hers. He wasn't sure just how well she would take the fact that he was going to be the one that would reunite the Jedi throughout the Galaxy. It would take long hours, and possibly days away on end. There was something inside him that continued to tell him that everything will work out in the end.

"I made a promise that I would be the one to reunite the Jedi and re-establish the Order once again. Coruscant was my choice on where to being rebuilding, only due to the fact that it would provide the most defense while we are in the process of rebuilding." He would have paused for a moment. Something told him that if he didn't travel there now, then he would miss out on something rather needed. He would take her hand into his, "Lana...I want you to prepare our things for the move, meanwhile, there is someone that I need to visit with first."

IlanahThanatosDate: Monday, 28-Feb-2011, 5:56 AM | Message # 7
Lieutenant colonel
He would have certainly been able to feel the fear that coursed through her veins as she waited for him to tell her what was going on. The one thing that Lana had never been able to do, not since the moment that they first met (conscious or unconscious alike), was hide her feelings from him. And that was one thing that she would never do. Hiding them was a lie, and she would have never lied to Kal Thanatos, not for anything. Outwardly, however, she tried not to show any form of upset or worry, but it proved to be too difficult. "Is it not dangerous any longer?" She asked. The Emperor and Vader may have been gone, but that did not mean that there were not still those out there that despised the Jedi. "You know that I cannot bear the thought of losing you." She had already lost enough in her life, the man that raised her and her mother that she never knew.

She nodded though, affirming that she would pack their things as he asked. There wasn't much, really, as they had not settled here long ago, and before that had been traveling. Perhaps, she thought, that settled on Coruscant, they could actually have a life and a home. It was unclear to her how this would work out. It seemed dangerous to her, but if Kal made a promise, then she would do whatever he needed her to do. Ilanah rubbed her eyes lightly with her fingertips. "When do we need to leave? Or....are you leaving and I am to meet you there?" The latter option didn't please her much, but she was assured that whomever he left her with to bring her to Coruscant could be trusted and she would be safe.

Lana squeezed his hand that was holding hers lightly. "It will be fine. I promise I will take care of it all while you go on your visit. You just need to promise me that you will come back in one piece." She had taken care of him once before when he was hurt, but she didn't want to have to do that again if she didn't have to. Seeing him hurt, or worse would have been awful. She moved herself a little closer and rested her head on his bare chest. Her silky raven locks cascaded down his flesh, covering torso and arm as she tried to relax and took a deep breath. "Can you at least wait until morning to leave?" She asked as she rested her other palm at his waist.

Message edited by IlanahThanatos - Monday, 28-Feb-2011, 6:00 AM

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 28-Feb-2011, 8:39 PM | Message # 8
Original Site Manager
Just as he had believed, there was some fear in her about all of this. He didn't have the best track record with not getting injured. It was something he was good at, in a way. Her emotions radiated off of her and right into his senses. He hated the fact that he made her feel this way, but what he had to do had to be done, and it had to be done quickly.

"It is not completely dangerous out there. Coruscant would provide security for you, myself and the Jedi Order once it is rebuilt." He knew that this would be a big step for not only him, but for them as well. He worried that things would begin to become difficult for them while he had to do his job. He shook his head to her, "Do not worry, Lana, you will not lose me. That will never happen..."

Knowing that there wasn't much there, Kal knew that they would be able to travel together. They would need to leave as soon as possible though. The window of opportunity was running out for the greatest chance for his mission to succeed.

"I will be leaving in the morning. I need the rest for the trip, but once I've established a place for us to call home, I'll return for you. Now, if we could..." He would motion his hand to the bed, trying to tell Lana that he wanted to return to bed with her and savor the time they had together before he would depart.

IlanahThanatosDate: Monday, 28-Feb-2011, 9:13 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant colonel
Ilanah watched him as he finished explaining to her what was happening and what was going to happen. She was unsure about staying in that house alone while he went to find them a home and start working on re-establishing the Order, but she would do as she was asked of course. "I know, I just....needed you to know how I feel about it." She was positive that he already knew how she felt and she knew that he knew what she was feeling most all of the time. Their bond was strong, or so she thought.

"Of course....I will get the house packed and wait here for you." Lana said softly as her gaze trailed around the room. It wouldn't take her long at all, so she thought that she could perhaps wait to start packing until he called to tell her he was on his way back. That way she wouldn't have to wait alone in an empty house as well.

When he motioned to their bed, she glanced to it and then back to him before she smiled slightly. "Sure....I am sorry that I woke you." Silently, she was glad that she had woken him, so that they could have discussed this. It would have devastated her to have woken to find him getting ready to leave, or worse, just gone. Ilanah moved slowly across the room and shed her heavy robe as she went, leaving her in the thin, lavender silk nightgown that she was wearing beneath. She climbed into bed and pulled the covers back as an invitation for him to join her.

KalThanatosDate: Thursday, 10-Mar-2011, 8:10 PM | Message # 10
Original Site Manager
As he would slowly take the invitation and climb into bed with her, he shook his head, "Don't worry about waking me. Sleep isn't that important to me anyhow." There would be a slight pause before he would continue on, "I appreciate you understanding that I must do this, and that you are still willing to be by my side through all of this. I will not take long during my trip. It will feel as though I was never gone..." It was then that he would lay his head down on the pillow, looking over at Lana, "But enough of that...we need to get our rest. Both of us will be needing it with the upcoming day..."

IlanahThanatosDate: Thursday, 10-Mar-2011, 8:33 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant colonel
Lana watched him as he climbed into bed and she pulled the covers over him. "I have always been, and will always be by your side Kal. You know that....for better or worse?" She smiled a little and pushed her raven locks back from her face with her fingertips. "And you know that I will also do anything that I can to help, right?" Of course he would know that already, but she wanted to confirm. He could have asked her anything and she would have done everything she could to do what he needed.

As he laid his head down and said that they needed rest, she smirked a little. "I thought you said sleep wasn't important to you?" A second later, her lips were on his and she was kissing him tenderly before she pulled back a little. "But if you've changed your mind about that rest thing....I'll let you rest." She gave him a little grin before she snuggled down next to him and rested her head on his shoulder with her figure nestled against his side.

KalThanatosDate: Monday, 14-Mar-2011, 4:33 PM | Message # 12
Original Site Manager
Her lips had pressed against his, and Kal returned the kiss. Before she would have fully nestled up to him, a small smirk came to his face as she called him out, "That's right, but I know that it will be useful for the both of us. It doesn't matter though. I will see you in the morning, my love..." He would reach his arm around, holding her tightly up against his side. The warmth from her body helped him relax. His mind had been racing the past several days, and now that he was going to follow through, it was constantly going even more. His eyes slowly closed tightly, trying to calm his mind enough so that he could rest before his trip to Coruscant. As it calmed, he slowly drifted asleep.

(Sorry for the shortness)

IlanahThanatosDate: Monday, 14-Mar-2011, 4:57 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant colonel
Ilanah wouldn't say she slept particularly well. In fact, she worried herself enough that she was awake every half an hour or so. She kept herself close to Kal though, because she knew that in a few hours, he would be gone. That was the source of her worry. While she wouldn't say anything, she didn't want him to go and she didn't want him to leave her there alone.

When morning came, she woke again and glanced over to Kal for a moment before she slipped out of bed and slipped her robe on. Quietly, she pulled a bag out of the closet. He hadn't packed himself anything, that she knew of, and surely he would need things. So while she let him sleep, she did that for him. Being the kind of wife she was, he would later find little notes stuffed in a sock, or in with his toothbrush, and even stashed inside the pockets of his pants.

It was obvious that she loved him deeply, which some would see as a weakness in her, but it could be especially in him.

Forum » New Jedi Order » Jedi Temple » Life, as we knew it...
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024